CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Things I don't want to see: Nikola Mirotic. Isaiah Cannan.

Think I want to see: Bobby Portis. Denzel Valentine.

Things I'm very confused by: Increased rotational minutes for Paul Zipser.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Things I don't want to see: Nikola Mirotic. Isaiah Cannan.

Think I want to see: Bobby Portis. Denzel Valentine.

Things I'm very confused by: Increased rotational minutes for Paul Zipser.
Heck, I'll take Zipser over Niko right now. And Canaan. This is what the season has become.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If anyone is curious, Rondo is a game time decision again with an ankle injury. I'd expect Grant to start in his place if he can't go. If that's the case I hope Grant gets more minutes than Isaiah "I'm not nearly as accurate as a" Canaan.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
This is the TNT game right after Sager's death. I'd imagine that the game itself wont be much on showcase anyways.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow, this is really interesting!

Although the video is about Leonard, there's a lot of footage from the Bulls game in it.

Now I know why it took Jimmy 3 quarters to score.

Did anyone else see this strategy?

[video=youtube_share;J28Cy_DF89Q]https://youtu.be/J28Cy_DF89Q[/video]

The Bringer

Beast Pro Legend
Liked Posts:
Can we have the team we had the first 3 games of the season back? I want that team not this team.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't understand how the Bulls or America has ruined Niko. Who is to blame? Who is doing drugs with him? What the fuck is his interpreter telling him because I can't imagine the guy listens to coaching at all.

A guy with that length, game skills, running ability, and beard should not be shitty. He has consistently regressed from his rookie year. Even his hussle declined from what he was as a younger player.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Basically what it comes down to is the Bulls have 4 players that are any good right now. The rest are shitty, though someone like Valentine may eventually develop into something.

I don't get how Jerian Grant actually played a good half last game to start, then barely plays that 2nd half and then doesn't play the next game at all. Sometimes I wonder if Hoiberg has any idea what he's doing.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
The Bulls have plenty of talent to be a top 4 team in the east. Somewhere down the line, they lost their ability to develop players.

Spent a ton on building state of the art training and medical facilities. . . AND... nothing to show for it on the short term.
Spent a ton establishing a local D-League team, not just an affiliation, but owned outright. . . . AND ... not being utilized like they said they would.
Spent a bunch on PR hyping Hoiberg to ease the transition. . . spent on Wade for whatever reason. . . yep, we can keep going.

This is not a team losing because of cheapskate Jerry. It's a team losing because it does not have a system in place. Pax went after a long-term Spurs-style(for lack of a better term) development approach, it started working and getting better each season. Now he squandered everything they built in short period of time.

If you can't develop your players, EVERYONE on the team is worse off. Your best shooting coach is the head coach, but the team can't coach. WTF did they think, this was going to be Steve Kerr 2.0?

No *real* defensive focused coaching. What did they expect? Thibs teachings just infinitely carry over? When most of the players kept(maybe Pax hard-ons?) didn't understand his schema to begin with. Jimmy is an excellent player, but he's not your defensive coach.

Oh, but Fred focused on rebounding throughout training camp. The best shooting coach on the team, the head coach, focused on rebounding, thus we're near the top in rebounding. FABULOUS. Makes perfectly logical sense to me.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Tuesday night it was Levine, Wiggins, and Towns.

Last night it was Parker, Giannis, and Henson.

Long, athletic teams that play above the rim are going to beat the Bulls down. I suspect the same will happen tonight.

As per Crys' comment, the other issue is their draft philosophy. Guys like Doug, Portis, and Valentine are fine in terms of what they've done in the college game, but the college game sucks. The FO seems perfectly content with drafting safe, known commodities who produced on inferior levels. While that might have worked 10 year ago, we see where that is getting you now.

Call it the 'Tyrus Thomas Affect,' Pax is too scared to get burned by drafting potential.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This basically sums up how this game will go

[video=streamable;9ck2f]https://streamable.com/9ck2f[/video]

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
giphy.gif

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Valentine should be the backup PG.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I thought it would be a close game tonight. This is more of a shit show than yesterday.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Ultra low morale, coaches aren't taken seriously.

Niko was fined for forgetting to show up to a walk through.

Unless Fred pulls something out of his ass soon, even Gar can't shield him. He'll be fired by the all-star break.