All Purpose Game Thread

Ron Burgundy

BREAKING: Butler goes off for 52; Bulls beat Hornets

butler-e1483415106419.jpg

Jimmy Butler is a top-10 player in the NBA, and he keeps showing everyone what he’s got even without much of a supporting cast around him at times.With Dwyane Wade inactive due to a knee injury and the Bulls trailing for much of the game, Butler simply put the team on his back, going off for 52 points, 12 rebounds, and 6 assists to help the Bulls knock off the Charlotte Hornets 118-111. It’s been a while since a Bull scored that much in a home game, and I’m sure you can guess who the culprit was:https://twitter.com/JeffGurt/status/816122998881193984He was already on the verge of a huge night with 35 points through the end of the 3rd quarter, but with the Bulls struggling to take control of the game, Butler threw down an additional 17 in the final frame, completely taking the game over down the stretch.The Bulls might not be a great team right now, as they’re currently on the outside looking in at the Eastern Conference playoff picture. But if nothing else, Jimmy Butler has proven that he’s worth the price of admission.If you didn’t think he was one of the game’s elite players yet, then it’s time to recognize real.

More...

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Man Mirotic is ass. I was way wrong about him. I thought he would develop into a pretty good player but he's just been bad

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Good to see the other guys actually contributing. Jimmy still looks tired from that game Monday

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What's this sorcery?

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Good win despite no love and irving. Jimmy with a great 4th again

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Jimmy was having an ugly one till that 4th. Good to see he can turn it on when he needs too.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The team needs more juice on the wing or at PG, really. Doug needs to play this type of game more often than not. If he can't, he needs to go. Hopefully the Bulls could string a few more together and develop some momentum which has been lacking of late. Jerian Grant is not making the most of his opportunity which is disappointing. He has a great chance to really steal a role on this team but hasn't been able to solidify himself.

Guys I'd target in trade: Eric Gordon, Brandon Knight, Jrue Holiday, Will Barton, Gallo, Rudy Gay, Tobias Harris

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Jrue would be a steal. When he can stay on the court, he is really an underrated player.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
The way the Rockets are playing, Eric Gordon is going nowhere. He's also number 2 in made 3 pointers this season behind SC30.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The team needs more juice on the wing or at PG, really. Doug needs to play this type of game more often than not. If he can't, he needs to go. Hopefully the Bulls could string a few more together and develop some momentum which has been lacking of late. Jerian Grant is not making the most of his opportunity which is disappointing. He has a great chance to really steal a role on this team but hasn't been able to solidify himself.

Guys I'd target in trade: Eric Gordon, Brandon Knight, Jrue Holiday, Will Barton, Gallo, Rudy Gay, Tobias Harris

Yeah...if Niko and McBuckets could score like this for a little stretch the Bulls could turn it around.
The PG play is better with McW, and the scoring bursts of Grant.

I didn't think much fell off with Rondo other than his attitude and getting disgruntled with Hoiberg.

Portis should be playing more of Niko minutes, and finding the floor despite the emergence of Gibson's game. No reason to ride Gibson and Lopez so much when Portis and Fabrio give opponents issues. Rotates those bodies man.

Less guards, more bigs. Fuck the league trends, we have guard length and should go big.

I think always have either Wade or Butler on the floor, and let them play apart more often. Even get Wade into the point more. We need to see some combos that favor us offense/defense.

Wade-Butler-McBuckets-Niko-Portis

I'd like to see that. With Lopez maybe instead, but lets throw change ups at people. This team has crazy lineups they just need to trust their players to play more.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
It's not good when you're almost at the end of the first and Lopez is leading the game in shot attempts

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Keith Bogans wearing #21 for the Bulls tonight.

edit: Whoops, didn't know Jimmy was playing with a cold. I had the game muted in the background. Now that explains everything.

Last edited: