All Purpose Game Thread

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Sixers without their 3 best players, and they can kickstart a run whenever against this Bulls team. Seriously, Lopez playing one of his best games, you'd think with all the emotions high, the whole chip on so many players shoulders, refs giving the Bulls favorable calls, Sixers sloppy with possessions, the Bulls should be winning this game by 40 points with all things considered.

Nope, it's been back and fourth between a single and double digit lead. If they find a way to lose this one, this will be the single most embarrassing game of the season.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
With Noel at 5 fouls with 7m left in the game... so essentially their best defensive presence down low has been rendered ineffective, and guess what? Bulls still not putting this away. Wow, for anyone not watching this, it's such a joke of a game. 7 point lead, almost 5 minutes left. Was over 20 at one point.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
:clap:

About time. Clock management saves the game really.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To put it into perspective, the Bulls are only like 7 wins ahead of the Sixers so...yeah, it's that kind of season.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Beat Mr. Triple Double rather handily...this team is weird

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
They have the tools to steal games from every team in the league. When Robin Lopez has his defensive timing and hits low contested shots, that opens up everything for this team. He's a good center, very serviceable. Just not consistent or a starter for a contending team(assuming you don't have a heap of all-NBA caliber players covering for him).

Best part about last nights game, was Grant actually reading his teammates on the strong side. He seems to have this achilles heal, and maybe because he's young and still developing, but he gets lost on the strongside of plays on BOTH sides and breaks from the play. Not many teams have picked up on it thus far, but the ones that have(namely after Grant has a good game, gets himself scouted more for the next games prep) have managed to kill the Bulls. Those are also the games where Taj becomes useless, because he's used to floating in the box. Assuming the coaches know this, and I'm sure they do, I'm kind of worried their solution is to play the offense through Jimmy instead of running backdoors.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not sure the last time I've seen anyone not named Doug McDermott or Jimmy Butler run any kind of backdoor play.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I don't know why they don't. It's a basic play, you find them in all play styles. Doesn't take a special player to do them. It takes a special player to run them effectively, but anyone can use it to force a man switch.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
It's just weird to see the Bulls play somewhat composed after making stupid mistakes. Usually they fall apart.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Whoops, spoke to soon.

Or maybe it just looks like they lost composure, because their SHOOTING IS DEAD LAST IN THE NBA.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Now why would they retire Yao's number in a game vs the Bulls? Bulls and Rockets are the #1,2 teams in China.

BTW, kind of irked being on another few NBA forums(a few of the biggest, you can guess) and how none of the local fans on those sites are talking about this. Either most people don't think he deserves the recognition, or they're just closet racist about Asians playing in the NBA. I'm going with the ladder(at least on those sites) and it's pathetic.

A jersey number retirement is a big deal. Even teams that throw up jerseys with low criteria don't do it THAT often to the point that fans of that team would ignore it. Just cold, flat out cold.

Last edited:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
All in all, pretty good 2nd half. Ah yep, talking to myself.

Hello world

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
LMAO James harden just hops on Carter Williams back and they call a foul on Carter Williams ???these refs love them some harden

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Yeah, especially down the stretch. I think they were trying to make sure the Rockets won on Yao night.

Losses are more valuable to this Bulls team anyways LOL.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
First quarter composure, now here is where they blow it. =/

Ron Burgundy

Dwyane Wade proves he’s still got it, saves Bulls vs. Kings

ct-bulls-vs-kings-photos-spt-20170206.jpg

Dwyane Wade turned 35 years old earlier this season and isn’t as dynamic as he once was, but he can still deliver in clutch time when he’s needed. After the Chicago Bulls watched a 27-point lead evaporate against the Sacramento Kings in the 4th quarter of last night’s game, Wade went into hero mode without Jimmy Butler in the lineup, scoring 31 points on 12/18 from the field and putting the Bulls up for good with 13 seconds left with an ice-cold jumper. https://twitter.com/SLAMonline/status/828847873919823872 Then, a few seconds later, Wade drove the dagger into the Kings’ heart by stealing the inbound pass and throwing down a game-clinching dunk, making the score 111-107. https://twitter.com/_MarcusD2_/status/828844552391790593 For good measure, he even hit a free throw after D’Marcus Cousins was assessed his second technical foul of the game and was ejected from the game. With that shot, he had scored the Bulls’ last seven points. Wade’s scoring average of 19.1 points per game, good for second on the Bulls to Butler’s 24.6 ppg, which is a far cry from his hey-day in Miami when he was pouring in north of 25 points every night. But even though he’s been relegated to more of a “Robin” role in his career next to LeBron James and now Butler, he keeps showing that he still knows how to be “Batman” when he has to be.

More...

Ron Burgundy

Bulls.com Wade stays humble in supporting role

By Sam Smith

He’s perhaps the most perplexing figure in sports, the aging superstar, the man whose resume reveals excellence and championships, but whose reality finds that in a photo album. He can be the hope and anticipation for a franchise, though more often it’s tumult and turmoil.

It has been for so many, and not because they had any ill intent, other than being unable to overcome time as they had opponents.

No one else could defeat Michael Jordan, defy Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson, Elgin Baylor, Dave Bing, wall after wall, room after room of them from the Basketball Hall of Fame.

Dwyane Wade is going there, though not quite yet since he still has plenty of basketball work to do, and it could again require a starring role Wednesday with the Bulls playing the Golden State Warriors. Wade is coming off a brilliant close to save Monday’s win over the Sacramento Kings, and the Bulls list Jimmy Butler—along with Cristiano Felicio—as questionable for the Warriors with a heel injury.

[FONT=&quot]Wade was up to the challenge Monday as much as he wasn’t Friday in a last minute loss to the Houston Rockets. But amidst all the roster roulette and coin flip Bulls season that now stands at 26-26, there remains the question of who Wade is: Historic savior or a man playing out futile memories?[/FONT]

Click here to view the original article

Last edited by a moderator:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Don't be surprised if the score is like 155 to 79.

Warriors going to roast the Bulls tonight. Because to them, destroying the 17 Bulls is somehow symbolic of chasing that 96 Bulls team shadow.