All Purpose Game Thread

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow. I think I had the highest expectations on the board, and I wasn't even in the ball park. I thought competitive, winning record, low seed.

I didn't think we could shame bad teams and we would be quite this deep, or that the additions would gel this fast or be this good.

Safe to say this team is shattering the highest of expectations. Shattering.

Please don't let the Knicks be our first loss. Rose probably has his best game of the year, then will lose a leg to an amoeba infection next month.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
this is how i imagined the Bulls would play under Hoiberg

also no more headband rule!!!

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
they are trying to be to flashy now

YFC

Liked Posts:
Great job on the ball movement. 26 assists from 9 different players.

The rebounding numbers also look good -- evenly distributed across players.

The trip to TD Garden is gonna be a tough one.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The key to me is what the spacing on the court is like. Getting rid of Rose and getting Rondo is the biggest difference of them all. And Lopez is a big improvement over Gasol at center. Every player has space in which to operate.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm all for trading Niko, but what could we realistically expect to get for him? I don't see too many teams bidding for his services before he's eligible to be a free agent and will no doubt get overpaid.

Niko should go nowhere. He is becoming a good and valuable player on both sides of the court. He makes very few mistakes offensively and has become a pretty good rebounder and defender.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So at 3-0, while beating 1 medicore team and 2 crappy teams (Pacers can be good offensively but they've clearly taken a major step backwards on defense this year), is this team anything to get excited about yet? They are hitting three's to start so that is something...but its also something I don't see continuing. Health is another thing I dont't see continuing.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
So at 3-0, while beating 1 medicore team and 2 crappy teams (Pacers can be good offensively but they've clearly taken a major step backwards on defense this year), is this team anything to get excited about yet? They are hitting three's to start so that is something...but its also something I don't see continuing. Health is another thing I dont't see continuing.

Well it was a must win game last night....

YFC

Liked Posts:

At least it is a blowout. How often can you say that last year or the year before that?

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Michael Carter-Williams out a month with a bone bruise.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
First 3-0 stat since 1998, that's a long time.

I know it's only 3 games but this is what you should expect from a veteran team especially when several are on expiring contacts. Wade no longer feels he need to dominate the ball, he understands it's 2016 and he can be a part of the offense most of the time and only occasionally 'feel it' and take over games. Rondo is under control and leading the team on offense, trying to push the ball up and taking a stand on defense. Lopez is under no pressure to do more than he's capable of. Jimmy takes the heavy load when he's on and when he's not he can defer to others. Gibson just plays his role and doesn't have to play beyond his ability just let the game come to him.

What I'm seeing is that the new players are an enormous upgrade over last year. For all his 'energy' at the end Noah didn't have many people following him in that. Rose was probably the worst floor general and team leader of any star point guard, he didn't get the team going on offense and was horrible on defense. Tony Snell brought nothing. I liked Mike Dunleavy jr but I think McDermott can grow into that type of player and more during the season.

I looked at 50 wins for this team before the season but 55-58 doesn't seem out of reach.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why don't we wait until we beat the inevitable 2011 champion New York Knicks before we jump to any conclusions about how good this team is?

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
yeah once the scouting report is out then we'll get into how good we are. this year we have literally put out a whole new team and playstyle after about 6 years of the same.

the good news is we finally have a team thats willing to get out in transition and pass the ball. this is something they have been promising for years and now we have the guys to do it.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yeah once the scouting report is out then we'll get into how good we are. this year we have literally put out a whole new team and playstyle after about 6 years of the same.

the good news is we finally have a team thats willing to get out in transition and pass the ball. this is something they have been promising for years and now we have the guys to do it.

Looks like that. It is like Rondo is just showing them that they will get rewarded with a basket if they run with him.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
IGT: Bulls vs Celtics Nov 2 at 7pm on ESPN