Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Romo.....?! nah.....

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ya'll laugh.... but do you REALLY think Fox is gonna roll with a rookie QB with his job on the line? Not likely.

It's going to be Romo (or some other comparable vet) and Hoyer next year.

Not saying that's the right move.... but it's how Fox/Pace are going to play it IMO.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who knows if he would come here, but his football career is nearing the end. I can't see him wanting to finish as a backup to Prescott.

laputan

Liked Posts:
As of Friday, there will be a 30% tariff on Mexican quarterback signings in the NFL. Romo better be worth it.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Someone is going to sign Romo. If he stays healthy, he is a top 10 QB and he probably has a few years left.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Who knows if he would come here, but his football career is nearing the end. I can't see him wanting to finish as a backup to Prescott.

........then maybe he could see his career end..... crumbled up on the ground with Bear trainers around him. cuz he didn't get a pass off quick enuiff behind our OL.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
I thought about this the other day and can totally see it happening. Pace and Romo with that Eastern Illinois connection, might have been teammates for 1 year, iirc? Maybe you get a couple Brett Favre in Minnesota years out of him. But we still need to draft a QB.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok, for a second, let's play with this.

Romo was the ultimate team player this year. Said the right things and did the right things. What if they signed Romo AND drafted a QB at three? Couldn't they tell Romo that hes being paid to coach and mentor a draft pick? Is that really so bad? Couldn't our FO office promise to let him start the season while the rookie continues to develop? And if hes playing well and the team is winning couldn't they let him keep starting?

I know we have a ton of cap and the newish rookie wage scale will help us greatly. Romo plus a QB at #3 seems like a decent idea. Decent.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Prefer this than acting like Watson worthy of a top 5 pick

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Why would having a walking corpse prevent a team from drafting a QB with their top pick?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lmao..This is rich. Don't get me wrong..Romo is better than Cutler when healthy, but we're gonna go from an oft injured qb to another injured qb? go from an expensive qb to another expensive qb?

Can't say I disagree. If he missed so much as 1/2 a game due to injury, CHI media & fans would eat Romo alive given his history.

That said, if structured right a 2-3 year tops front-loaded incentive laided contract could net him as a great bridge QB while they develop a draft QB or two.