28-14-5, 61 points, t-2nd place in Western Conference

@

tumblr_mmsxm6sm1v1s9tojuo1_400.gif

23-19-6, 52 points, t-6th place in Eastern Conference

Puckdrop - 8:00 p.m.
TV - CSN Chicago, NHL Network
Radio - WGN AM 720
Webstream - CSNChicago.com

A lot of these names will sound familiar to you. The Boston Bruins still have Patrice Bergeron and Brad Marchand and David Krejci and Torey Krug and Zdeno Chara and a few other guys from the 2013 Cup Final. They also boast one of the league's most exciting young players in David Pastrnak and have added noted trash heap David Backes. But age has befallen many of the Bruins' stalwarts, a contributing factor to them missing the playoffs in the last two seasons. The Bruins do own a playoff spot right now while sitting third in the Atlantic, but their two-point lead over Toronto looks perilous when you consider the Leafs have five games in hand. I think we all know the story for the Hawks by now, so not much to rehash there, eh? Darling gets the space between the pipes.

LET'S GO HAWKS!!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
DMelt making Hawk IGTs great again

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Toews needs to get his game back, maybe a Backes rumble will commence

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Only Kruger and Rask out of the 8 guys noticeable in that gif remain on the teams

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
a lot of these names will sound familiar to you. The boston bruins still have patrice bergeron and brad marchand and david krejci and torey krug and zdeno chara and a few other guys from the 2013 cup final. They also boast one of the league's most exciting young players in david pastrnak and have added noted trash heap david backes. But age has befallen many of the bruins' stalwarts, a contributing factor to them missing the playoffs in the last two seasons. The bruins do own a playoff spot right now while sitting third in the atlantic, but their two-point lead over toronto looks perilous when you consider the leafs have five games in hand. I think we all know the story for the hawks by now, so not much to rehash there, eh? Darling gets the space between the pipes.

Let's go hawks!!

lol

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Only Kruger and Rask out of the 8 guys noticeable in that gif remain on the teams

I usually try to stick with current players in all the GIFs, but I felt like making an exception here.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm disappointed Crow isn't going against Tukka, but its been noted here Crow could use a blow and Q chose to extend a long layoff. Ok.

I'm a Rask fan. I prefer him as a goalie to Quick though both have been accused of being overrated, I don't know where that comes from, maybe Doughty and Chara? Most teams have a couple elite defenders though, and I have seen some jaw dropping games from Rask. I just like his style, he doesn't ever give in.

This is the perfect game for us.

Its obvious we can overwhelm the weak or injured teams. Its just as obvious we are a play or player short when against a motivated top 5 NHL team right now. The Bruins are a good gauge, and I think with Darling in net this is a toss up. But one we can and should win, and it would mean alot more to me than last weeks 4 game winning streak that meant nothing.

The Bruins are a top franchise caught in a rebuild that is going faster than expected. Still...we have more talent and grit. But they are gritty as hell and tougher than us, as usual.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The Bruins are a top franchise caught in a rebuild that is going faster than expected. Still...we have more talent and grit. But they are gritty as hell and tougher than us, as usual.

The Bruins are in the opposite of a rebuild. They're a team with a bunch of aging veterans desperately clinging to their past success and the grip is only getting looser.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I'm disappointed Crow isn't going against Tukka, but its been noted here Crow could use a blow and Q chose to extend a long layoff. Ok.

I'm a Rask fan. I prefer him as a goalie to Quick though both have been accused of being overrated, I don't know where that comes from, maybe Doughty and Chara? Most teams have a couple elite defenders though, and I have seen some jaw dropping games from Rask. I just like his style, he doesn't ever give in.

This is the perfect game for us.

Its obvious we can overwhelm the weak or injured teams. Its just as obvious we are a play or player short when against a motivated top 5 NHL team right now. The Bruins are a good gauge, and I think with Darling in net this is a toss up. But one we can and should win, and it would mean alot more to me than last weeks 4 game winning streak that meant nothing.

Because the last several years Quick has been really inconsistent and even was awful in much of the 2014 playoff run. It used to be people saying he's still great called put detractors saying they don't like his style, but no the stats keep falling

Rask on the other hand with like Price and Crow are highly consistent overall, even with bad stretches, in the top 5 of goalie 5on5 success the last 4 years or so.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
This team would be so screwed if the goalies weren't playing so damn well

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ares is bored af

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Nothing new under the sun this day in America right? I see another hawks goalie win

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nothing new under the sun this day in America right? I see another hawks goalie win

It WAS the Bruins after all, forechecking the universe to death and afraid to advance numbers, or too slow, but I don't think we should minimize it.

The reason I have been dieing for this line-up is to have a shut-down defender on each line. The Hawks scoring will always flare up, the defense is how we win in the playoffs.

The pregame anouncers were talking about Panik needing top 6 to produce, being a weird guy. And Toews needing Hossa. But Toews needs peak Hossa, not this guy. Its better to defend and open up Panik into that workhorse role. Toews may need Hossa on offense, but he sure doesn't on D as we see again, with him taking Bergeron out.

Bergeron was hot coming in too, with 9 points in last 8 games, putting up 1.1 per. Toews took a point off the other team as he does every night, and whatever Hartman Toews Panik can muster offensively you can accept if they are shutting down the #1's.

3C is the trade that should be made, and you can always connect Toews and Hossa if you get desperate. But I really like

Toews
AA
Hossa
Desjardins

So yeah...goalie shutout, but it was our back-up and I don't think we should ignore that spreading out those 4 defenders netted a shut-out so soon. When Kruger returns, you can hand him the third, and strengthen the first with Hossa, or you can have a shut down third with Hino-Kruger-Hossa (a shut-down that might get out and boogie, and get Kruger to pull up to the net more often).

Or you can shut down fourth with Desjardins-Kruger and trade for 3C and keep the rest where it is.

Its not Hossa and Toews who all of a sudden can't play together as much as giving Toews a young workhorse in Hartman, and having nowhere else where Panik will produce.

We have been trying to move Hossa down for a while, so when you all of a sudden have an opportunity where he has a little something going with Hino...see where it goes. If it stalls try the Hino-Toews-Hossa line and Hartman-Panik on 3 after they get some time together.

Is he worth anything in a trade? Or the biggest surprsie to me is can we win a championship with him centering Hossa?

But all the starting wingers have found a partner except Desjardins. I know its Q but I hope he rides this one out. We lost and he stuck with it so he must like something there. I'd like to observe this for a bit and then ease Kruger back.

Get the Hart Attack line going at all, find Hossa a center, and we will be seriously nasty.

And yes I am overlooking Kero.

Kero is the one blackhawk (other than Darling at the trade deadline) we should be discussing right now. Anyone watching him? How is he doing? Is he playing NHL hockey well enough to stick? Well enough to play for a canadian team?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cliff notes for the drunk....

Hossa game winner!!!!!

Hino set him up, assist to Kero also. Darling player of the game.

The best part for me is Hino broke away on an almost identical play to the goal ON THE SAME SHIFT passing across an open goal mouth...I think the first one was even behind the goalie sorta...but if Hossa taps it its in...was just difficult to get to.

They can't be split up anymore than Panarin-Kane can.

I think the best center for them is the one who can win the most face-offs.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

...but I thought you didn't want toews to center them? Aaaaaahyah

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cliff notes for the drunk....

Hossa game winner!!!!!

Hino set him up, assist to Kero also. Darling player of the game.

The best part for me is Hino broke away on an almost identical play to the goal ON THE SAME SHIFT passing across an open goal mouth...I think the first one was even behind the goalie sorta...but if Hossa taps it its in...was just difficult to get to.

They can't be split up anymore than Panarin-Kane can.

Faceoffs but not Toews...getting back to the line science, Hossa and hino need a center that wins possession AND is a wanted net front presence, so maybe playoff Toews, Q will spin that one for sure.

If we got a Vanek we could drop Hartman to that shut down 4th.

My first priority is a faceoff winning net front center as I prefer Toews sniping more from distance and moving his feet skating around. It's redundant with HH,

Let's see where this goes. Bondra Toews Debricat? Has potential.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Missed it, taking daughter to Driver's Ed class last night. Glad they won. Good job Darling on the goose egg.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
...but I thought you didn't want toews to center them? Aaaaaahyah

ooops....yeah I tried to expand that from my phone last night, didn't work.

I thought about that statement as well, since Toews is one of the best.

My conclusion was that Toews isn't the right guy in the regular season for centering that, because going back to "LINE SCIENCE" we don't want him being the net front guy. The center we are looking for is a net front guy, and a possession winner whether that be defense or faceofffs.

Thats why I wonder if Kruger could do it? Too limited going forward? I don't know because Hossa and Hino would beat anybody up the ice, and if it stays Kruger will get to net.

Toews I would like to see step back and start sniping some more again.

Didn't he used to do that? I mean my first impressions of him were that he had an incredibly accurate top shelf shot and could snipe in that mid range rather well. He showed the abiltity to beat keepers with his insane shootout percentage.

How exactly does one lose their wrist shot? Shouldn't that be the last thing to go on a player? Its been ages since he was dangerous with his stick.

I was thinking about that too, and how we kinda gave up on a promising player in Marko Dano because Toews couldn't finish all of a sudden that year. He came in last year and just can't finish.

I think maybe Toews just paces himself through the season and their were probably physical complications as he got older and took more abuse that led to that team decision.

So maybe come playoff time Hino-Toews-Hossa is the right card.

Hartman-3C-Panik

But if Toews can generate that first line into some points with Panik....then the Hawks will be so scary.