What happens when our FA/ rookie QB

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Let's correct some of your kiddie-like claims:

Fiction: "You guys jumped off the Barkley bandwagon after only his 6th start when he put a few stinkers together."

Fact: Most were NEVER on the Barkley Bandwagon. Most were cautiously neutral with the thought that we should let it play out and see if he can improve.

Fact 2: He didn't have a "few stinkers". His first 2 games (GB and Ten) were shit shows. In the two game stretch where he didn't throw a shit ton of int's he also only threw 1 TD. Then he reverted again to a guy who doesn't care about the ball. He was never "good" last year. The best way to describe it is he didn't make a dumb mistake for a game or 2.

____

Fiction: "It takes a QB (young or not)about 20 games in a system to master said system."

Fact: You pulled that number out of your ass. Hoyer was putting up consistent +300 yard games and +90QB rating games in this system from day 1.

____

Fiction: "he is basically a rookie that you gave up on after only 6 games"

Fact: He is not "basically a rookie". He is a QB that had been in the league for 3 years prior to the Bears. He's had tons of reps inclusive of actual game reps. He's been so bad since coming into the league that 2 other teams - both of which needed a QB - decided he was not worth keeping. And he proved why with us.

____

Fiction: "This thread is NOT about Barkley"

Fact: Bullshit. You still have a baby boner for him. You could have used the fact that some Bears fans, after 7 seasons, are still on the Cutler bandwaggon.... But nah, you wanted to focus on Barkley. You mention or refer to him half a dozen times. Do us all a favor, wipe your chin.
Blow it out your ass, your too stupid to argue with. The thread is about the patience it takes with a rookie and can the fan base wait. Only a moron like you reads more into it. Making things up and then blows them out of proportion. Yes we quit on Cutler after 6 games so he would have made a better example. No wait thats not what happened, so maybe thats why Cutler was not used as a example. der der der. MORON.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Barkley was a lottery ticket that didn't come in.

Not a legit developmental player.

The Bears would actually have to draft a QB high for us to have the answer.
Again forget Barkley. Tell me how you think this fan base will act when the young guy struggles and how fast the word bust gets used.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Believe it or not, 'thirtyjim's gotta point. He just doesn't know how to make it.
LOL . Because you don't comprehend to well hardly means my point was off or that I don't know how to make a point. I dumb it down as far as I can for the challenged among us. If confused ask a adult for help. But not one from your gene pool as it won't help.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Again forget Barkley. Tell me how you think this fan base will act when the young guy struggles and how fast the word bust gets used.

Apart from you and DB70, I think the consensus is either that we don't know because we've never done this before or that he will get time. You think people will jump on a rookie the second he throws a pick I guess?

People are so sick of Cutler that at least a young QB getting picked off in the redzone or giving up a strip sack on our own ten yard line will have a kind of novelty value. Oh, and I think a rookie gets more time than Garoppolo would for obvious reasons. Even if we give up a couple of 2s for him but especially if we give up a 1 then I think he will come under pressure, and by extension Pace, more quickly as he's supposed to be further along in his development and will be on big money.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I love it when a fan ties their testicles to a shit player, defends him regardless of reality, then turns into a hostile child. It's amusing.

I would like to solve the puzzle

Desperado

Frigidus

Liked Posts:
Seriously? Look how much time we gave Cutler. It isn't like whoever it is would have massive shoes to fill. Especially if we draft someone the fans will be very patient.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Blow it out your ass, your too stupid to argue with.

"you're"

The thread is about the patience it takes with a rookie and can the fan base wait.

No it's not. Give it up, dumbass.

Only a moron like you reads more into it. Making things up and then blows them out of proportion.

Didn't make anything up. You did several times. And I pointed them out. Sorry that upset you.

Yes we quit on Cutler after 6 games so he would have made a better example. No wait thats not what happened, so maybe thats why Cutler was not used as a example. der der der. MORON.

Exactly dumbass.

People didn't give up on Cutler after 6 years. Yet those same people realized within a few games that Barkley was trash. Understand yet?

Sadly, Probably not...

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Mark my words... unless the new QB is an absolute superstar out of the gate, he will be received with love and hate depending on who you talk to on this board.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Bears have drafted 1 QB in the top 3 rounds in 14 years.

They have never in my lifetime drafted a QB in the top 10.

I am not sure anyone can assume how people will react to something that has never happened.

You're younger than 35?

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
What happens when our rookie QB has that horrible game or 2 or 4 that most young guys do. You guys jumped off the Barkley bandwagon after only his 6th start when he put a few stinkers together. So is that what will happen again?

No, because if you watched what made Barkley good, it was throwing down the middle of the field on his comfortable/bread and butter skinny post route by a slot guy or a TE mismatch on a slow linebacker across the middle. Once defenses started taking away all of his comfort passes and zones, you saw what kind of quarterback Matt Barkley really is, and why he's now on his 3rd team in 4 years, and why he and guys just like him (Hoyer) are a dime a dozen.

If you're taking a quarterback in the first round, the bears have to give him several full seasons. He doesn't need to be perfect, just progress well with help around him on the line and at WR.

And why are you trying to reason with bears fans when it comes to quarterbacks? This is probably the dumbest fanbase when it comes to quarterbacks and talking about them. Bears fans see a glimpse of decent play by anybody and they have to have him as a starter. That's why you see a lot of idiots on this site clamor for Garopollo or McCarron or Glennon via trade. They saw 1-2 decent throws and ignore the rest, seeing what they want to.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
What happens when our rookie QB has that horrible game or 2 or 4 that most young guys do. You guys jumped off the Barkley bandwagon after only his 6th start when he put a few stinkers together. So is that what will happen again? It takes a QB (young or not)about 20 games in a system to master said system. Will Bear fans give a rookie the time it takes? You did not with Barkley. This thread is NOT about Barkley and I only use him as a example because he is basically a rookie that you gave up on after only 6 games. So why will things be different with a different rookie? I just hope you guys will back whatever QB we end up with, more then just 6 games. I hope you will give him a full season or more before quitting on him. FA or drafted QB it will take 20 games to know what we have. I question if a young QB can be mentored and improved with such a harsh fan base trashing him daily. All pro athletes check around to see what is being said about them, none admit it. So how many games will the new guy get before you quit on him?
Barkley didn't just have bad games, he had monumental bad games that jibed with the level of QB he was already said to be. If you get a QB who would be expected to give a 60ish QB rating type performance and then he gives you just that, how can you think he's better than that?

No way Bears should bring him back next year. Leave that spot open for a QB drafted in the mid rounds.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Barkley is a guy who could not even supplant Mark Sanchez on a depth chart.
He was not on a roster in 2015.
He came in to the game and played exactly like you would expect anyone of that caliber and history to play. He was absolutely hideous. Mechanics, decisions... you name it, he sucks at it.

That is the frame of reference for your post- the lack of patience with a fellow of that quality will automatically translate to the same lack of enthusiasm for a top level draft pick.

With that in mind- would you be willing as a bear fan to take some whatever random jackass that is sitting on the practice squad of dallas right now behind Mark Sanchez and give him the keys to the Bears for a couple years?

Or- How about we grab Logan Thomas or Tom Savage and let them start next year? They were both drafted in 2014 in the fourth round... we should probably give them a shot, right? I mean, that is exactly the caliber of player you are whining about here.

I mean, you are probably right. Eagles fans will have zero patience for Wentz cause they didnt keep Barkley around to give him a shot.
Rams will never give Goff a legit shot because they didn't let Sean Mannion get a year.
Bucs fans will never tolerate winston because Glennon should have gotten a few more years.
Titans fans will never give Mariota a fair shake because Mettenberger didnt get near enough time.

... Your premise is about as stupid a premise as I have ever seen... Fans wont give a fair shake to a first rounder because they are unhappy with a fourth rounder off the scrap heap!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The only QB from last year I'd like to see more of it Shaw. I'd say Buh Bye to Cutty, Hoyer, and Barkley.

This but I keep Barkley around until Sept.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Obvious answer is, you never start a rookie QB unless he's what's left sitting on the bench, ala Dak Prescott in Dallas.