The Trade

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The trade coming looks to me, like its got to be one of two things.

We trade for 3C, drop Kruger to 4

We can only do this if Hartman-Toews-Panik starts putting up points.

Otherwise, we need a 1LW instead.

This will slide Hartman down, either down to 3 with Hossa coming up, or down to 4 to form

Desjardins-Rasumussen-Hartman and then Kruger centering line 3.

If we got everything we need, 1LW and 3C, this squad looks unstoppable with what I think is going to be a determined defense come playoffs.

We have a few weeks for a 4th center to take the spot, or for Hartman-Panik to prove they can produce on #1.

The 3C spot is the easiest add, if Kero or Smaltz can't stop

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would serious explore a trade for the Capt. It might not be popular, but for 2 years he has looked like crap. Great players elavate the play around them, but I fear our Capt is tur ing into a 10.5m version of Dustin Brown.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would serious explore a trade for the Capt. It might not be popular, but for 2 years he has looked like crap. Great players elavate the play around them, but I fear our Capt is tur ing into a 10.5m version of Dustin Brown.

no.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I can't even tell what Toews talk is serious and what isn't.
That's called the grimson effect

There's just constant rumor guy loving their attention; anyone basically remotely on the market will get, hmm hawks looking there talk.

Though what interests me is still how Arizona has demoted Duclair to the ahl, if there's a time to offer for a big deal a package getting him and whether they want Stone, Handzal, or Vrbata at all. It would cost a huge thing like Schmaltz level big but of it involves getting help for a cup run rental plus a 21 year old speedy lwer option that had a 20 goal season last year it's a valuable chance.

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I can't even tell what Toews talk is serious and what isn't.

I like Toews alot, but at the same time anyone can and shoukd be available if it helps the team long term. Right now for whatever reason we havent see the Capt that we are used to see play going on 2 years. He may regain form, but at 10.5 and limited production if I'm a GM i explore all options. Not trying to bash Toews, I want to see the window stay open, and with the cap being stagnet anything should be on the table.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
So how bout that huge trade, ahl pieces always seem to be Stanbos first steps into openong the trade market

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So how bout that huge trade, ahl pieces always seem to be Stanbos first steps into openong the trade market

We made a trade today? I had basketball games all day

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Latta for Schilling!

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
We made a trade today? I had basketball games all day
Well for the icehogs.

Cameron... not curt... Schilling. Who to non icehogs familiar folks is a 28 year old defenseman they had last year and this year. He's been their vet leader at the spot but nothing NHL caliber. They've had a log jam at D this season in the ahl and they aren't making the playoffs best set to just play prospects now and boy they have many.

From Gustav Forsling, Erik Gustafson, Viktor svedberg, Carl dahlstrom, Robin Norrel, and ahl/echl guys Robin Press and Luke Carlson.... oh wait I only named the Swedish ones. That's how much young D at the ahl level we have. All but svedberg are 24>younger.

And they got back Michael Latta to be in the ahl. A still youngish 4th line plug goon type that was on the Caps for a few seasons. Nothing special but the hogs simply need bodies at forward no matter what they are. Other than Motte, Baun, and maybe Luke Johnson, all the icehogs forwards seem to be permanent ahl players. The absolute lull of skill forwards apart the few games of Schmaltz/Motte (now not even having Kero) has been the biggest drag to making that team suck again after a period of success the past 2-3 years.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Latta and Wilson were like the bash bros for the Caps. At worst i would think Laata would be a better skilled Mash.