What do we do at WR if AJ leaves?

Scooter27

Liked Posts:
Only seems like now people are starting to understand that we need alshon badly.

When he got suspended everyone was done with him. "LET HIM GO" .. "WHO CARES"... They were saying

Why is everyone so damn hot and cold here. Its obvious we freakin need him. He's the best wide out the bears have had in all my years. He can tak over a game in minutes.

To everyone who once said theyre done with him.. Believe me you'll miss him when he's gone

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When AJ goes to NE and wins a few championships, we'll be on here crying about it for years.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Only seems like now people are starting to understand that we need alshon badly.

When he got suspended everyone was done with him. "LET HIM GO" .. "WHO CARES"... They were saying

Why is everyone so damn hot and cold here. Its obvious we freakin need him. He's the best wide out the bears have had in all my years. He can tak over a game in minutes.

To everyone who once said theyre done with him.. Believe me you'll miss him when he's gone

Well luckily none of us have any say in it so if they do let him get away then i'm sure they'll have a plan for what they're gonna do to replace him whether that be for next year or they try to go with White and Meredith next year to see what they can do and go from there.

So i'm hearing people talk about Jeffery but not many are giving any kind of plan on what they would do if he does leave?

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They have White. Get Mariani back and they'll be good to go. :lol:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
What the hell are we gonna do to replace AJ if he leaves in free agency? The free agent class stinks and we have so many damn needs at other positions that i'm not sure i see Pace going WR in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd round and with the free agent market at TE being just as bad or even worse than WR we might have to go TE early in the draft.

If we draft a QB early and plan on playing that QB then we're most likely in for a good two to three years of dealing with that QB growing so i guess we could go with C.Meredith, K.White and maybe another tier 2/3 WR we get from free agency or later in the draft but that could hurt the growth of our QB. We could call the Saints to see if B.Cooks is on the trade block but that will cost us a 1st round pick or a couple of early picks for Cooks. There's guys like P.Garcon, K.Britt, K.Wright, T.Pryor and others like them in free agency but the only one i can see having any chance at being even close to a #1 WR is Pryor.

So what would you do to replace AJ if he does end up leaving like this article i'm posting that has him going to Tennessee??

https://t.co/cca8d9gZrB

draft 1 of the Clemson wrs

JeffChrist

Liked Posts:
If we have a young QB that we'd like to develop then a guy like Alshon is your best friend. A guy who will go up and get it even if the ball isn't perfect. It'll be hard to develop a QB's confidence if he's only got guys like Josh Bellamy and Kevin Glass to throw to. It might cost more than a guy with his numbers is worth on paper, but we need him and we have the cap space to sign him without hurting the organization in the future. #KEEPALSHON

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
When AJ goes to NE and wins a few championships, we'll be on here crying about it for years.

Like how Shea was going to be an all-pro when bellicheck got a hold of him?

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
Any good player that the Bears can force to play for them with a franchise tag should be tagged because good players certainly aren't gonna be coming to the Bears for a winning culture, good coaching, or nice weather.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You offer AJ a 3 year 36 mil contract, if he takes it great, if he doesn't you let him walk. It really is as simple as that.
As to what you do if he walks, that is largely dependent on what Pace is doing with the 3rd overall pick. I am a fan of trading a second for JG (won't trade our first though) and then trading down to 10, and acquiring additional picks, covering the cost of JG+. I then use the 10th pick on Corey Davis (or Mike Williams).

However, if we do go QB with the 3rd pick, I am strongly considering trading back up into the 1st to acquire either of the two. And I am doing this regardless of if AJ stays or goes.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I prefer it when they use his real name.... Jeffries.

can-stock-photo_csp4815334.jpg

Jeff Fries

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You offer AJ a 3 year 36 mil contract, if he takes it great, if he doesn't you let him walk. It really is as simple as that.
As to what you do if he walks, that is largely dependent on what Pace is doing with the 3rd overall pick. I am a fan of trading a second for JG (won't trade our first though) and then trading down to 10, and acquiring additional picks, covering the cost of JG+. I then use the 10th pick on Corey Davis (or Mike Williams).

However, if we do go QB with the 3rd pick, I am strongly considering trading back up into the 1st to acquire either of the two. And I am doing this regardless of if AJ stays or goes.

So instead of what most think we should do with our early picks which is go defense with at least our 1st or 2nd rounder, you would use our early picks on offense? I guess we could get away with that if we're able to get one of the top FS's, CB's and pass rushers in free agency.