dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
What the hell are we gonna do to replace AJ if he leaves in free agency? The free agent class stinks and we have so many damn needs at other positions that i'm not sure i see Pace going WR in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd round and with the free agent market at TE being just as bad or even worse than WR we might have to go TE early in the draft.

If we draft a QB early and plan on playing that QB then we're most likely in for a good two to three years of dealing with that QB growing so i guess we could go with C.Meredith, K.White and maybe another tier 2/3 WR we get from free agency or later in the draft but that could hurt the growth of our QB. We could call the Saints to see if B.Cooks is on the trade block but that will cost us a 1st round pick or a couple of early picks for Cooks. There's guys like P.Garcon, K.Britt, K.Wright, T.Pryor and others like them in free agency but the only one i can see having any chance at being even close to a #1 WR is Pryor.

So what would you do to replace AJ if he does end up leaving like this article i'm posting that has him going to Tennessee??

https://t.co/cca8d9gZrB

jonimus

Liked Posts:
If we let AJ leave, then we should strongly consider resigning AJ.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace will tell AJ he is going to draft QBs in the first 4 rounds and one of them will be a star thus assuring AJ HUGE numbers, convincing him to sign a team friendly deal.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
I would sign Garcon. He's a great route runner and leader. He would be ideal to work with White, Merideth, and Bellamy. Obviously, losing AJ would hurt, but we can use that money to upgrade another position.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Cam Meredith had 888 in 10 starts this year.

I would love Jerffery to be back. But, he really hasn't given us over these last 2 years what he did in his second and 3rd year.

He's replaceable.

Right because having a deep receiving core for a brand new QB would be a bad thing.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yup, he can only put up 800 yards. Not like injury or suspension had anything to do with it. Let em walk. He sucks.

You giving him a pass on the suspension? That's his fault for being as lazy with his training regimen as he is his route running . . .

. . . Jeffrey is overrated. And he's not really even rated that high . . .

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would sign Garcon. He's a great route runner and leader. He would be ideal to work with White, Merideth, and Bellamy. Obviously, losing AJ would hurt, but we can use that money to upgrade another position.

What an awful idea. Garçon is older than dirt . . .

Throwthebones

Liked Posts:
I'm probably not going to cry over the 800 yards (his avg last 2 years) if he walks...

Cam Meredith had 888 in 10 starts this year.

I would love Jerffery to be back. But, he really hasn't given us over these last 2 years what he did in his second and 3rd year.

He's replaceable.

He started 10 he played in 14..... So yeah cam at this point is a good second.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears have no backup plan to AJ leaving. They must resign him.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm probably not going to cry over the 800 yards (his avg last 2 years) if he walks...

Yeah i agree with that but we all know what he can do and if we get us a real QB then we're gonna miss having AJ to work with that QB.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

It would definitely be a good idea to get a veteran in here if we lose AJ to help our other WR's who are all young guys. Garcon could be a good choice and maybe K.Britt, D.Inman, K.Stills, W.Snead.

Here's a list of free agents

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...gency/&usg=AFQjCNGBW2__91rqOsdmhM2Y2PfeRH_QQg