Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
You tag him and try to work out a deal again. You don't let him walk. I read somewhere the Bears get a cap credit for the PED suspension which means they could tag him for roughly the same number as last season.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
There's a WR playing for our Bears coaching staf on the North team in the senior bowl that i haven't heard much about for the draft yet but this could could be a really good one that we might be able to get a little later in the draft.

Amba Etta-Tawo (Syracuse WR)

Washington

Liked Posts:
AJ is not worth the $17m per season via the 2nd tag. I seriously doubt he'd sign a long term deal with our train wreck which is QBless. If he's tagged again, he's playing out the season and signs with another team next year. I like Alshon as a player but he does not deserve top 5 money - nowhere close actually. WRs are a dime a dozen in this league. GB finds good ones every year and none are drafted high by them. Det made the playoffs without CJ this year and they had no running game at all. Any of the FAs listed by DB70 would suffice for now.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
AJ is not worth the $17m per season via the 2nd tag. I seriously doubt he'd sign a long term deal with our train wreck which is QBless. If he's tagged again, he's playing out the season and sign with another team next year. I like Alshon as a player but he does not deserve top 5 money - nowhere close actually. WRs are a dime a dozen in this league. GB finds good ones every year and none are drafted high by them. Det made the playoffs without CJ this year and they had no running game at all. Any of the FAs listed by DB70 would suffice for now.

I'd go up to $12 mil per for AJ like another poster said a 3 year $36 mil deal would be a good deal for us and AJ. Erin can make any WR look good.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You tag him and try to work out a deal again. You don't let him walk. I read somewhere the Bears get a cap credit for the PED suspension which means they could tag him for roughly the same number as last season.

Tagging him a second time is the most brain dead ignorant thing I can think of. Suspended for PED use? No problem, here is a raise. Offer to pay the man what he is worth, not a penny more.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I'd go up to $12 mil per for AJ like another poster said a 3 year $36 mil deal would be a good deal for us and AJ. Erin can make any WR look good.

I could live with $12m per year but that is even high for AJ. I don't see him taking any deal this year when he can make $17m on the tag (highway robbery) or get to play with whatever team he wants to play with and still get around that $12m. If he's tagged, he'll get to play with the team of his choice in 2018. I don't believe he wants to be in Chi and what WR would in all honesty unless you are older and would be happy just having a job. The WRs in GB still have to run good routes and catch the ball. That is not all on the QB.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So instead of what most think we should do with our early picks which is go defense with at least our 1st or 2nd rounder, you would use our early picks on offense? I guess we could get away with that if we're able to get one of the top FS's, CB's and pass rushers in free agency.

The way I see it unfolding, yes. The Draft is deep in defensive talent, so is FA. Hopefully that will keep the price of the FA defensive players reasonable. There isn't shit out there on the offense FA market. And what there is, you will most surely overpay. Too many people on this board like to speak in absolutes, but in all reality, it's a series of If/Then equations.

For instance, I am not opposed to re-signing AJ. if at the right price.
I am for trading for JG, but not for the #3 overall pick (#35 plus a compensatory pick is my offer)

Depending on how these two questions sort them self out, they will have a butterfly effect on the rest of the 2017 offseason.

One thing that is consistent however is the need to prioritize the secondary in the FA period.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Tagging him a second time is the most brain dead ignorant thing I can think of. Suspended for PED use? No problem, here is a raise. Offer to pay the man what he is worth, not a penny more.

You can't get caught up in ego as a GM. Pay to keep him. Don't spend a fortune long term, but one year tag when we have a ton of money? Yes. We have other positions to address now. We can't create another hole.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You can't get caught up in ego as a GM. Pay to keep him. Don't spend a fortune long term, but one year tag when we have a ton of money? Yes. We have other positions to address now. We can't create another hole.

That hole has existed for the last two years, is not suddenly being created, it already exists.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The way I see it unfolding, yes. The Draft is deep in defensive talent, so is FA. Hopefully that will keep the price of the FA defensive players reasonable. There isn't shit out there on the offense FA market. And what there is, you will most surely overpay. Too many people on this board like to speak in absolutes, but in all reality, it's a series of If/Then equations.

For instance, I am not opposed to re-signing AJ. if at the right price.
I am for trading for JG, but not for the #3 overall pick (#35 plus a compensatory pick is my offer)

Depending on how these two questions sort them self out, they will have a butterfly effect on the rest of the 2017 offseason.

One thing that is consistent however is the need to prioritize the secondary in the FA period.

The defensive free agents this year is much stronger than the offensive side for sure especially the WR's and TE's so i could get behind building our defense through free agency and going QB, WR, TE at 1, 2, 3 in the draft. Lets just go all Clemson and get Watson, Williams, Leggett in the draft...lol

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The defensive free agents this year is much stronger than the offensive side for sure especially the WR's and TE's so i could get behind building our defense through free agency and going QB, WR, TE at 1, 2, 4 in the draft. Lets just go all Clemson and get Watson, Davis, Butt in the draft...lol

fify

Getting either Davis or Williams will require trading back up into the 1st however.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
"What do we do at WR if AJ leaves?"

Suck.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
What have we done the last two years with AJ on the roster?

Suck

That's true but you have to admit that a lot went into our losing ways especially these last two J.Fox years.

I've been getting hell for saying this all year but we're not as far away as most think we are. If we can keep AJ on the right contract, get our QB in the draft or get our QB in the draft and get a veteran on a short two year contract to help groom our young QB and with a few little moves our offense would be set.

Our defense needs a secondary and a pass rusher and everything i just mentioned can be done in just this offseason and this team could take a good leap forward in just one season if and of course the big if will be who our starting QB will be next season. If it's a T.Romo, K.Cousins, T.Taylor, Jimmy G (maybe) and even C.Krapernick we could win at least 8 games next season.

That's right i said it you bastards.

Washington

Liked Posts:
If it's a T.Romo, K.Cousins, T.Taylor, Jimmy G (maybe) and even C.Krapernick we could win at least 8 games next season.

In order:

hell no on the old brittle man, OK with me but he'll be tagged, no, depends on trade price but prefer a draft pick or Cousins, FUCKING HELL NO on that racist and anti-American ASSHOLE.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You giving him a pass on the suspension? That's his fault for being as lazy with his training regimen as he is his route running . . .

. . . Jeffrey is overrated. And he's not really even rated that high . . .

Who gave him a pass? All I was pointing to was the reason for 800 yards on the season. If you want to circlejerk him with a stat clearly being taken out of context that is on you two schmucks.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well luckily none of us have any say in it so if they do let him get away then i'm sure they'll have a plan for what they're gonna do to replace him

Because the front office did such a bang up job replacing all the talent they dumped from the team lately. You sir give them too much credit.