What do we do at WR if AJ leaves?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's true but you have to admit that a lot went into our losing ways especially these last two J.Fox years.

I've been getting hell for saying this all year but we're not as far away as most think we are. If we can keep AJ on the right contract, get our QB in the draft or get our QB in the draft and get a veteran on a short two year contract to help groom our young QB and with a few little moves our offense would be set.

Our defense needs a secondary and a pass rusher and everything i just mentioned can be done in just this offseason and this team could take a good leap forward in just one season if and of course the big if will be who our starting QB will be next season. If it's a T.Romo, K.Cousins, T.Taylor, Jimmy G (maybe) and even C.Krapernick we could win at least 8 games next season.

That's right i said it you bastards.

If, if and more If's...........

When I was back there in seminary school,
There was a person there
Who put forth the proposition,
That you can petition the Lord with prayer
Petition the lord with prayer,
Petition the lord with prayer
You cannot petition the lord with prayer!

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Because the front office did such a bang up job replacing all the talent they dumped from the team lately. You sir give them too much credit.

Well, Howard, Whitehair and Merideth had better to vastly better seasons then Forte, Slauson and Marshall did. and obviously you have 3 guys in their early 20s as opposed to early 30s. So...

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yet an UDFA who's been playing receiver for 2 years outproduced him.

I think Jeffery will be re-signed after hitting the market and realizing teams don't pay guys for what they did 3 years ago.

Somebody will, doesn't mean it has to be the Bears. He either takes less money with a contender, or signs for big $ with a shit team.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yet an UDFA who's been playing receiver for 2 years outproduced him.

I think Jeffery will be re-signed after hitting the market and realizing teams don't pay guys for what they did 3 years ago.

In more games. And he hasn't outproduced him for 2 years. Anyway, so what? Why do fans act like it's a bad thing to have multiple talented players on the roster?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Probably the same fans that are afraid of taking a quarterback with our first round pick. What did you expect from the chicken littles that can't fathom the concept of having a good offense.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned Terrelle Pryor as another option. Like Meredith, he's a converted WR who has worked his ass off to put up good numbers on a browns team with a terrible QB situation like the Bears. He's a tad older but I think he's ascending as a player and will probably cost less. Apparently, his commitment to football and work ethic are very high.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned Terrelle Pryor as another option. Like Meredith, he's a converted WR who has worked his ass off to put up good numbers on a browns team with a terrible QB situation like the Bears. He's a tad older but I think he's ascending as a player and will probably cost less. Apparently, his commitment to football and work ethic are very high.

He actually was listed previously. I'd be on board with him. I'd take Garcon too.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Pryor, Britt, and stills would all be an option for me. I'd also look to add a TE in the draft as well as another WR.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Because the front office did such a bang up job replacing all the talent they dumped from the team lately. You sir give them too much credit.

I'm clearly out there as a R.Pace fan and think he has done a good job so far and hope that continues this offseason.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If, if and more If's...........

When I was back there in seminary school,
There was a person there
Who put forth the proposition,
That you can petition the Lord with prayer
Petition the lord with prayer,
Petition the lord with prayer
You cannot petition the lord with prayer!

:confused:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Well, Howard, Whitehair and Merideth had better to vastly better seasons then Forte, Slauson and Marshall did. and obviously you have 3 guys in their early 20s as opposed to early 30s. So...

Seems like one hell of a trade off to me. Job well done Mr Pace

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

He'd automatically become our top WR and top QB and i did have him listed in my OP.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Cam Meredith had 888 in 10 starts this year.

I would love Jerffery to be back. But, he really hasn't given us over these last 2 years what he did in his second and 3rd year.

He's replaceable.

Idiotic thinking. Hes played with F level qb play and still manages to put up numbers. Can you imagine what he can do with a better qb? Id resign him.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
If we're taking Cleveland wrs, take Gordon.

Sent from my bathroom using toilet talk

Washington

Liked Posts:

But, playing devil's advocate on this, would the combo of Howard and Forte been a better 1-2 punch than Howard/Langford? Slauson would have fit in very nicely with all the injuries on the Oline and he was a starter in SD. Would a Marshall/AJ combo have been better than AJ/all-the-rest? This is a case of adding talent to talent and not eliminating talent. I ask the same on Miller/Bennett versus Miller/Paulson. Money was not the issue in any of these cases.