What about Tyrod Taylor and then....

46dogs

Liked Posts:
draft Deshaun Watson with 3rd pick. You then would have 2 qbs with similar skill sets.Then run an offence that suits them both, run the ball, be physical ,control the clock.This means we need to look at o tackle in 2nd 3rd rounds.Taylor would be a quality qb who could start or help mentor Watson. While I think Taylor can be a good starting qb I really think with some coaching Watson can be great,and this could end our void at the qb position.I know it will be hard to pass on Allen,Hooker Garrett if he is there and others but d lineman have maybe 5 great years but 15 with a great qb. I would then let Alshon walk and use free agent money on our d secondary.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why would you draft Watson when many have Trubisky ranked higher or have Kizer with the highest upside of any of the draft prospects? Just because those two have similar styles of play? Why not go Hoyer and Kizer?

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
They really aren't very similar at all. I wouldn't be spending what is likely big dollars on a QB like Taylor when you're going to be starting Watson anyways. Taylor would make sense if you grab someone like Mahomes later in the draft who needs years of development. I'd rather spend minimal dollars on someone like Hoyer if the Bears are able to land Watson at 3.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why would you draft Watson when many have Trubisky ranked higher or have Kizer with the highest upside of any of the draft prospects? Just because those two have similar styles of play? Why not go Hoyer and Kizer?

Because....maybe..different people have the players ranked differently?..Why are trying to universally apply ESPN etc rankings to every scenario?

46dogs

Liked Posts:

I just think Watson is the real deal far better than Kizer and Trubisky,the scouts will have him number 1 prospect when all is said and done and will be a Brown anyway so don't worry.He did a number on Alabama with at least 6 1st round d picks,dont that prove something to you?There isn't 1 nfl team with 6 potential 1st round picks on their D.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:

Trubisky wont be available to the Bears. Kizer does not run or fit the Tyrod mold. I think that was the OP's premise.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because....maybe..different people have the players ranked differently?..Why are trying to universally apply ESPN etc rankings to every scenario?

Well, actually was listening to the Score this morning. Their "expert" said,"Kizer".

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I like Taylor's ability to protect the ball and minimize turnovers. If we were gonna go FA Qb, ya definitely want Taylor as he makes for the smarter choice of the FA Qb's. However, if we end up with Watson, we might as well roll with Hoyer and Shaw.......and let battle it out in preseason.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
draft Deshaun Watson with 3rd pick. You then would have 2 qbs with similar skill sets.Then run an offence that suits them both, run the ball, be physical ,control the clock.This means we need to look at o tackle in 2nd 3rd rounds.Taylor would be a quality qb who could start or help mentor Watson. While I think Taylor can be a good starting qb I really think with some coaching Watson can be great,and this could end our void at the qb position.I know it will be hard to pass on Allen,Hooker Garrett if he is there and others but d lineman have maybe 5 great years but 15 with a great qb. I would then let Alshon walk and use free agent money on our d secondary.

So sign Taylor,draft Watson,sign FA db,let Alshon go and go Oline with our second pick. This does absolutely NOTHING to improve this team for next year and beyond. Taylor is a mediocre stop gap for Watson who many dont believe is even one of the 3 best qb prospects in the draft. Who do we sign to help the secondary? Berry? Who is going to cost a ton of money and still only improves one spot while you need help at 4. Get rid of Alshon so thats one less weapon to help out the incoming qbs who are going to need all the help they can get. Going Oline in the second round is a good idea but not if you havent addressed the defense at all. So youll pass on a great DL or S prospect in the 1rst then pass on a db or possibly a qb in the 2nd round for an lineman. Congratulations all youve done is throw away an opportunity to immediately build an elite defense in favor of not really improving your offense for another year if at all if Watson doesnt work out which would set you back another year or two.

Our best option is to go Allen in the first and the best DB option in the second and Oline in the 3rd. Qb and Tight end with our two 4th rounders. Sign Taylor,Alshon and possibly some secondary help. We need to build this defense into a force this year and look to get a qb in next years draft which has 4 solid first rounders with very high ceilings.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
So sign Taylor,draft Watson,sign FA db,let Alshon go and go Oline with our second pick. This does absolutely NOTHING to improve this team for next year and beyond. Taylor is a mediocre stop gap for Watson who many dont believe is even one of the 3 best qb prospects in the draft. Who do we sign to help the secondary? Berry? Who is going to cost a ton of money and still only improves one spot while you need help at 4. Get rid of Alshon so thats one less weapon to help out the incoming qbs who are going to need all the help they can get. Going Oline in the second round is a good idea but not if you havent addressed the defense at all. So youll pass on a great DL or S prospect in the 1rst then pass on a db or possibly a qb in the 2nd round for an lineman. Congratulations all youve done is throw away an opportunity to immediately build an elite defense in favor of not really improving your offense for another year if at all if Watson doesnt work out which would set you back another year or two.

Our best option is to go Allen in the first and the best DB option in the second and Oline in the 3rd. Qb and Tight end with our two 4th rounders. Sign Taylor,Alshon and possibly some secondary help. We need to build this defense into a force this year and look to get a qb in next years draft which has 4 solid first rounders with very high ceilings.

we need to bolster the "O". We only avg 17pts. a game. We need a Qb now. The "O" totally didn't help our "D" out in 2016.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Calm down, you look and sound constipated. Add some fiber to your diet and take a probiotic daily, also drink plenty of water. Then come back and post with a more clear head.