2 QB Off-season Plan

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
What have you done with Willie Young?!!!!!

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Joe Mixon punched a woman in the face and it's on video. No thanks

hitting a woman is wrong, but reports say she first called him the N-word, spit, shoved and slapped him. He retaliated.

Throwthebones

Liked Posts:
If we don't look at a TE in the first 4 rounds we have failed to scout properly. It is a good year for that position I'm all for drafting two qbs. I just don't know if you have to do it that high. Honestly who are some 5th to 6th round qbs in this draft. I only hear about 4 names (Watson, kizer, Webb, mahomes)

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its almost like you made this for me!!

We are so in line with what is best for the bears its scary. A couple things.

I think you have to trade up to 55-62 for Webb. And Its Kaaya at 69, maybe even 62-65, or just at our pick 69 but certainly not in 4th round. He won't be there.

Those are my two targets, as well as Russell in the 4th, Mayfield in the 6th....I think all of those are good value for those QB's.

My non-interest in players like Watson/Mahomme, is not me saying they won't succeed. Or Trubs. (Kizer is a classic bust for me, I don't like that he got fat in college when he should have got yoked and more athletic from his freshman year).

I just think they are projected to far above my risk value. I'd love Watson at 55, but he won't fall below 34. Likely to go 30.

I don't believe Webb will go in the 2nd round and the Bears will mostly not have to trade up in the later rounds because Cleveland and San Fran will have already drafted their QB's

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Webb had teeny tiny hands today. 6'5" w/9.25....very bad news for cold weather teams not expecting that.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Webb had teeny tiny hands today. 6'5" w/9.25....very bad news for cold weather teams not expecting that.

I have soured on Webb after watching more of his footage.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Spending big in FA on a safety, then using your 1st round pick on another one seems a bit of an overkill to me. Then again, I simply haven't done enough homework on Hooker other than knowing he had one great year.

Also, I'm part of the crowd that wants to spend the #3 pick on a QB. Or in the very least spend a 2nd round pick, move into the later end of the 1st, or trade for JG. The plan to draft two mid round players to fill a position of need reminds me of the Emery era where we stocked up on ILBs (Bostic and Greene) and DTs (Ferguson and Sutton) in the same draft only to come up empty handed a few seasons later. I'd rather find one player to put all our resources behind and committ ourselves too.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Spending big in FA on a safety, then using your 1st round pick on another one seems a bit of an overkill to me. Then again, I simply haven't done enough homework on Hooker other than knowing he had one great year.

Also, I'm part of the crowd that wants to spend the #3 pick on a QB. Or in the very least spend a 2nd round pick, move into the later end of the 1st, or trade for JG. The plan to draft two mid round players to fill a position of need reminds me of the Emery era where we stocked up on ILBs (Bostic and Greene) and DTs (Ferguson and Sutton) in the same draft only to come up empty handed a few seasons later. I'd rather find one player to put all our resources behind and committ ourselves too.

You have to watch Hooker man. He is electric. Special qualities and just scratching the surface to his potential. A strong defensive teacher like Fangio would be perfect for him to limit his responsiblities and put him in positions of success. With Floyd/Trevaithon/Freemmans drop back abilities in front of him that side of the field would be a dead zone.