Deonte Thompson 6th best Kick returner in the league..

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Who would have thunk it?
Yards/Return
1 Cordarrelle Patterson, WR 31.7
2 Alex Erickson, WR 27.9
3 Benjamin Cunningham, RB 27.2
4 Tyler Lockett, WR 26.3
5 Dwayne Harris, WR 24.2
6 Deonte Thompson, WR 23.0

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
For the record that 6 out of 10 qualifying kick returners. 10 returners had 20 or more kick returns.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Also a 23 yard return from 5 yards deep in the endzone really isn't doing your team very much good.

laputan

Liked Posts:
For the record that 6 out of 10 qualifying kick returners. 10 returners had 20 or more kick returns.

We have the most kickoff returns in the league this year (returned 48 percent in 2016) and have lost the most yards as a result. The team that returned the least, Jacksonville, has positive yards by picking only favorable situations or teams to run against.

morris-kickoffs-2.png

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
We have the most kickoff returns in the league this year (returned 48 percent in 2016) and have lost the most yards as a result. The team that returned the least, Jacksonville, has positive yards by picking only favorable situations or teams to run against.

morris-kickoffs-2.png
that surprises me, as i had the impression we returned less KOs in 2016, when we returned more.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
most teams would benefit from not returning kicks in the endzone

I don't agree, the KO is a chance for a field flipping play. Why pass it up for a few yards? Most "bad returns" still get you out past the 15, where the offense can still run all of its plays. Taking a knee in the end zone strikes me as being conservative for no particular reason.

A KO is an almost guaranteed chance to get the ball into the hands of a dangerous runner in the open field. Teams should get a good returner and coach up the blockers.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't agree, the KO is a chance for a field flipping play. Why pass it up for a few yards? Most "bad returns" still get you out past the 15, where the offense can still run all of its plays. Taking a knee in the end zone strikes me as being conservative for no particular reason.

A KO is an almost guaranteed chance to get the ball into the hands of a dangerous runner in the open field. Teams should get a good returner and coach up the blockers.

Over a season I would imagine a team loses yardage by taking it out of the end zone......I could see returning it if you were playing from behind and were desperate for a big play.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Deonte Thomspon...HOF'er?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
they need to move the touch back to the 20 yard line again...make kick offs worth it

the whole point was to make kickoffs less relevant and lessen the opportunity for injury.

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Sooo, Mariani was doing better? This takes into account the change from the touchback at the 20 vs. the 25, right? Schemes may have changed as a result.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

morris-kickoffs-2.png

so we are flaming idiots as usual...

What the fuck kind of information are they looking at in halas hall? Why do we always have to be the dunderheads?

Any coincidence to being #1 #2 with San Diego for IR and leading the league in losing the most dangerous play?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
We should start a new rule, no mention of Logan Paulsen. His name being mentioned makes me think of a missed block and yellow flags.