Seeing a few mocks with Watson #1 overall...

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I sure would love to see this happen.

Guarantees Garrett goes off the board at #2.

Puts Bears in the driver's seat at #3, allowing us to take Trubisky.

I did a fanspeak mock twice and both times he was gone before our pick. Once to the Browns and once the 49ers. Garrett was gone both times as well.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is absolutely no way Watson goes #1 after refusing to play in the Senior Bowl when Cleveland asked him to.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Since people seem to listen to the sports media so much, hopefully this will help simmer the impending bitchfest if Pace drafts him, as I hope he does.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
There is absolutely no way Watson goes #1 after refusing to play in the Senior Bowl when Cleveland asked him to.

Lol, wut? They obviously asked him to because they like him...

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since people seem to listen to the sports media so much, hopefully this will help simmer the impending bitchfest if Pace drafts him, as I hope he does.

BUT I THOUGHT THIS QB DRAFT CLASS SUCKED!

Matt Miller heard Watson is a 2nd or 3rd round pick!!!

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why does this surprise anyone? All these mocks will at some point have:

All 3 top QB's
And at least one of the top two defenders going #1

It doesn't make any sense for them to pick a top guy and leave him there for 3 months. But if you change the top guy every couple weeks everyone gets excited and goes "did you see xyz's Mock Draft"? This is about clicks... nothing else... period.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I sorta think that the Bears have the #1.5 pick overall. Cleveland will, with all certainty, select someone that will suck balls, as that is their lot in life. SF has Jed York to fuck things up with the GM search. So they will clear the debris for the Bears. One of the two will likely take a Garrett , as a no brainer, but the Bears may have been looking QB regardless, so they have a good chance of getting the #1 guy on their board.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Will Peterman make a strong showing at the Senior Bowl and create a Pace mancrush. It very well could happen.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
No QBs in this draft are first rounders. 3 to 5 will go in the first. Probably 2 in the first 5 picks. Great year to have a top pick.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol, wut? They obviously asked him to because they like him...

Yes, they liked him. They called him and tried to persuade him to go, and he still declined. No way they draft him at #1.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
No QBs in this draft are first rounders. 3 to 5 will go in the first. Probably 2 in the first 5 picks. Great year to have a top pick.

I think in January of last year nobody had Wentz going until the 5th round.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think in January of last year nobody had Wentz going until the 5th round.

Untrue. Wentz was a top prospect as early as the start of his senior year in college.

Found some mocks where he was going at #22 or so overall last year. I see your overall point but it wasn't that stark of a situation.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

This comment shows three things.

1) You don't understand the value of the position relative to other positions.

2) You take what the media says as gospel, even though they're laughably wrong every year.

3) You think you know how QBs who haven't even been drafted yet are going to pan out in the NFL, which is impressive seeing as not a human walking the earth actually knows that.

All of these top three prospects have infinitely more talent than Matt Barkley, by the way.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This comment shows three things.

1) You don't understand the value of the position relative to other positions.

2) You take what the media says as gospel, even though they're laughably wrong every year.

3) You think you know how QBs who haven't even been drafted yet are going to pan out in the NFL, which is impressive seeing as not a human walking the earth actually knows that.

All of these top three prospects have infinitely more talent than Matt Barkley, by the way.

Sorry for getting in the middle of your discussion, but I don't get where everybody is getting this media narrative from. I've read the same thing in multiple threads. What "media" exactly says not to pick the top QB's??? Pretty much EVERY analyst I've seen has the top 3 QB's going in the first round.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sorry for getting in the middle of your discussion, but I don't get where everybody is getting this media narrative from. I've read the same thing in multiple threads. What "media" exactly says not to pick the top QB's??? Pretty much EVERY analyst I've seen has the top 3 QB's going in the first round.

If that's the case, why do people keep regurgitating the whole "there are no first round QBs this year" nonsense?

Or is it only noonthirty saying that over and over because he wants Barkley to start, and I'm not paying attention?