IGT: Lightning @ Blackhawks 1/24 at 7:30 p.m.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
KillerscreamECFGM3.gif

21-22-5, 47 points, 16th place in Eastern Conference

@

tumblr_inline_ohfzmvPdpP1rveaat_500.gif

30-14-5, 65 points, 2nd place in Western Conference

Puckdrop - 7:38 p.m.
TV - CSN Chicago
Radio - WGN AM 720
Webstream - CSNChicago.com

I learned something new today, guys. The Tampa Bay Lightning have the worst record in the Eastern Conference. Well, technically two other teams have the same point total, but they've got games in hand. So, yeah, it's the Lightning. How in the hell did that happen? Steven Stamkos is hurt again, but the Lightning have been very successful in long stretches without 91. Goalie Ben Bishop's numbers have taken a dip this year, but I don't know if I'd call it a catastrophic drop-off. Guys like Kucherov, Hedman, and Drouin have decent point totals and it doesn't look like the team's possession numbers have gone off a cliff, either. Maybe it's the grind of two deep postseason runs finally catching up? I have no idea. Anyway, that's who the Hawks play tonight. And if the Hawks want to stay within striking distance of the Wild for home ice in the playoffs, these are the games they have to win.

LET'S GO HAWKS!!

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Lots of injuries and Vas hasn't been all phenomenal in replace it Bishop either

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We are also searching for an explanation for something not being something else that is quite similar.

They are 2-3 games away from the playoffs.

Only the AVS/Coyotes feel out of the playoffs. They could win 4 games in a row and be an earstern wildcard frotnrunner.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Kruger off IR. Looks like he is in.

I wonder if this means they send Kero back down?

I like Kero.... would prefer to sit down TooToo/Desjardins or maybe swap Kero/Desjardins depending on matchups.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I wonder if this means they send Kero back down?

I like Kero.... would prefer to sit down TooToo/Desjardins or maybe swap Kero/Desjardins depending on matchups.

If Kero continues to play how he has, they won't be sending him down. That third line is producing offensively and the Blackhawks have been missing that throughout most of the season.

Tootoo/Des/Rasmussen will likely be the ones who take a seat. Also, if someone gets sent down I think Schmaltz is likely ahead of Kero for that, thought Schmaltz is looking better the second time around.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Rasmussen is reportedly sick and may not skate tonight, and Kruger is likely to take his place.

I don't believe the Hawks are required to send anyone down right, as the roster stands at 23 even with Kruger off of IR. They've been carrying a lighter roster at times to help with salary cap space.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hoping for Toews to continue his good game, and hoping that Keith and Hjammer will stop looking like goalposts on the PK and at least get into a shooting/passing lane, if not tie up the screen.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kero needs to keep producing to escape the pressure from Smaltz.

Hino-Hossa look to be his until they falter.

Desjardins-Kruger are locked, imo. The pecking order is Rasmussen/Smaltz for last spot. Tootoo for goon. Smaltz is on the hottest seat assuming he gets the start. Kero's the second hottest. Then Desjardins.

It could very well end up Desjardins trying to hold off Rasmussen and Motte as the season winds down. But right now I feel he is still as dear to Q as Rozi.

Smaltz has opportunity to push for 3C as well, giving Rasmussen a path against 3 players. Ras/Smaltz decision interesting.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hart Attack-Tazer-Panik (Cardiac Line)

Bread-AA drinks you-Butter

Bridgeport-Kero- Hossa

Smaltz-Freddy-DisHardOn/Ras/Tootoo

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Hoping for Toews to continue his good game, and hoping that Keith and Hjammer will stop looking like goalposts on the PK and at least get into a shooting/passing lane, if not tie up the screen.
Well if they tied up the screener I'd fear there was a mutany against Kitch and Q

That Kero line has gotten points but they are actually the lowest on corsi in pretty much every game they've been together

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well if they tied up the screener I'd fear there was a mutany against Kitch and Q

That Kero line has gotten points but they are actually the lowest on corsi in pretty much every game they've been together

I don't disagree, but standing there not near the shooting or passing lanes being useless doesn't help either. At least if they were in a passing lane, okay. But they both just looked like a couple of goalposts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Then I would like to see Kruger tried there and build a 4th line around Desjardins and some youth. Or trade for 3C. Or try Smaltz there again. Or McNeil even.

But only if it stalls. Corsi is only a sign. They have game winners.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Moose played. Tootoo, Kruger, and Rozi scratched. Let's fucking go!

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
The give n' take. Htpp

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Harlem Globetrotters by the Towes line....SWEET play.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Was gonna say before, being the last team in the east do expect Sutr and Boyle to be scoring.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And to think, if it wasn't for our top 2 D men we'd be up!