Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 23 to 44 of 62
  1. #23
    Retired Bandwagon Mod clonetrooper264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    21,194
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Year 3 Kevin Love with Lebron is 21/11 though so go figure.
    Bulls season be like
    Hidden Content

  2. A message from our sponsors.


    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.


  3. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clonetrooper264 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Year 3 Kevin Love with Lebron is 21/11 though so go figure.
    Love's stats with Cle include this half a season. There are other examples too of the exact same thing. They are just the two most easy to point too. Antoine Walker was a 20 PPG man. Went to Mia won a ring and dropped significantly. Even a casual observer of the NBA should have seen things like this.

    Kevin Martian. @0PPG guy in Sac and Hou. Went to OCK 14PPG. Went to Min 20PPG.

  4. #25
    Who are the brain police? Enasic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,990

    Default

    I'm not nearly as high on Cousins as a lot of other people are, but he would certainly help the Bulls. The main reasons I'm not overly high on him is because he's mentally unstable, isn't a true leader, and also not very liked by the refs. In the playoffs, when one call can make or break a series, I wouldn't bet on Cousins getting the benefit of the doubt. I could foresee a complete meltdown by Cousins thereafter as well. I think his talent is too big to deny, but he would need the perfect coach in place (not Fred), and the right cast of veterans. He still has to learn how to win in this league and what's required out of him from a leadership standpoint.

    Either way, the Bulls don't have nearly the pieces required to get him. Unless they trade Jimmy for him....which they won't.

  5. #26
    Retired Bandwagon Mod clonetrooper264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    21,194
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by czman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Love's stats with Cle include this half a season. There are other examples too of the exact same thing. They are just the two most easy to point too. Antoine Walker was a 20 PPG man. Went to Mia won a ring and dropped significantly. Even a casual observer of the NBA should have seen things like this.

    Kevin Martian. @0PPG guy in Sac and Hou. Went to OCK 14PPG. Went to Min 20PPG.
    Not really refuting anything, just noting Love's improvement from when he started. Your point definitely holds true.
    Bulls season be like
    Hidden Content

  6. #27
    Silicon Valley CA Bears H RacerX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    3,903
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Cousins is a dead end. Quality FAs anywhere near their prime have no reason to come to Chicago.

    Gar-Pax have no strategy, no tactics, and are just dopes working merely collecting as many paychecks as they can before the inevitable shit-canning.

    Trades are a waste of breath also, because these fools will not embrace a true rebuild and they will only trade one problem/deficiency for another.

    This team is absolutely fucked for the next couple years, and the several years after that when the new FO require years to reset the lineup.

    The unwillingness to deal Gasol or Taj last season, and subsequently bringing in old, broken pieces in RR and DW have cemented the fact that this team is at least 5 years away (at best) from fielding a playoff-competitive squad.

  7. #28
    False Prophet AussieBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    9,257
    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by czman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    vucevic is averaging 28 minuts a game and his minutes are not on the decline even though he is not starting. I don't think he has a ton of value, and Butler is worth more than what the Magic are giving up. I just don't know why the Magic would be making moves that give up picks. The Magic should be looking to fire sale themselves. They may think they are close and want to move picks, I just don't know why they would. That trade would put the Magic where the Bulls are now. Maybe the Magic think 500 ball is a good decision. I can see some teams doing it for ticket sales.

    Smart is stuck behind a better player, but why would the Celtics want to move pieces for a one shot deal like Wade. The Celtics would probably know they want to make moves that help them for 3 seasons or so. They have to know they probably won't win it this season, but a 3 season window helps them buy time to possibly find another player or allow for the Warriors or Cavs to take a step back (injuries/age). If I am the Celtics I would rather move those players for a long term contract. The Celtics won't have enough with tihis trade to offer a max deal and if they keep wade they will have no cap space at all.

    Lastly, lottery pick that is more than likely 9+ is not all that great.
    but jimmy is top 10 or near it... magic would want him... they have a history of getting players... plus they got other young pieces... butler > fournier... however fournier is still pretty valuable and can be used to acquire picks/players.. or just play him at sf full time.. they would have a decent young squad around jimmy..

    PG 22 Payton 12 ppg 6 assists
    SG 27 Butler 24 ppg
    SF 24 Fournier 17 ppg
    PF 21 Aaron Gordon 11 ppg 5 reb
    C 24 Biyombo 6 ppg 8 reb or Slide 27 Ibaka to C w 15 ppg 7 reb..

    plus its my trades.. so they always work out for the best for everyone..

  8. #29
    Beware of power trips Crystallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Next to the beef gristle mill
    Posts
    19,376
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clonetrooper264 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wade is living out why he didn't sign with us in 2010
    This is exactly right. His own medicine. Too bad it's hurting us in the process to make our point about being a loyal organization(in the modern era).

  9. #30
    Senior Member SilenceS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is exactly right. His own medicine. Too bad it's hurting us in the process to make our point about being a loyal organization(in the modern era).
    I didnt post it, but read an article on CBS saying Jimmy Butler really recruited him to come to Chicago. He said his future was based on Jimmy because he was the reason he came there.
    Hidden Content

    "Cubs have morphed into one of the worst teams in baseball. Not a chance in hell they would win a single playoff game. Forum members and ESPN reporters claiming this is one of the best teams in history are fucking morons." Egg Scrambles prediction

    The plan!

    Hidden Content

  10. #31
    Beware of power trips Crystallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Next to the beef gristle mill
    Posts
    19,376
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilenceS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didnt post it, but read an article on CBS saying Jimmy Butler really recruited him to come to Chicago. He said his future was based on Jimmy because he was the reason he came there.
    It doesn't matter because from Wade's POV, it's all double dipping on details anyways. He can claim anyone recruited him to whatever team. In the end, it's all his decision and he knows this business. He also is in a better situation in Chicago than he would have been in Miami THIS season. He knows all that. Losing Jimmy would make it a worse situation.

    The fact of the matter is, Wade should have also been recruiting, not just Jimmy. And whoever recruited Rondo should get merciless kicks to the grapes until they fall off the vine.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crystallas For This Useful Post:


  12. #32
    Senior Member SilenceS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,701

    Default

    Kings beat Cavs in the Cavs house. Cousins goes for 28, 10, and 9. Not a winner. He is like Anthony Davis and could never be a number 1 on a real team.

    Hidden Content

    "Cubs have morphed into one of the worst teams in baseball. Not a chance in hell they would win a single playoff game. Forum members and ESPN reporters claiming this is one of the best teams in history are fucking morons." Egg Scrambles prediction

    The plan!

    Hidden Content

  13. #33
    #MAHA Gustavus Adolphus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    18,794
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Remember when the Bulls won 4-0 over Miami in the regular season, but then lost 4-1 in the conference finals?

    Congrats Boogie.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Rush
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyway, I normally wouldn't allow a straight up thread just calling somebody a bitch, if it happens organically in a thread in a argument, we won't intervene. However, if it got Ole69 to post here.....I fully encourage this back & forth. Ole69 FTW.

  14. #34
    Senior Member SilenceS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavus Adolphus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Remember when the Bulls won 4-0 over Miami in the regular season, but then lost 4-1 in the conference finals?

    Congrats Boogie.
    No, what year was that? Did they have any top 10 players that couldnt help another team in the league?
    Hidden Content

    "Cubs have morphed into one of the worst teams in baseball. Not a chance in hell they would win a single playoff game. Forum members and ESPN reporters claiming this is one of the best teams in history are fucking morons." Egg Scrambles prediction

    The plan!

    Hidden Content

  15. #35
    Senior Member RoseMVP1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,112
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    In Cousins defense, he has always had shit around him and is on the worst run team in the league

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to RoseMVP1 For This Useful Post:


  17. #36
    Senior Member SilenceS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoseMVP1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In Cousins defense, he has always had shit around him and is on the worst run team in the league
    Winning makes a lot of peoples attitudes change.
    Hidden Content

    "Cubs have morphed into one of the worst teams in baseball. Not a chance in hell they would win a single playoff game. Forum members and ESPN reporters claiming this is one of the best teams in history are fucking morons." Egg Scrambles prediction

    The plan!

    Hidden Content

  18. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilenceS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kings beat Cavs in the Cavs house. Cousins goes for 28, 10, and 9. Not a winner. He is like Anthony Davis and could never be a number 1 on a real team.

    Because winning a regular season game is the same as winning a playoff series. Call me when Cousins is the best player on a team that wins a playoffs series.

    Do you ride the short bus to trump university? You are basketball retarded.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to czman For This Useful Post:


  20. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilenceS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, what year was that? Did they have any top 10 players that couldnt help another team in the league?
    James in his 3rd year took Eric Snow, Flip Murray, Larry Hughes, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, and Drew Gooden to the finals.

    The Kings last season were 16 games under 500 in Cousins 6th full season with Rudy Gay, Rajon Rondo, Darren Collison, Omri Casspi, and Marco Belinelli. That is not terrible supporting cast. There are players there who have proven they can be decent/significant pieces on deep playoff teams.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to czman For This Useful Post:


  22. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clonetrooper264 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not really refuting anything, just noting Love's improvement from when he started. Your point definitely holds true.
    Love is having a interesting year. He is taking more 3 pointers per minutes played then anytime in his career. He is also taking a lot of shots per minute. Cleveland only really is getting contributions from 3 guys. I have not been watching the team, but statistically, it looks like only Lebron, Irving, and Love are taking all of the shots. Those 3 are taking 52.8 shots a game and the team is taking 85.5. That only leaves 32 shots for the rest of the team.

    Those 3 are also only playing 105 minutes a game of the normal 240. So in the other 135 minutes the other players play they take 32 shots, or a shot ever ~4:15 of playing time. Obliviously the game time between shots depends on how many players outside the "big 3" are on the court. Still that just seems like the Problems that the Heat had in the begging when they were not able to win championships. Something seems wrong in Cle.

  23. #40
    Retired Bandwagon Mod clonetrooper264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    21,194
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by czman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Love is having a interesting year. He is taking more 3 pointers per minutes played then anytime in his career. He is also taking a lot of shots per minute. Cleveland only really is getting contributions from 3 guys. I have not been watching the team, but statistically, it looks like only Lebron, Irving, and Love are taking all of the shots. Those 3 are taking 52.8 shots a game and the team is taking 85.5. That only leaves 32 shots for the rest of the team.

    Those 3 are also only playing 105 minutes a game of the normal 240. So in the other 135 minutes the other players play they take 32 shots, or a shot ever ~4:15 of playing time. Obliviously the game time between shots depends on how many players outside the "big 3" are on the court. Still that just seems like the Problems that the Heat had in the begging when they were not able to win championships. Something seems wrong in Cle.
    Well according to Lebron, they lack a playmaker lol. I believe the remainder of their rotation consists of Tristan Thompson, Korver, Shumpert, Channing Frye, JR Smith when he's healthy again, and that's about it. It's not hard to imagine that group only taking 32 shots. Lebron is averaging nearly 40 minutes per game this year I think. Outside of the big 3 they don't have much going on.

    Though compared the Cavs teams the last couple years, I'm not sure what else has really changed other than Mozgov and Dellavedova. Not like those players would account for more offense on this team. So while Kevin Love's improvement may be in part to the Cavs relying on their big 3, I'd say he's doing better in that role regardless.
    Bulls season be like
    Hidden Content

  24. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clonetrooper264 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well according to Lebron, they lack a playmaker lol. I believe the remainder of their rotation consists of Tristan Thompson, Korver, Shumpert, Channing Frye, JR Smith when he's healthy again, and that's about it. It's not hard to imagine that group only taking 32 shots. Lebron is averaging nearly 40 minutes per game this year I think. Outside of the big 3 they don't have much going on.

    Though compared the Cavs teams the last couple years, I'm not sure what else has really changed other than Mozgov and Dellavedova. Not like those players would account for more offense on this team. So while Kevin Love's improvement may be in part to the Cavs relying on their big 3, I'd say he's doing better in that role regardless.
    I think more shots (especially 3s). He is basically making another 3 a game and that comes close to explaining the difference. I can't see anyone in the East beating them in the playoffs, not without the Raptors or Celtics making a huge move. I don't think the Cavs can beat the Spurs or the Warriors in a 7 game series--injuries can make a huge difference obviously.

    I think it is pretty obvious either way that Love is the 3rd best player on that team. He in no way should be considered a guy who can be the best player on championship team. It was not that long ago that some people thought of him as a top 3 or 5 player in the league. No I bet most people would have him outside the 10 and some outside the top 15.

  25. #42
    #MAHA Gustavus Adolphus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    18,794
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clonetrooper264 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well according to Lebron, they lack a playmaker lol. I believe the remainder of their rotation consists of Tristan Thompson, Korver, Shumpert, Channing Frye, JR Smith when he's healthy again, and that's about it. It's not hard to imagine that group only taking 32 shots. Lebron is averaging nearly 40 minutes per game this year I think. Outside of the big 3 they don't have much going on.

    Though compared the Cavs teams the last couple years, I'm not sure what else has really changed other than Mozgov and Dellavedova. Not like those players would account for more offense on this team. So while Kevin Love's improvement may be in part to the Cavs relying on their big 3, I'd say he's doing better in that role regardless.
    They desperately need a backup PG.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Rush
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyway, I normally wouldn't allow a straight up thread just calling somebody a bitch, if it happens organically in a thread in a argument, we won't intervene. However, if it got Ole69 to post here.....I fully encourage this back & forth. Ole69 FTW.

  26. #43
    Retired Bandwagon Mod clonetrooper264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    21,194
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavus Adolphus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They desperately need a backup PG.
    Well as Nate Robinson keeps telling them on every form of social media, he's available.

    They can have all of our PGs too. Why not?
    Bulls season be like
    Hidden Content

  27. #44
    #MAHA Gustavus Adolphus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    18,794
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clonetrooper264 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well as Nate Robinson keeps telling them on every form of social media, he's available.

    They can have all of our PGs too. Why not?
    MCW or Grant would play like all-stars if we moved them there. Go ahead and take Rondo, though I'm almost positive that is a nonstarter with Lebron.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Rush
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyway, I normally wouldn't allow a straight up thread just calling somebody a bitch, if it happens organically in a thread in a argument, we won't intervene. However, if it got Ole69 to post here.....I fully encourage this back & forth. Ole69 FTW.

  28. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.



    Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •