IGT: Jets @ Blackhawks 1/26 at 7:30 p.m.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
zam5e.gif

22-25-4, 48 points, 12th place in Western Conference

@

jonathan-toews-water-bottle-pop.gif

30-15-5, 65 points, 2nd place in Western Conference

Puckdrop - 7:38 p.m.
TV - CSN Chicago
Radio - WGN AM 720
Webstream - CSNChicago.com

With Minnesota and Chicago 11 points clear of the next team, it appears the top two divisional spots have been locked up before the All-Star Game. But what follows afters is a logjam of four teams, separated by six points. It starts with Nashville and ends with tonight's opponent in Winnipeg. The Jets are also just four points out of the final wild card spot, but three of the four teams ahead of them have 2 or 3 games in hand, so they'll need to start winning pretty soon if they hope to make a late push. As for the Hawks, the song will remain the same for the next 2.5 months: win a decent chunk of their non-Minnesota games to stay within range of the Wild. And when the Wild are the opponent, those are virtual must-wins if the team hopes to have home ice advantage in the postseason. But this team has never seemed to be too worried about having home ice. Shouldn't take long for us too figure out if the non All-Stars are already dreaming of time on the beach this weekend instead of picking up the two points tonight.

LET'S GO HAWKS!!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We better curb stomp these jokers after the last period the Hawks played, and the last game against these bitches.

Hawks 4-2

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Your line combos from the morning skate:

Hartman-Toews-Panik
Panarin-Anisimov-Kane
Schmaltz-Kruger-Hossa
Desjardins-Kero-Hinostroza

Darling in net.

No worries boys, I'll bring home a win tonight.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good news: Darling starts.

Bad news: the skaters aren't wearing shock collars.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Your line combos from the morning skate:

Hartman-Toews-Panik
Panarin-Anisimov-Kane
Schmaltz-Kruger-Hossa
Desjardins-Kero-Hinostroza

Darling in net.

No worries boys, I'll bring home a win tonight.

Q desperate to get Hossa and the third popping.

Smaltz passing Hinostroza is surprising and for me unfair and uncalled for. The Corsi was mentioned...and maybe Smaltz gets a first look there, but Hino-Hossa is a thing for me. From a spread the defense perspective this move makes sense. Hino improves the defense on 4 over Smaltz with Kruger/Hossa already overkill. Also...those are reliable players like playing on the top 6, which is where Smaltz' skill shines.

The best possible development I can imagine from this would be Kruger scoring because of the passes he is about to get tonight. lol. Just wait. Kruger gonna get spoon fed...lets hope he connects. Skating with team for 3 days I bet he is chomping at the bit.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Q desperate to get Hossa and the third popping.

Smaltz passing Hinostroza is surprising and for me unfair and uncalled for. The Corsi was mentioned...and maybe Smaltz gets a first look there, but Hino-Hossa is a thing for me. From a spread the defense perspective this move makes sense. Hino improves the defense on 4 over Smaltz with Kruger/Hossa already overkill. Also...those are reliable players like playing on the top 6, which is where Smaltz' skill shines.

The best possible development I can imagine from this would be Kruger scoring because of the passes he is about to get tonight. lol. Just wait. Kruger gonna get spoon fed...lets hope he connects. Skating with team for 3 days I bet he is chomping at the bit.

I think we all need to stop looking at different line combinations as players being demoted or promoted because, for the most part, I don't think that's what is happening when Q jumbles up the lines. He's typically just looking to spark something different than what he saw in the prior game. I also don't think there's much reason to make a big deal about any regular season line combos because I believe that Q spends much of the regular season just seeing what does/doesn't work with this team so he knows what he has for the playoffs.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think we all need to stop looking at different line combinations as players being demoted or promoted because, for the most part, I don't think that's what is happening when Q jumbles up the lines. He's typically just looking to spark something different than what he saw in the prior game. I also don't think there's much reason to make a big deal about any regular season line combos because I believe that Q spends much of the regular season just seeing what does/doesn't work with this team so he knows what he has for the playoffs.

Hahaha. Stop spending time in the blender? My mind is a blender bruh.

I suspect you are quite right, I'm more intrigued then upset by all the movement too, we get lots of looks and then like you say...

Come playoffs Q knows exactly what he has, how it functions, and what matchups he is looking for.

So come playoffs, it's mostly matchup and looking for spark adjustments anyway.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Hawks always have trouble against these fucks. As Rask said, give them and old fashioned curb stomping. And then a Cuban necktie.

And welcome back

ae28dd6be724ad95e3f7c9da3d3a5c63.jpg

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Welp, that's enough for me, I'm too sick to put up with this shit.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For fucks sake. Its like we took break 4 periods early.

Its been a while since we gave up 5 or 6 straight goals...(errrr I mean last week, cuz Caps.)

Its been a while since we lost a late lead though and got soundly beaten in a meaningul third period. I think thats what felt so weird against lightning.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Voodoo working out for Duncan

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
A tootoo game

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Feels like the Hawks have owned the puck in this game. Shot advantage of 23-12 so far.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Feels like the Hawks have owned the puck in this game. Shot advantage of 23-12 so far.

I'd say 75% of that differential came in the 5 minutes after they went down 2-0. Last 5 of the first were intense domination and multiple shots on goal per entry. Good to see they have that in them if they get mad enough.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Did I declare myself the driver of the Schmaltz bandwagon yet?