Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Make an agreement with Cleveland for Rondo, buy him out and take a pick swap for 2019 and a 2017 2nd. Call up Keith Benson, send Cannan down, call up McCallum for a 10 day contract to cover. Juggle D-League until you find someone clearly better than Cannan, and right now there are about 3-4 guards that make a good case for it.

Hire a dedicated shooting coach immediately. There are only a handful of good ones available at this point of the year, and don't hire some youtuber like Collin Castellaw because he has a lot of his own bad habits that translate to injury. Hire someone that has a pro-game knowledge of shot mechanics.

Groom Valentine as a combo. I've said it a million times, what does it hurt once more?

There ya go, now you might have a shot at the second round and could draw a decent FA in the offseason. Still, not a title contender, but if they're going to sit on their hands, may as well develop the players you have and let Wade die in peace before he walks or sticks the team for his ridiculous contract.
I agree with not hiring a youtuber as a shooting coach but I do like Colin's videos lol. All the shooting coaches on youtube seem to stick to the pro shot system though: turn, dip, and sweep and sway. Most decent NBA shooters do most of that already so not sure how much that would help this team anyway lol.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Something I found interesting is that the guys on TNT, as well as KG and Rasheed, agreed with Rondo's statements. The supposed trouble maker and locker room cancer is actually sticking up for the rest of the team. The locker room seems to be Jimmy/Wade vs everyone else. Sure Jimmy is having a career year so it's not like he's not putting in work, but something that KG and Rasheed said was that real leaders wouldn't call out their team like that, they would find ways to make them better.

At the end of the day though, Chuck said it best, only God can help this team now. They suck.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Two names for the next GM of the Bulls:

Matt Lloyd, which is the obvious name.

The other is Troy Weaver, who is an assistant GM for the Thunder. Heard a little about him yesterday on the radio. Supposedly, he's the guy who was responsible for recruiting Melo to Syracuse.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I agree with not hiring a youtuber as a shooting coach but I do like Colin's videos lol. All the shooting coaches on youtube seem to stick to the pro shot system though: turn, dip, and sweep and sway. Most decent NBA shooters do most of that already so not sure how much that would help this team anyway lol.

Here is my point on the pro-game development. It has to be someone that was IN the pros as a coach or player, otherwise they are just stud HS coaches on the outside looking in, like the rest of us. So they might talk the talk, but not being in the league could just make things worse and make players even more frustrated because you know they're going to challenge that pedigree.

Somehow Memphis snagged Thate from the Clippers before the season. And he was a middle-range shooting coach. If the Bulls keep blowing off this position, they're going to have scraps in the end and/or the rest of the league will have caught up.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Here is my point on the pro-game development. It has to be someone that was IN the pros as a coach or player, otherwise they are just stud HS coaches on the outside looking in, like the rest of us. So they might talk the talk, but not being in the league could just make things worse and make players even more frustrated because you know they're going to challenge that pedigree.
For this team, yes absolutely.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Some of these tweets coming out after shoot-a-around today. Gar spoke, but of course took no questions.

Fuck it all, the only player that deserves to be kept is Taj.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Some of these tweets coming out after shoot-a-around today. Gar spoke, but of course took no questions.

Fuck it all, the only player that deserves to be kept is Taj.
For the uninformed here's some highlights:

Rondo on if he was fined: "Absolutely"

Jimmy: "I like it. I'm sorry but I like controversy. At the end of the day, we're all we've got. I don't regret anything."

Wade: "As a leader, sometimes you can't be liked. I'm ok with that"

Wade: "We met today. Grown men talking to grown men, We had dialogue with the whole team...Winning cures all. I have no issues with Rondo."

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
KC Johnson gave a recap of sorts:
Wade talked for 14:29
Rondo talked for 11:10
Butler talked for 10:35
Hoiberg talked for 7:54

All four of them took questions. Forman talked for 1:29 and took no questions.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
KC Johnson gave a recap of sorts:
Wade talked for 14:29
Rondo talked for 11:10
Butler talked for 10:35
Hoiberg talked for 7:54

All four of them took questions. Forman talked for 1:29 and took no questions.
Hoiberg when asked if Forman's not answering questions showed a lack of accountability, "I won't comment on that"

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This team is not a mess, it is just misunderstood, and needs to play Zipser more.... alot more

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This team is not a mess, it is just misunderstood, and needs to play Zipser more.... alot more
Well Zipser, the 48th pick in this last draft is currently ahead of Michael Carter Williams in the rotation. MCW was the 11th pick in the 2013 draft. Doesn't that tell you all you need to know about the players on this team?

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Until this team bottoms out and has a couple of top-3 overall draft picks, along with a new FO, all we get is a shit-show.

All this talk of trades and prospective FAs is mildly interesting, but isn't getting us within a half-court of fielding a playoff challenger.

Wake me up in 5 years.

chicubs

Liked Posts:

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
At least this is entertaining. We haven't been able to say that watching the Bulls the past couple of years.

This is the first time I've had a glimmer of interest in the Bulls for several seasons.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
This is why Butler and Wade said what they did. The Heat are shitting on them with Willie Reed, Luke Babbitt and McGruder in the starting lineup.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Bulls will come out of nowhere and trade for Melo to push for the 8th seed.