Shit is about to get good.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Everyone's leaving out the main cog....a hugely antiquated owner that shows nothing but absolute, blind faith in the two worst GM's in the league...arguably, two of the worst in NBA history. When an owner continually allows these two to run his franchise into the ground....the blame shouldn't be on GarPax, it should be the person allowing them to stay employed.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm wondering if they want out. Or they want a new coach. There must be some reason they coordinated a leadership mutiny.

I feel bad for Rondo, he a bit crazy but I'm pretty sure he can feel something is wrong with everything compared to what Boston was. That was a bad ass comeback, he through a fucking right hook because they did.

Team swinging haymakers at each other now. All is not well.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rondo just lit them up. I never thought Butler handled things the right way. DWade became whiny when him and Bron Bron started to play together.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
From what I understand, they kept it in the locker room with Rondo, and that didn't work. Fred doesn't know how to handle his players.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
I don't care what Rondo thinks because he was a one year problem maker that they gambled on. didn't work out don't give him more attention than he deserves because he's already a Larry Hughes level memory.

It's a Reinsdorf problem now. Don't need a new coach this year with this roster, experienced or not, it's all about next year. Reinsdorf has to decide if he wants to keep Paxson as a VP but they need a new GM, probably a new coach and clean house as much as possible.

Now is the wrong time to change much of anything because you don't want the guy getting fired to start clearing the roster. The first job is to find out who you want to bring in as a GM. There's nobody I'd be willing to make coach and GM the two jobs have to be separate.

A lot of the roster has shown they were drafted or signed with potential and they didn't live up to it.

I'm for keeping, and not being in the locker room I could be wrong

Butler, no I don't want a dozen young players and picks for him
Lopez isn't going to become a superstar he's a solid center
Gibson, reliable
Valentine could still do something
Zipser who knows he comes cheap

If Wade values a smaller paycheck and chance for a ring more than $32 million then let him go.
Felicio looks like he's developing into a solid back up center, if you get rid of him then you'll have to find someone else of the same description

I wish they would just play McDermott 32 minutes and see what he can do otherwise why keep him looking for more potential
If Portis doesn't show enough in practice to rate playing time, he never will
There's a reason Michael carter Williams shuffles from team to team, he has the skill level and shows it in a game every now and then but his head just isn't in the game enough to make him worth keeping and several teams have learned this

canaan and Grant are journeymen and the waiver wire is full of them
Mirotic is like MCW without as many flashes of good games. He just didn't get better than his first half season.

So basically I hold over 5 guys, if they can trade anybody and get a 2nd round pick or some other team's failure maybe try that but there's no point to getting 5 draft picks and some scrubs and thinking it will be better. Forman has done a lousy job of drafting and identifying talent to bring in which is why they don't have much to deal with.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Starts in the front office.

Hired an inept coach.

Chose to try and contend with washed up stars rather than go through a rebuild process.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
They need a trump like figure to just take over make bulls great again cause the reinsdorf owned teams are a circus show

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rondo just lit them up. I never thought Butler handled things the right way. DWade became whiny when him and Bron Bron started to play together.

Yeah...Butler seems like maybe a narcisist. I don't know...who knows. Something though was off in the transition and share of power with Rose, and now this bullshit planned with Wade. I mean... Wades comments were almost further out of line. "I can look at Jimmy..."

They keep saying how much you should care...and then call it a job. I hate the job mentality...its a competitive activity that comes with checks. Every competitior should know since child hood how to compete. Sure, you make business decisions but how the fuck are you supposed to like your workplace with this bitch drama going on.

Rondo was cool with it when he was one of the "3 alphas" but now he is an awkward third wheel. But for me...the 3 alphas shit was disrespectful to your other teammates in the first place, let other people say that should. They should have diffused it and said 1-15 like Rondo did in the first place.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't care what Rondo thinks because he was a one year problem maker that they gambled on. didn't work out don't give him more attention than he deserves because he's already a Larry Hughes level memory.

It's a Reinsdorf problem now. Don't need a new coach this year with this roster, experienced or not, it's all about next year. Reinsdorf has to decide if he wants to keep Paxson as a VP but they need a new GM, probably a new coach and clean house as much as possible.

Now is the wrong time to change much of anything because you don't want the guy getting fired to start clearing the roster. The first job is to find out who you want to bring in as a GM. There's nobody I'd be willing to make coach and GM the two jobs have to be separate.

A lot of the roster has shown they were drafted or signed with potential and they didn't live up to it.

I'm for keeping, and not being in the locker room I could be wrong

Butler, no I don't want a dozen young players and picks for him
Lopez isn't going to become a superstar he's a solid center
Gibson, reliable
Valentine could still do something
Zipser who knows he comes cheap

If Wade values a smaller paycheck and chance for a ring more than $32 million then let him go.
Felicio looks like he's developing into a solid back up center, if you get rid of him then you'll have to find someone else of the same description

I wish they would just play McDermott 32 minutes and see what he can do otherwise why keep him looking for more potential
If Portis doesn't show enough in practice to rate playing time, he never will
There's a reason Michael carter Williams shuffles from team to team, he has the skill level and shows it in a game every now and then but his head just isn't in the game enough to make him worth keeping and several teams have learned this

canaan and Grant are journeymen and the waiver wire is full of them
Mirotic is like MCW without as many flashes of good games. He just didn't get better than his first half season.

So basically I hold over 5 guys, if they can trade anybody and get a 2nd round pick or some other team's failure maybe try that but there's no point to getting 5 draft picks and some scrubs and thinking it will be better. Forman has done a lousy job of drafting and identifying talent to bring in which is why they don't have much to deal with.

Butler
Wade
Gibson
Lopez
McDermott
Portis
Valentine
McW
Felicio
Portis

I don't find anything wrong with that core except that you don't have a youthful AND agile big. Portis and Felico sorta. They need a third all-star to compete with the top 5 teams. And Butler/Wade are redundant players that go one then the other. But you should really let them recruit the third before you decide to deal either one.

The trade we should explore is the Clippers when they are ready to give up. Center the deal around the big goon from Oklahoma for Butler, throw in Wade. Let Lebron go form the Hollywood squad next year...Wade Butler Paul Lebron vs Curry Thompson Durant Green

But seriously get a new coach. This team has been underperforming since the day Hoiball got here.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hope it gets even worse. Maybe then there will be some significant changes. By significant, I don't mean just getting a new coach. GarPax, the coaching staff, and pretty much all the players.

AussieBear

Butler
Wade
Gibson
Lopez
McDermott
Portis
Valentine
McW
Felicio
Portis

I don't find anything wrong with that core

maybe if this were 2007..

portis is a lame stretch 4 atm (still developing)...... but he is also your teams best 3 point shooter % wise... sad...

da big three are 3 penetrating guards.. with no snipers surrounding them in reality... just on paper... stained with prayer and hope..

team is flawed...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
maybe if this were 2007..

portis is a lame stretch 4 atm (still developing)...... but he is also your teams best 3 point shooter % wise... sad...

da big three are 3 penetrating guards.. with no snipers surrounding them in reality... just on paper stained with prayer and hope..

team is flawed...

I saw Mirotic jack one from 45 feet last year 3 seconds into the shot clock and Hoiberg didn't even talk to him. lol

The guy is not a good coach. He is pathetic.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Make an agreement with Cleveland for Rondo, buy him out and take a pick swap for 2019 and a 2017 2nd. Call up Keith Benson, send Cannan down, call up McCallum for a 10 day contract to cover. Juggle D-League until you find someone clearly better than Cannan, and right now there are about 3-4 guards that make a good case for it.

Hire a dedicated shooting coach immediately. There are only a handful of good ones available at this point of the year, and don't hire some youtuber like Collin Castellaw because he has a lot of his own bad habits that translate to injury. Hire someone that has a pro-game knowledge of shot mechanics.

Groom Valentine as a combo. I've said it a million times, what does it hurt once more?

There ya go, now you might have a shot at the second round and could draw a decent FA in the offseason. Still, not a title contender, but if they're going to sit on their hands, may as well develop the players you have and let Wade die in peace before he walks or sticks the team for his ridiculous contract.

AussieBear

I saw Mirotic jack one from 45 feet last year 3 seconds into the shot clock and Hoiberg didn't even talk to him. lol

The guy is not a good coach. He is pathetic.

is what it is.. firing thibs was a mistake.. he wasnt a perfect coach.. but you knew the bulls would compete and effort would be there.. lovie smith of basketball?

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube_share;qmeLLM1BgfQ]https://youtu.be/qmeLLM1BgfQ[/video]

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Drafting Jimmy Butler has been the best move made by this front office since the beginning. I don't think they could have seen him developing like he has though.

Other than that, their success has been attached to the gift of the draft lottery that was D Rose. Without that, I am confident that the Bulls wouldn't have sniffed a 2nd round exit let alone the playoffs over the last decade.