Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    '15 & '16 Poster of year FirstTimer's Avatar
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd do it for the Celtics package.

The other two..Nah.

2. A message from our sponsors.

Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Gustavus Adolphus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Crys was right in the first reply, there really is no reason to think about trades or the draft until you know what is your FO situation. I'd like to think that Gar is gone, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him again.
    I can definitely understand that and didn't think about it in that way. That being said, I think the Bulls if they are going to trade Jimmy it needs ot be this off-season to ensure we get an adequate return and also because you have fringe teams like the Celtics and Sixers who have extremely valuable draft selections they maybe more willing to part with as they search for star players to help them contend.

What I'd want would be s a pair of starters, not role players, not bangers, not great defenders who can work on their shot, but shooters who could get their own shot. Combined I'm looking at 28 points a game between them, 12-16, 13-15, 14-14. Add to that a pair of lottery picks that come in non consecutive years. I don't want two in one year, that's too many rookies for too few minutes. Even in consecutive years you're adding another important young player before you've seen if the first can develop and while you're still sorting through veterans who may or may not step up.

Senior Member dreadpirateroberts's Avatar
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What about this proposal?

Boston Celtics receive:

Jimmy Butler

The Chicago Bulls receive:

Jae Crowder
    Marcus Smart
    Amir Johnson (for salary purposes)
    Brooklyn's 2017 first round pick
    Brookyln's 2018 first round pick
    "I am a pirate of near-mythical reputation, I am feared across the seven seas for my ruthlessness and sword-fighting prowess, and I am well known for taking no prisoners."

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by dreadpirateroberts View Post

Boston Celtics receive:

Jimmy Butler

Jae Crowder
    Marcus Smart
    So, you think Jimmy Butler is worth those 3 players the number 1 pick in the draft and probably a top 5 pick the next year. No, that would be suicide for Boston. Butler doesnt put Boston over the top. 2017 draft is stacked. Boston is in great shape to make a run in the coming years. Going all in now makes no sense with how high these Brooklyn picks are the next two years.
    Hidden Content

"Cubs have morphed into one of the worst teams in baseball. Not a chance in hell they would win a single playoff game. Forum members and ESPN reporters claiming this is one of the best teams in history are fucking morons." Egg Scrambles prediction

The plan!

Hidden Content

Not customer service Crystallas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dreadpirateroberts View Post

Boston Celtics receive:

Jimmy Butler

Jae Crowder
    Marcus Smart

Never going to happen.

If that gets offered, then sorry Jimmy, much love, but I'm going to take it. That's the Bulls instant rebuild in one offseason IMO. No way Wade stays, no way Rondo stays, so you can attempt to trade them as rentals for even more assets, tank the season, and bam, you have two lottery picks and cap flexibility to bring a few vets in.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

IMO, a combination of...

Amir Johnson or Tyler Zeller (one of them, for Salary Cap purposes)
    Jalen Brown or Marcus Smart (one of them, high end young talent)
    Brooklyn 1st round pick in 2017 or 2018 (one blue chip, basically guaranteed Top 5 pick)

... would probably be highest bid the Celtics offer to acquire Jimmy Butler.

So let's say a combination of Brooklyn 2017 Top 5 pick (ideal for Bulls to acquire young PG talent), SG/SF Jalen Brown (basically a "new Jimmy" to be developed) and a Cap fill in (C Zeller).
    Would you say yes or no to that offer.

Retired Bandwagon Mod clonetrooper264's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    IMO, a combination of...

Brooklyn 1st round pick in 2017 or 2018 (one blue chip, basically guaranteed Top 5 pick)

So let's say a combination of Brooklyn 2017 Top 5 pick (ideal for Bulls to acquire young PG talent), SG/SF Jalen Brown (basically a "new Jimmy" to be developed) and a Cap fill in (C Zeller).
    Absolutely because of that 2017 pick. But I think Boston keeps that one.
    Bulls season be like
    Hidden Content

Who are the brain police? Enasic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    IMO, a combination of...

I would but the Bulls probably wouldn't. Does Jalen Brown ever develop into an all-star? Does the #5 selection ever become top a top 15 player in the league? Does Garpax fuck up the pick? The Bulls aren't going to accept any deal without both Nets picks and Ainge isn't going to include them both. I don't see a deal getting done.

If we are doing pipe dreams...great I'm in. "I'll take Blake Griffin plus your best young guy, and Michael Jordan next year...then Kareem but only if its not consecutive to getting Michael...I want a year in between that, and then we can get Kobe with our own pick."

Ok.
    1a. OLB Myles Garrett 1b. FS Malik Hooker 2a. WR Corey Davis 2b. Corner or OT 3a. QB Webb. Kaaya. Russell. Mahomme. somebody will be here at great value. 4a.CB Awuzie Colorado 4b.TE Sprinkles Alabama 4c.RT
    5a.CB Tony Brown Alabama 6' 4.4 speed. Troubled. 5b.Jake Butt TE Michigan. injured

Boston should be selling off the parts of their own ill thunk team to dip several times into this next draft.
    1a. OLB Myles Garrett 1b. FS Malik Hooker 2a. WR Corey Davis 2b. Corner or OT 3a. QB Webb. Kaaya. Russell. Mahomme. somebody will be here at great value. 4a.CB Awuzie Colorado 4b.TE Sprinkles Alabama 4c.RT
    5a.CB Tony Brown Alabama 6' 4.4 speed. Troubled. 5b.Jake Butt TE Michigan. injured

Quote Originally Posted by Probie2429 View Post
    I'd trade Jimmy just for about anything at this point. He is turning into a cancer. The objective is not really to get a good return for Jimmy but to get young players/picks. The real rebuild happens by sucking for the next 3 seasons or so to get consistent lottery picks in the top 5.

Wade could be traded but it would just be for expiring contracts that make salaries match up
    Jerry's goal is to get the 8th seed to lose in the 1st round. That's all that matters to him.
    The cancer of the team is definitely the front office.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RoseMVP1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RoseMVP1 View Post
    The cancer of the team is definitely the front office.
    That is right. The idiocy of the front office tries to make Jimmy look like an asshole just like they tried to make Thibs the ass-hole. Smart people know better. The Bulls have two would-be tough guys in top management. Thibs and Jimmy are legit tough guys. The other two are weak-assed bullies.
    Remember. We have to pass the bill before we know what is in the bill --- Dingbat Nancy PelosiHidden Content

Senior Member dreadpirateroberts's Avatar

It'll be interesting to see if anything with Minnesota pops up again, especially after LaVine tore his ACL. Now, there is no way LaVine and Dunn will get a deal done. You gotta include their 2017 1st round pick and probably more.
    "I am a pirate of near-mythical reputation, I am feared across the seven seas for my ruthlessness and sword-fighting prowess, and I am well known for taking no prisoners."

Hidden Content

Not sure how reliable this is, but rumors are always interesting. https://goo.gl/wTsBIm

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

When Reinny dies, who will own the Bulls and White Sox? At this point in both franchises, I think that we need to hope that after he dies, something like what happened with the Black Hawks occurs. The problem with both franchises is Reinny and you can't fire the owner
    Remember. We have to pass the bill before we know what is in the bill --- Dingbat Nancy PelosiHidden Content

Not customer service Crystallas's Avatar

Michael will own Jerry's shares. He doesn't own 100% of either, his investment firm owns the majority of both along with a few other investors. There was also a time where Jordan was going to get some shares of the Bulls in Jerry's LWAT. This was before the Wizards investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptastic View Post
    Not sure how reliable this is, but rumors are always interesting. https://goo.gl/wTsBIm

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Anything on that site is fake. They just make up stuff to get people to click on their site

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RoseMVP1 For This Useful Post:

The Bulls will probably be in the hands of Michael Reinsdorf. The Sox are another story all together, as he wants his executors to sell his shares upon his death. Whether they do or not, is another question.

23. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12