All-star Game Thread

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Crow just let in a softy. Must be hitting the sauce hard. The second goal in 42 seconds was as bad for me as the one Corey Price opened up for the 6 year old. He looks like he is in slow motion...he might be on sizzerp right meow. Actually, probably stoned as fuck or something.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Toews scores. 3 vs 3 champ.

And I just want to say what a shit show it is that Keith isn't at these things anymore. If Keith isn't there, your format sucks.

I propose they play 5 minutes periods, and add a wild card team of snubs chosen by last years coach of the year.

Play a group format of 5 teams. so 4 games each team and a final of the top 2 of round robin play.

(Crow lets McJesus double school him)

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Crow offers no resistance to Burns.

Something looks wrong with him.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kings Crowd chanting "Crawford, Crawford".

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whatever the Centrals plan was it sucks. I'm going to watch soccer.

One period of the first game was enough for me. Puke.

Theres Keith.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wait... people watched that thing?

Nice to see one person overanalyze the ASG.
I usually do all of my scouting reporting after Simmonds received the Honda.
Keeps things on an intelligent curve.

Guess the Hawks better trade that worthless netminder for some more scoring?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I saw them announce the top 100 players of all time? The Hawks had 3 of them? Or did I completely mishear that? Not a hockey fan, so I was kinda confused about the announcement.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I saw them announce the top 100 players of all time? The Hawks had 3 of them? Or did I completely mishear that? Not a hockey fan, so I was kinda confused about the announcement.

Out of the top 100, three are on the active Blackhawks roster.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah...

Toews and Keith have top 25 all time hockey resumes....I mean the real hardware. MVP's, Championships, Captains, leaders, gold medals.

Kane is a top 5 American player of all time and considered by all hockey people as one of the top 10 most skilled players to ever hold a stick. Bobbles. Wow factor. Championships so young. They have already made enough deep playoff runs to qualify for top 100 before 30 years old.

Insane.

But how come Hossa got snubbed?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Hot take: Toews doesn't belong on that list. Kane is debate-able. Keith is a yes.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Toews has the potential best "hockey" resume but it's an NHL list

At least for continuity of what they were using as criteria, other not really the best but leader glue big figures of dynastys were in there like Toews.

And Hoss isn't a snub, he's a hofer but not too 100 talent. He's truly never been the top forward on his team at any point in his career while Toews was until 2014 and Kane has been the last 3 years. And Keith been beyond that

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah...

Toews and Keith have top 25 all time hockey resumes....I mean the real hardware. MVP's, Championships, Captains, leaders, gold medals.

Kane is a top 5 American player of all time and considered by all hockey people as one of the top 10 most skilled players to ever hold a stick. Bobbles. Wow factor. Championships so young. They have already made enough deep playoff runs to qualify for top 100 before 30 years old.

Insane.

But how come Hossa got snubbed?

Zactly. I'm still on strike over this.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Keith may go down as one of the best Dmen in NHL history.
Kane deserves to be on that list. He has the hardware to qualify.
Toews is debatable. If he's not top 100, he's surely just outside that list when it's done. His average PS (point shares) is about a 7.7, which is very good (the equivalent of what WAR is to baseball), but this year he is a 2.9 so far, which may end up being a 4.5, which would be a career worst by nearly 3 full points.
To put this in perspective, Kane is averaging a PS of 8.8, and he was a 15 last year when he won the Hart, which is quite remarkable.

To even put this in greater perspective, Gretzky had seasons in the high 19s in his prime. His PS numbers are just mind blowing.
It would be interesting to look at the top 100 and use this metric to see how each player stacks up against one another.
Keith's highest was 12.3, which is very good, considering he's a D man.
Bobby Orr, who many consider to be the best D man of all time had seasons in the 20s, which means that he worth was greater, but the Oilers teams in the 80s were also stacked around Wayne, but that takes nothing away from his individual talent.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.hockey-reference.com/leaders/ps_career.html

The above link is to the PS career total, and Hossa ranks decent on the list, but averages about an 8, which isn't shabby.
Granted, one has to take into account the different eras of hockey, which can skew these numbers a tad.

I'd like to see the NHL top 100 compared to the career list and see how things line up. It may be more fair to look at seasonal averages, due to some players still active.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Keith may go down as one of the best Dmen in NHL history.
Kane deserves to be on that list. He has the hardware to qualify.
Toews is debatable. If he's not top 100, he's surely just outside that list when it's done. His average PS (point shares) is about a 7.7, which is very good (the equivalent of what WAR is to baseball), but this year he is a 2.9 so far, which may end up being a 4.5, which would be a career worst by nearly 3 full points.
To put this in perspective, Kane is averaging a PS of 8.8, and he was a 15 last year when he won the Hart, which is quite remarkable.

To even put this in greater perspective, Gretzky had seasons in the high 19s in his prime. His PS numbers are just mind blowing.
It would be interesting to look at the top 100 and use this metric to see how each player stacks up against one another.
Keith's highest was 12.3, which is very good, considering he's a D man.
Bobby Orr, who many consider to be the best D man of all time had seasons in the 20s, which means that he worth was greater, but the Oilers teams in the 80s were also stacked around Wayne, but that takes nothing away from his individual talent.

At his peak, I think Keith is the best player from this current era of Hawks hockey. If you were rating these players for a video game, I'd have Keith higher than anyone else.

My arguments for Kane to be on the Top 100 revolve around him being one of the best offensive players of his generation. I think you can count on one hand the number of guys in the league who make opposing D as fearful as Kane does when the puck is on his stick. But the argument against him, IMO, is that he's only had one season where he was really dominant, and that was the prior one. Not that he's been a slouch in the other ones, but he was on a different level in 2015-16. And I think he's got a few more seasons like that in his belt. Keep in mind that he's just 28 years old (Keith is 33). I think Kane will be a lock for this list in a few years.

For Toews, I think he's just been very, very good at a ton of things but I don't know if there's a particular skill that I'd put him among the league's best at doing, and that's something you'd probably have to be for a Top 100 of all-time list. Like Kane, I think he'll end up on that list as well, provided that he doesn't have too many season-long slumps like his current one.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah...Keith has a few votes from Anaheim, and Kane gets some from Philly.

Toews is that glue guy anomaly. That alone leads to interesting arguments. However...when you take into account the skating speed pressure he can snap on you in an instant, the penalty kill, the unselfish play, the faceoffs, the 3 vs 3 or any special situation, the defense....

Toews deserves what he gets too. The other two are just all time freaks.