Division and Drama Theory

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Next level theory about Wade/Lebron and maybe it comes from Pat Riley.

I was too young in the Pat Riley days...did the Lakers have drama like this at points in the season? This could be some sort of creating accountability next level theory born of championship experience....that championship teams share a hallmark trait of crisis along the route of the long season.

Did Pat Riley notice this and then start fabricating it? Lebron seems to have taken this theory to the Cavs afterall. We saw it in Miami. A mid season "crisis" every year where the team gets saber rattled by the media, the coaches, their own players, then comes together tighter then ever as they realize they themselves are the only people that can dig out of the heat.

I say this because did I actually see effort against the Sixers? Our shooting percentage went up 20% overnight?

Accountability. Everyone aired it out. Everyone spoke, called out their brothers, forgave each other and united, and in that process...every shot they took yesterday was an act of accountability, of backing up your own words, of representing your view, of doing your part and focusing on the moment.

The effort I saw against the Sixers (the finally reborn Sixers its finally not a shame to lose to again mind you). Team doesn't matter. It was the effort. The working together to get open shots. The energy from every point on the team...even Mirotic. And Rondo. Everyone chipped in. It was noticable as much because we have lacked effort all season, at least all at once.

Seeing the team pull all at once made me go hmmmmmmmm.

So what say you? Is this sabre rattling an intentional next level mind game voodoo born of Pat Riley?

I'd say the Shaq/Wade Heat had it, even if they had to drum it up with Kobe to motivate Shaq.
The Riley Knicks certainly had it.
I suspect the Worthy/Magic Lakers had it because of Hollywood.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
What did the Riley Knicks win again?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What did the Riley Knicks win again?

They were a Championship caliber goon squad, in the Pistons/Bulls/Rockets/Spurs era of domination that ate up more than a decade of trophy's. 88-?

I think they were champions of edge and unity, as a result of internal drama and thats why I think its pertinent to the topic.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
They were a Championship caliber goon squad, in the Pistons/Bulls/Rockets/Spurs era of domination that ate up more than a decade of trophy's. 88-?

I think they were champions of edge and unity, as a result of internal drama and thats why I think its pertinent to the topic.
So what did they win again?

You should probably stop trying to find inner meanings to things. Basketball is an amazingly simple sport. The reason the Bulls looked good against the Sixers is that the Sixers are worse than the Bulls. The reason the shooting percentage went up is because the ball went into the basket more.

Stop trying to be some tortured intellectual. You're just a pothead who pushes women. You're nothing special, nor do you have any kind of special insight.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You should probably stop trying to find inner meanings to things. Basketball is an amazingly simple sport. The reason the Bulls looked good against the Sixers is that the Sixers are worse than the Bulls. The reason the shooting percentage went up is because the ball went into the basket more.

Stop trying to be some tortured intellectual. You're just a pothead who pushes women. You're nothing special, nor do you have any kind of special insight.

lol. Ok bruh. :clap:

Things look simple when you are simple.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sure all the tension will rally this team into the 41 win team it was meant to be

If I was 35 year old D Wade, what round of the playoffs would I want to take on Lebron? If I were so competitive I would do anything to give myself an edge. I would rest all season, take days off. And meet him in the first fucking round. 8 vs 1. Pressure on him. When I am freshest. And my team is knit. And playing their best of the season down the stretch.

Its always possible this Bulls team is in the best place they could possibly be right now. Right where they want to be.

Look at our balance and depth. We can give some issues and match-ups to anyone in the NBA in a 7 game series.

Brooke Lopez in a 7 game series becomes a competitive force you have to be able to match. He is supported by the athletic Felicio. Gibson is playing like he is in a contract year, in an era of massive contracts...really trying to get that deal from SOMEONE, ANYONE. So, I see him as the starter at PF for the first time in his career.

He is supported by Portis and an inconsistent but possibly situationally useful and newly energized Mirotic.

SF should be shared by Butler, McDermott, and Zipser.

SG by Wade and Butler. Whenever Wade is resting, McDermott should be playing. Or Zipser for defense.
And PG by MCW and Rondo, sprinkle Valentine/Grant if you need minutes or a scoring spark.

Its rea

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If I was 35 year old D Wade, what round of the playoffs would I want to take on Lebron? If I were so competitive I would do anything to give myself an edge. I would rest all season, take days off. And meet him in the first fucking round. 8 vs 1. Pressure on him. When I am freshest. And my team is knit. And playing their best of the season down the stretch.

Its always possible this Bulls team is in the best place they could possibly be right now. Right where they want to be.

Look at our balance and depth. We can give some issues and match-ups to anyone in the NBA in a 7 game series.

Brooke Lopez in a 7 game series becomes a competitive force you have to be able to match. He is supported by the athletic Felicio. Gibson is playing like he is in a contract year, in an era of massive contracts...really trying to get that deal from SOMEONE, ANYONE. So, I see him as the starter at PF for the first time in his career.

He is supported by Portis and an inconsistent but possibly situationally useful and newly energized Mirotic.

SF should be shared by Butler, McDermott, and Zipser.

SG by Wade and Butler. Whenever Wade is resting, McDermott should be playing. Or Zipser for defense.
And PG by MCW and Rondo, sprinkle Valentine/Grant if you need minutes or a scoring spark.

Its rea
Sorry, I read the part in bold first and stopped reading everything else

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm for Mirotic getting the minutes at stretch 5, and Zipser for power 3, with Portis learning one position by being Gibsons primary backup.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

So you aren't feeling more than coincidence Lebron is also stirring the pot right now, or that Miami has the longest winning streak in NBA after Riley started trade rumors about everybody they have?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So you aren't feeling more than coincidence Lebron is also stirring the pot right now, or that Miami has the longest winning streak in NBA after Riley started trade rumors about everybody they have?
I'm definitely not