IGT: Blackhawks @ Sharks 1/31 at 9:30 p.m.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
tumblr_oiwlcteNqE1vv6yt9o1_500.gif

30-16-5, 65 points, 2nd place in Western Conference

@

sharks570.gif

31-17-2, 64 points, 3rd place in Western Conference

Puckdrop - 9:38 p.m.
TV - CSN Chicago
Radio - WGN AM 720
Webstream - CSNChicago.com

It's the back half of the schedule now, and there's really only one storyline to follow regarding the Hawks for the next two months: can they catch the Minnesota Wild? The Hawks currently sit 4 points back and have 3 games in hand, so traversing this road won't be easy. They do have three more matchups with the Wild, although two are up north where it's even more difficult to beat them. The Hawks will have to be sure to take care of things away from those matchups, and that starts with tonight's start of a west coast swing in California. You know the names of the Sharks by now, and they've climbed to the top of a Pacific Division that will scare roughly nobody in the playoffs. But there's still plenty there to give the Hawks a headache if they're still dreaming of the beaches they were at on the All-Star Break.

LET'S GO HAWKS!!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Blackhawks recalled Gustav Forsling over the weekend.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
They need to update those sharks animations to the modern era.... by which I mean simply add beards to the sharks

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Damn those Sharts and their late start times.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Underperforming defense 4- completely absent offense 2. Hope the Break fixed them.

Liked Posts:
I seriously f*****g hate this team when we give up a goal with >3 minutes to go in the game. Idk about other people but Crawford is a liability in net. Out of position constantly. The goal that Q challenged he had absolutely NO IDEA where the puck was. Just worthless.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I seriously f*****g hate this team when we give up a goal with >3 minutes to go in the game. Idk about other people but Crawford is a liability in net. Out of position constantly. The goal that Q challenged he had absolutely NO IDEA where the puck was. Just worthless.

giphy.gif

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hoss didn't look too good tonight. The whole game.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Panarin since his hit sitcom has been living it up movie star style and slackin

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Someone tell this team to stop losing so much

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's becoming more and more obvious that they are a playoff team but not a Stanley Cup team.

The question now is the trade deadline. Do you get older by being a buyer and trade off picks and players for a "back end of his career" forward or do you look to the future and become a seller?

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
It's becoming more and more obvious that they are a playoff team but not a Stanley Cup team.

The question now is the trade deadline. Do you get older by being a buyer and trade off picks and players for a "back end of his career" forward or do you look to the future and become a seller?

I agree that they look more like a playoff team than a Stanley Cup team, but they are still good enough to get things done once the playoffs roll around. No team that is a playoff team should really become a seller at the deadline as the Blackhawks don't really have anything that makes sense to sell at the deadline. I imagine that if there is some retooling of the vets, that it will come in the offseason when the cap once again rears its ugly head and makes the Blackhawks make some moves.

Blackhawks will likely be buyers or they will stay put. I wouldn't listen one second to Bowman saying that they have nothing in the works and that they don't plan on doing anything because they are hoping for the rookies to keep improving. Personally, I believe they have too many rookies in the lineup right now and that it will cost them once playoffs come, but they can easily fix that by adding an expired contract vet or even a vet that has a year or two remaining.

Unfortunately, we saw it again in last night's game. The core/vets haven't been good enough to help this team win night in and night out and the rookies/depth haven't been good enough to help offset it when the core/vets aren't scoring. The only thing that is really working is the goaltending right now, even if they have had some tough ones lately.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
So this is going to be the usual February slump, eh?