30-17-5, 65 points, t-3rd place in Western Conference

@

868025698.0.gif

16-27-6, 38 points, 13th place in Western Conference

Puckdrop - 8:08 p.m.
TV - CSNChicago
Radio - WGN AM 720
Webstream - CSNChicago.com

The Hawks have slipped a little in the conference standings, with Tuesday's loss to San Jose helping the Sharks leap ahead. But the divisional standings remind in a similar place, as the Wild finally lost a game: getting pantsed 5-1 in Calgary. The Coyotes have been out of the playoff picture since Thanksgiving and, outside of OEL, there's really not much to like about this team. Martin Hanzal, Radim Vrbata, and Shane Doan may entice some teams in need of a veteran forward for the postseason push. Mike Smith is probably due to break his stick on a goalpost again. Anything other than two points tonight is unacceptable.

LET'S GO HAWKS!

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe the Hawks can actually in a game tonight. Maybe...

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Coyotes have been playing their best hockey as of late and may get a boost from Domi who is a GTD. With that being said, good teams should still be able to beat the Coyotes, even when they are at their best. A game that the Blackhawks could certainly use right here to get back on track.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Line combos at the morning skate:

Schmaltz-Toews-Panik
Panarin-Anisimov-Kane
Rasmussen-Kruger-Hinostroza (for Hossa)
Desjardins-Kero-Hartman

Don't worry Tater, Hossa was just getting the morning off. Should be good to go tonight.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Wonder if the Yotes will call back Duclair soon. He's on an island currently with everyone else of skill not on their ahl team. Now that Domi isn't struggling anymore maybe their combo magic of last year can work...

Or trade him to the hawks. Both sound good.

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
There are a silly number of Hawks fans in the building

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
This is varsity against a JV team so far

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
It seems everytime there's a, oh the Hawks played dominant that 1st period... it turns back into a close game

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
could be a case of mistaken identity.

We know what has worked in the past, but not what has worked for THIS TEAM.

Too many times we sit on leads and try to play a stagnation style, when this team excels when it is attacking relentlessly, desperate for a goal. We haven't sat on leads as well as the past, and need to stay forward.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
could be a case of mistaken identity.

We know what has worked in the past, but not what has worked for THIS TEAM.

Too many times we sit on leads and try to play a stagnation style, when this team excels when it is attacking relentlessly, desperate for a goal. We haven't sat on leads as well as the past, and need to stay forward.
They literally were continuing this season a multi season long success based on the system people constantly complain is easing off... it's always been the thing that they do and always bitches at by people and always has never been a real reason for losses. People said that throughout the 15 & 13 wins too

2 games back to back that failed for the first time in over 2 regular seasons.

They're not the Dallas Stars and never have been of just running up goals and also having few 1 goal games because they don't get allowed by Q to risk empty net or will be icing shots. And that has not been a failure scenario yet.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They literally were continuing this season a multi season long success based on the system people constantly complain is easing off... it's always been the thing that they do and always bitches at by people and always has never been a real reason for losses. People said that throughout the 15 & 13 wins too

2 games back to back that failed for the first time in over 2 regular seasons.

They're not the Dallas Stars and never have been of just running up goals and also having few 1 goal games because they don't get allowed by Q to risk empty net or will be icing shots. And that has not been a failure scenario yet.

Remember when BearsBud came in here spouting off about how the Hawks played "not to lose" too much and if not for a lucky bounce in game 7 against the Kings he would have been perma self-banned from the Hawks forum.

I love when non-hockey fans watch the playoffs and suddenly are experts on how teams should be playing hockey.

But I digress, the Rask knows all, don't disrespect da Rask.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
It was nice to see the Hawks go all Harlem Globetrotters on a team again in the first period, like they did last night. But I think just about any team is going to have a 2nd/3rd period letdown after a 1st so dominant. Especially team with as much success like this.

I don't know if complacency is the right word here, but I doubt this Hawks team is going to muster the same type of effort for 3 periods of a regular season game. It's not ideal, of course, but I also think it's reality. The regular season is just not that important to this team. They might get up for a game or two in March that have the proverbial "playoff atmosphere," but that's about it. I don't have a problem giving them the benefit of the doubt because of the whole 3 Cups thing. It does buy a team a lot of excuses in the regular season.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was nice to see the Hawks go all Harlem Globetrotters on a team again in the first period, like they did last night. But I think just about any team is going to have a 2nd/3rd period letdown after a 1st so dominant. Especially team with as much success like this.

I don't know if complacency is the right word here, but I doubt this Hawks team is going to muster the same type of effort for 3 periods of a regular season game. It's not ideal, of course, but I also think it's reality. The regular season is just not that important to this team. They might get up for a game or two in March that have the proverbial "playoff atmosphere," but that's about it. I don't have a problem giving them the benefit of the doubt because of the whole 3 Cups thing. It does buy a team a lot of excuses in the regular season.

Great post. And as for the bold, ain't that the truth. I find myself having to keep my frustration in check quite often, and try to think of past slumps in Cup winning years.