Bulls interested in acquiring hometown talent Jahlil Okafor from 76ers

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Let's say this trade happens, what does this say about what type of direction this team is trying to go in?

Is it simply just seen as an opportunity to pick up a talented young player with upside for what seems like a relatively cheap deal? Does it cater to a rebuilding or contending effort?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had him as the #1 player in that draft. I valued the two bigs far above anyone else, as I felt there were two players worthy of the #1 in most years. I thought the Lakers were completely out of their minds, but something must have scared them off Okafor. I couldn't believe it was character coming from Duke, Coach K but it was.

Towns on the other hand...the thing with him was the character. The theory was that his offense might progress faster than Okafor's defense, and he would surpass him at some point...he just happened to do it in the 4 month off-season and won't be caught because it appears Okafor is not interested in fixing the defense.

I don't know why he acts like such a tough punk on 6 footers if he is a soft little bitch inside against guys smaller them him, but whatever.
He has been incredibly disappointing as a human being, and somehow surpassed that as a basketball player which given he had about the most developed and unstoppable array of offensive post moves I have seen come out of college in forever to go with the hardware of a championship on a one and done (super rare)....

We gotta have this guy. Fucking sign Rose too. Bring him home to the point, at his market value. A little time in the big city and he may want to come cry home to momma like he ran home for a weekend, and sign with us for a little below market value. Replacing Rondo. All things being equal...the smart money thing would be to opt out of Rondo and offer that money to Rose. Rose is better than Rondo, who managed a -20 today in limited time.

Rose-Wade-Butler-Okafor-Lopez

The price being Snell, a second, and Cannan is unbelievable. I actually do think the Sixers get better from it, and will have a nasty defense if they can only score. But Noel, McW, Embiid....good luck putting up points. They don't know what they are doing. I think we win this from a value perspective in the biggest landslide since Pau Gasol left the Lakers even if both teams somehow got better.

Is this the clear the way for Grant move or Valentine? Or Rondo?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
According to a Chicago insider, it's done. Okafor to the Bulls for Cannan, MCW and 2nd round pick

He looks reputable but I'm not sure. No other news outlet has it reported yet. Jahlil did change his twitter location from Philly to Chicago as well. Not that that means anything

have to imagine Philly is asking for more than that

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sweet! Present day Eddy Curry!

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sweet! Present day Eddy Curry!
Dangit Okafor is 400lbs and has a heart condition? Why GarPax why?!?

But Okafor does fit right in with the team philosophy of no shooting whatsoever

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dangit Okafor is 400lbs and has a heart condition? Why GarPax why?!?

But Okafor does fit right in with the team philosophy of no shooting whatsoever

his post game, from the rim to short hooks with both hands, short shots and the full arsenal of footwork is considered one of the best to ever come right out of college.
Eddy Curry is not in the same ballpark as this guy in terms of skill. Eddy Curry is not as long. Eddy Curry I would imagine is alot stronger, harder to move off a spot.

I think we should try him at PF. Sixers have two PF's already...but if he can't protect the rim don't ask him to. Put him next to Lopez.

I think we should play a 3-2 zone with Wade-Butler-McBuckets up top, because Wade and Butler are such good trailing players that can let penetration into the 7 footers and then bother them on the follow. McB would play on Lopez's side, with Butler on Okafors and Wade up top.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
his post game, from the rim to short hooks with both hands, short shots and the full arsenal of footwork is considered one of the best to ever come right out of college.
Eddy Curry is not in the same ballpark as this guy in terms of skill. Eddy Curry is not as long. Eddy Curry I would imagine is alot stronger, harder to move off a spot.

I think we should try him at PF. Sixers have two PF's already...but if he can't protect the rim don't ask him to. Put him next to Lopez.

I think we should play a 3-2 zone with Wade-Butler-McBuckets up top, because Wade and Butler are such good trailing players that can let penetration into the 7 footers and then bother them on the follow. McB would play on Lopez's side, with Butler on Okafors and Wade up top.
If he can't fit with The Process, who is one of the top shot blockers in the league and has shooting range out to the 3, why would he fit with Lopez?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he can't fit with The Process, who is one of the top shot blockers in the league and has shooting range out to the 3, why would he fit with Lopez?

Because he is more efficient offensivley than Lopez, but not as versatile as Embiid.

Cuz we aren't the sizers?

I mean...I realize in this NBA you have to have 4 players guard the wings and be able to get out. And at least 4, sometimes 5 that can get up and down.

But we play a half court offense anyway. We need to figure out how to go full power like Memphis and punish these little teams for doing that.

Having Butler/Wade to rough up their guards, and Okafor/Lopez to be long and put a body on everything inside....I think we should go big since everyone is small. Butler and Wade can stop the break with better effeciency than most.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because he is more efficient offensivley than Lopez, but not as versatile as Embiid.

Cuz we aren't the sizers?

I mean...I realize in this NBA you have to have 4 players guard the wings and be able to get out. And at least 4, sometimes 5 that can get up and down.

But we play a half court offense anyway. We need to figure out how to go full power like Memphis and punish these little teams for doing that.

Having Butler/Wade to rough up their guards, and Okafor/Lopez to be long and put a body on everything inside....I think we should go big since everyone is small. Butler and Wade can stop the break with better effeciency than most.
If we're going to grit and grind like Memphis we're going to have to really ramp up our putrid defense. That's the only way that will work.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Such a stupid thing and potentially a trade that makes little impact....

But I'm dying to find out if the Bulls and Sixers made any deal.