Anyone following what the Bulls are doing with the D-League?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I sure as hell can't. There are next to no updates on send-downs and returns.

Butler was out last night, where was Denzel ? NBA.com and ESPN.com have nothing to report for his status. Just a wipe from the roster, and that's it. Where was he? Oh yeah, he was in Westchester, New York.
http://dleague.nba.com/games/20170203/wcbwes/

Well duh, if you were on the dleague site, you would see he was sent down on wednesday. WTF? now big fans gotta track that underdeveloped and rarely updated shit storm of a site? :lmao:

But this isn't the first time D-League news has been buried or non-existent. I'm not talking about nitty gritty shit, but when your lottery pick is sent down, that has usually been bigger news. When the D-League team kicks the tires on veterans that have proven themselves more serviceable than current roster players, you want to know. But finding mentions of Will Bynum anywhere else? Good luck.

They pulled this shit with Jerrian Grant, Bobby Portis, and Felicio too.

The whole point is, management is a fucking mess. Sure, using D-League = good. The problem isn't using it, but how it is being used.

No wonder the players are so frustrated. It's a top-down problem. Only so much can be blamed on the CBA roster size expansion.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Management just blows. Especially all that's come out recently, the spying and them threatening to start Snell if Jimmy didn't sign cheap, I don't see how anyone could think Jimmy is a cancer and not the front office.

Our best bench player is an undrafted 2nd year guy and our 2nd rounder this past draft has out played our first rounder. Their drafting after Jimmy has been atrocious

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
I sure as hell can't. There are next to no updates on send-downs and returns.

Go to the info collection thread I started and follow the media guys on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Then follow the Windy City Bulls and also some fanpages like "Die-Hard Bulls fans" keep you updated on a regular base.

I'm living in Germany and get all the information I need. Even about the Windy City Bulls.

You just have to use social media to your advantage! ;)

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Meh, there's no way to effectively filter out garbage on social network feeds. I'd rather not know Valentine was sent down, than have to sift through 20+ reposts/retweets and fluff articles about BS shrimp night at the sears center and Bill Cartwright telling guys to play hard. I'm willing to bet I'm not alone.

The problem is that Nick "likes to speculate more than investigate things" Friedell, Sam "By Sam Smith" Smith, and Joe "tabloid sports writer" Cowley, don't actually beat write and report the happenings of the team. KC Johnson is good, but he mostly ignores news that doesn't have a national NBA audience.

AussieBear

Meh, there's no way to effectively filter out garbage on social network feeds. I'd rather not know Valentine was sent down, than have to sift through 20+ reposts/retweets and fluff articles about BS shrimp night at the sears center and Bill Cartwright telling guys to play hard. I'm willing to bet I'm not alone.

The problem is that Nick "likes to speculate more than investigate things" Friedell, Sam "By Sam Smith" Smith, and Joe "tabloid sports writer" Cowley, don't actually beat write and report the happenings of the team. KC Johnson is good, but he mostly ignores news that doesn't have a national NBA audience.

sounds like an opportunity..

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Here's a funny one, for anyone not following.

New D-League attendance record set yesterday. 17,500 which is a LOT for a D-League game. Just by contrast, that is around what the crosstown team, the Sacramento Kings, average per game(17,608) and 14 other teams that average LESS than that in attendance.

Santa Cruz Warriors set a new record with visitors Oklahoma City Blue. Why is this funny? Well, in some places the tickets were sold as Warriors vs OKL, and fans snatched those tickets up. I bet around 2/3rds of that crowd showed up to some kind of embarrassment and disappointment. Dirty tricks, dirty tricks.

Last edited:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Here's a funny one, for anyone not following.

New D-League attendance record set yesterday. 17,500 which is a LOT for a D-League game. Just by contrast, that is around what the crosstown team, the Sacramento Kings, average per game(17,608) and 14 other teams that average LESS than that in attendance.

Santa Cruz Warriors set a new record with visitors Oklahoma City Blue. Why is this funny? Well, in some places the tickets were sold as Warriors vs OKL, and fans snatched those tickets up. I bet around 2/3rds of that crowd showed up to some kind of embarrassment and disappointment. Dirty tricks, dirty tricks.
That's hilarious.

Well...they got to see some guy named Thompson on the Warriors. Close enough?