2017 White Sox Spring training

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
What are you looking forward to this year?

for me, I want to see the fundamentals preached and executed. If we get that heading into the season we'll have a good step toward bringing the franchise back to respectability.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
With Fraizer being sidelined for a bit, I hope Davidson gets a look. I'd probably lean toward Davidson being the DH until Frazier is traded.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am looking for hope. In the vein of Moncada paying along with some of the young pitchers they acquired.

I also am looking for Fulmer to take a step forward and be atleast 3-4 starter material. \

I am looking to see Zach Collins potential. I feel like he can be legit. Its going to be a tough road to rebuild but I am looking for a bit of light on the horizon.

What scares me about Moncada is his striking out. In the Majors that has been a problem, granted with a small sample size as of yet.

I am looking forward to fighting with Brett and not against him. No politics need here just Sox fans. :soxwin: :troll:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
No politics here, just frustration with a light of hope.

I really think Rodon turns into this year a solid #3 with #2/#1 next season. That would make the rebuild much more exciting.

I agree with Yoan's ks. Worrisome. especially since we don't have a track record of minor league adjustment/development for offensive players.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rodon looked good at the end of the season. What If Rodon struggles early in the season again, will they be afraid to trade Quintana?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Rodon looked good at the end of the season. What If Rodon struggles early in the season again, will they be afraid to trade Quintana?

I hope they just hold for a fair offer. He's a top 12 pitcher in the league and should pull in at least the haul of Sale thanks to an even better contract.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
We struck when we did, but could you imagine the trade with Boston if we still had Sale with Price out?

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder if we could have gotten Andrew Benintendi. I know they were trying to get him.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
cubs-whitesox.png

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I wonder if we could have gotten Andrew Benintendi. I know they were trying to get him.

I hope we have someone that can help Yoan cut down on those whiffs. Pay someone outside of the organization if they must.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck this team. Just a glorified farm team for team that actually want to win.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fuck this team. Just a glorified farm team for team that actually want to win.

Fuck Reinny. Fuck the McCaskey family. All Hail Rocky Wirtz!

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
What they are doing is just fine. Plenty of pitching. Still have a major trade chip in Q, some other decent pieces that can be traded closer to the deadline. A nice jump on rebuilding the minors. I'm actually looking forward to this year. I want to see Ricky become a top flight manager.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Until they trade Q I won't believe for a second they are rebuilding. Seems like they just got rid of the two guys critical of Kenny Williams. This is how a reinsdorf team is run just like the pathetic bulls

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Until they trade Q I won't believe for a second they are rebuilding. Seems like they just got rid of the two guys critical of Kenny Williams. This is how a reinsdorf team is run just like the pathetic bulls

I don't think for a minute that is what has happened here. We sold high on both men. This is part of a rebuild.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No politics here, just frustration with a light of hope.

I really think Rodon turns into this year a solid #3 with #2/#1 next season. That would make the rebuild much more exciting.

I agree with Yoan's ks. Worrisome. especially since we don't have a track record of minor league adjustment/development for offensive players.

Did he have a lot of strike-outs in the minors also? Also, do you think that he will be in the starting line-up when the season starts?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

That is an interesting opinion. Didn't think of that but you are right. Reinny has become a joke and makes decisions like the emperor Nero when he gets his "pets" criticized. Same thing with the McCaskeys and the Bears.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I think that Rodon will be just fine and has good potential to be an innings eater.