Tony Romo wins celebrity golf tournament

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Please say no to Romo. If he were to come to Chicago who should we get to play the other 14 games?

laputan

Liked Posts:
Please say no to Romo. If he were to come to Chicago who should we get to play the other 14 games?

I wanted Hoyer but it may be too much of a luxury to have Romo & Hoyer & Watson.

Romo / Watson / Barkley or equivalent will do. It's gonna be an exciting season.

laputan

Liked Posts:
Schein confirms that Romo will be released with a verbal agreement that he can't go to division rival Redskins or cross-state Texans. First media mention of this.

It's pretty much a sure thing now that he's coming to Chicago. Time to plan the rest of the roster around him.

[video=youtube;iIArW_qqLp4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIArW_qqLp4[/video]

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Schein confirms that Romo will be released with a verbal agreement that he can't go to division rival Redskins or cross-state Texans. First media mention of this.

It's pretty much a sure thing now that he's coming to Chicago. Time to plan the rest of the roster around him.

[video=youtube;iIArW_qqLp4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIArW_qqLp4[/video]

LOL. I love your Romo updates!

laputan

Liked Posts:
Career touchdown percentage (TD/pass attempt) leaders among active QBs:

1. Rodgers 6.4
2. Romo 5.7
(P. Manning 5.7)
3. Wilson 5.6
4. Brady 5.5
5. Brees 5.3

Cutler 4.6
Hoyer 3.7
Barkley 3.0

Past 3 seasons:
Romo 7.1
Rodgers 6.4
Brady 5.9

1 out of every 14 pass thrown is a TD.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Career touchdown percentage (TD/pass attempt) leaders among active QBs:

1. Rodgers 6.4
2. Romo 5.7
(P. Manning 5.7)
3. Wilson 5.6
4. Brady 5.5
5. Brees 5.3

Cutler 4.6
Hoyer 3.7
Barkley 3.0

Past 3 seasons:
Romo 7.1
Rodgers 6.4
Brady 5.9

1 out of every 14 pass thrown is a TD.

No doubt, when Romo is on the field he is very good/great. Obviously with him it's all about getting and staying on the field. Does anyone think he can start all 16?

AussieBear

No doubt, when Romo is on the field he is very good/great. Obviously with him it's all about getting and staying on the field. Does anyone think he can start all 16?

as long as you have a plan b.. y not.. who cares about if he cant... what if he can.....his contract may be structured around being available to play... so perhaps an easy out 1-3 yr contract..

romo is on my shortlist of guys id be okay with.. but i rank him a lil lower cause of those injury concerns.. but i wouldnt be mad if they signed him over glennon/kap (if he is 100 on opting out)

because at the end of the day im fine with cutler for one more year when i look at the bigger picture... at least draft a mid-late round qb if your gonna role with jay for one more year though

or just go get the goat ... glennon

laputan

Liked Posts:

It was a freak injury, hit from behind and above with flexion of his spine causing a compression fracture. It healed without surgery in 6 weeks and is old news. He missed 10 games last season because he was benched for Dak.

Romo-injury.gif

He had two transverse process fractures in 2014, an unrelated minor injury at a completely different level for which he was out 1 game. And he had a herniated disc for which he had minimally invasive microdiscectomy, no hardware put in. All unrelated.

This whole Romo has a glass back is pure myth. But I'm glad it's out there, it's the biggest reason we are gonna be able to sign a top 5 QB.

He did also break a pinky and break his collarbone over 11 seasons. In 11 seasons, he played 13+ games in 8 of them, 15+ games in 7 of them. All with a career #4 QB rating among active quarterbacks.

He does have a playing-style that puts him at a higher injury risk than say Brady, but no different from someone like Cutler.

I am completely okay with the low-medium risk/very high reward on him next year. And if anything happens, we just get to see Watson sooner.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was a freak injury, hit from behind and above with flexion of his spine causing a compression fracture. It healed

He had two transverse process fractures in 2014, an unrelated minor injury at a completely different level for which he was out 1 game. And he had a herniated disc for which he had minimally invasive microdiscectomy, no hardware put in. All unrelated.

This whole Romo has a glass back is pure myth. But I'm glad it's out there, it's the biggest reason we are gonna be able to sign a top 5 QB.

He did also break a pinky and break his collarbone over 11 seasons. In 11 seasons, he played 13+ games in 8 of them, 15+ games in 7 of them. All with a career #4 QB rating among active quarterbacks.

He does have a playing-style that puts him at a higher injury risk than say Brady, but no different from someone like Cutler.

I am completely okay with the low-medium risk/very high reward on him next year. And if anything happens, we just get to see Watson sooner.

I'm with you on some of that, there are some very real problems.

Back problems.

You should stop that ASAP.

Romo has started 4 games in the last 2 seasons. Just stop. Old injured guy. Does Romo have the ability to be available, I don't know, neither do you, or Pace. Roll the dice Pace, if he gets a vet with no development QB, and it doesn't work, he is gone.

Two options:
1. Sign/trade for a vet, and he kicks ass.
2. Draft a guy that looks like a future franchise QB.

Anything else is failure.

laputan

Liked Posts:
Romo has started 4 games in the last 2 seasons. Just stop. Old injured guy. Does Romo have the ability to be available, I don't know, neither do you, or Pace.

He was available week 8/game 7 against the Eagles. He was benched for Dak who kept winning.

Available to start:
2011 16 games
2012 16 games
2013 15 games
2014 15 games
2015 4 games (left collarbone)
2016 10 games (L1 compression fracture)

You know who else missed games due to injury last year? Jimmy, out 4-6 weeks after his 2nd career start, injury to his throwing shoulder, grade 2 AC separation, requiring surgery. Which actually can have longterm repeat implications unlike Romo's back.

Belichik on Jimmy's throwing shoulder: "I’m a football coach, not a doctor. I coach the team, the medical people handle the injuries. I don’t do surgery."

I would take Romo over Jimmy on who starts more games next year.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was available week 8/game 7 against the Eagles. He was benched for Dak who kept winning.

Available to start:
2011 16 games
2012 16 games
2013 15 games
2014 15 games

You know who else missed games due to injury last year? Jimmy, out 4-6 weeks after his 2nd career start, injury to his throwing shoulder, grade 2 AC separation, requiring surgery. Which actually can have longterm repeat implications unlike Romo's back.

Belichik on Jimmy's throwing shoulder: "I’m a football coach, not a doctor. I coach the team, the medical people handle the injuries. I don’t do surgery."

I'm pretty sure Romo has one of the best 4th quarter rating in history. The guy can flat out play at a very high level, DO IT PACE!!

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Available to start:
2011 16 games
2012 16 games
2013 15 games
2014 15 games

The Pat's needed 4 games from JG, he couldn't give them 2. I've never called for Jimmy. I think Romo is old and brittle, great QB, you just can't count on him for 16.

I don't think there is a QB in the draft that is worth the 3rd pick. A lot of people don't agree and think the Bears have to use the 3rd on a QB and/or sign Romo or JG. It's not a popular opinion to do neither. I think the Bears should draft a QB and sign a vet, I would like to see Mahomes and Hoyer.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think you meant offense. That is an interesting stat for the Bears offense sacks allowed. I was still thinking they could run block but not pass block, I was wrong.

Cutler is fucking terrible

laputan

Liked Posts:
SAS loses his shit when he hears Romo's contract demands to come to Chicago.

ICYMI
Romo dropped a bomb on Pace today. He will come to Chicago but wants a 3 year 45 million commitment, wants a reliable tight end, a receiving runningback, upgraded offensive-line, three good receivers, and a top 10 defense.

[video=youtube_share;u5-NM9_Fr9A]https://youtu.be/u5-NM9_Fr9A[/video]

laputan

Liked Posts:
NFL.com explains why Houston, Denver, Kansas City, Buffalo, and Arizona are not good options for Romo.

Romo is blocked from going to Houston. Denver is not willing to offer more than the NFL minimum salary of $450,000, KC and Arizona have starters they are not ready to move on from, and Romo would choose Chicago over Buffalo.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000786874/article/ranking-the-landing-spots-for-tony-romo

Also check out this week's US Weekly on Candice Romo house-hunting in Lake Forest, IL.

laputan

Liked Posts:
Skip Bayless is predicting Romo's Bears over Dak's Cowboys in the NFC championship game next year. I think Super Bowl talk is a bit premature but there you have it.

[video=youtube_share;kXJbqfBrTus]https://youtu.be/kXJbqfBrTus[/video]

laputan

Liked Posts:

2014 Cowboys with Romo 12-3 (and 1-1 in playoffs with 126 passer rating)
2015 Cowboys without Romo 1-11
2016 Bears without Romo 3-13
2017 Bears with Romo ?-?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I wonder how much business Romo conducted during his golf tournament win.