Free Agency Rumors and Signings [Entire NFL]

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Best way to stall a losing culture is to bring in the best available QB yet it is the most criticized. To expensive so keep Hoyer or start a rookie. Yup, that's how to turn things around quickly.

But AJ went to Philly to play with a QB who started as a rookie, as opposed to playing with a QB who was the best FA available.

Post fail

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
But AJ went to Philly to play with a QB who started as a rookie, as opposed to playing with a QB who was the best FA available.

Post fail
A qb that also started as a rookie..

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Reggie White

After a winning season and bringing in Brett Favre. Top FAs are precisely for that purpose, getting you over the hump. Just like what the Pats did to try and repeat. There's tangible value there. They don't tend to change losing teams fortunes.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You could improve the secondary by removing any of our existing DBs from the field, taking a big shit where they were standing and asking it to cover someone or make a play on the ball. It's not about improving the secondary, it's about having one that is not in the bottom five or six units in the league.

Cooper is a decent add. Young with some upside. I like it. Amukamara is garbage though.

Right and we will know that when they play the games next year not right now. Our secondary now has guys that can actually catch the football and has the depth to withstand injuries unlike next year. Play on the field will tell us how improved and I think there is a lot of crying because we signed Demps as if he intercepts 6 passes next year, they won't count because he's older.

Part of the problem with the secondary is they had no real leadership. It was a bunch of young guys and Porter running around like their heads were cut off. But like I said, we will see what it looks like on the field.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There is a right answer, and the answer is both. When your the GM, the buck stops here. From talent evaluation, to coaching, to signing free agents. Building through the draft and the draft only is a myth. It's not enough for Pace to be good (and the verdict is still out if he even is, I reserve judgment but have hope) at drafting young talent, he has to be good at bringing in top talent, and also retaining talent. On these two fronts he is failing, and failing miserably.

The Bears are starting to be associated with a losing culture (my opinion), that is a slippery slope you don't want to go down. Singing tier two talent will do little to fix this. Bringing in a few big names would. IMO, Pace is ill equipped to be a gm, although he may be a very good scout.

The right answer is what works on the field. I never said building through the draft only as last I checked Pace is still signing guys in FA. However plenty of teams have focused on the draft and focused primarily on mid tier Free Agents. The Packers, Steelers, and Pats come to mind. Just because the Pats are in win now mode because Brady is 40 doesn't change the fact that for much of BB and Brady's tenure they have drafted and focused on reasonably priced FAs.

And FYI, there was no fucking Reggie White available. He was obviously a once in a lifetime player that could change the fortunes of a franchise. Gilmore is not.

Post fail

Who said AJ is bright? This is the same guy that had to accept a 1 year deal because his dumb ass overstated his market value and the market determined Pace was more right than he was by not giving him the long term deal he desired.

We will see if his move to Philly pans out next year on the field as he could just as easily half ass it and limp through another injury riddled or PED filled season.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who said AJ is bright? This is the same guy that had to accept a 1 year deal because his dumb ass overstated his market value and the market determined Pace was more right than he was by not giving him the long term deal he desired.

We will see if his move to Philly pans out next year on the field as he could just as easily half ass it and limp through another injury riddled or PED filled season.

Weren't you one of the guys advocating for tagging AJ (not sarcasm, I honestly don't know). While I might actually agree with you on his choice to play in philly, I admire his courage on betting on himself.

As for the rest, I will let the product the Bears place on the filed this year be the judge in who is right or who is wrong, my guess, 5 maybe 6 wins tops.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Weren't you one of the guys advocating for tagging AJ (not sarcasm, I honestly don't know). While ai might actually agree with you on his choice to play in philly, I admire his courage on betting on himself.

As for the rest, I will let the product the Bears place on the filed this year be the judge in who is right or who is wrong, my guess, 5 maybe 6 wins tops.

And 5-6 games is a totally reasonable expectation, albeit a shitty one. Signing a Gilmore doesn't push the bears into that wildcard hope realm.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Weren't you one of the guys advocating for tagging AJ (not sarcasm, I honestly don't know). While ai might actually agree with you on his choice to play in philly, I admire his courage on betting on himself.

Don't think I ever advocated for it. I may have pointed out we have the cap space to do it. Again there seems to be a fundamental confusion about how I think. There are plenty of things I prefer but few things I am totally against.

I was never totally against franchising AJ or signing him to a long term deal even if it is above market because again I don't have a problem overpaying for 1 or 2 guys here or there. I simply am not arrogant enough to think my preferences are the only options.

While I would have no problem giving AJ what he wanted, I must admit that Pace was right about his market value because he obviously didn't get the long term deal he wanted.

The only reason we are discussing things right now is because of all the obvious cunting. If you were obviously cunting the opposite way because Pace had overspent on a couple big names then I'd still be telling you to stop cunting and just see how things unfold this season.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't think I ever advocated for it. I may have pointed out we have the cap space to do it. Again there seems to be a fundamental confusion about how I think. There are plenty of things I prefer but few things I am totally against.

I was never totally against franchising AJ or signing him to a long term deal even if it is above market because again I don't have a problem overpaying for 1 or 2 guys here or there. I simply am not arrogant enough to think my preferences are the only options.

While I would have no problem giving AJ what he wanted, I must admit that Pace was right about his market value because he obviously didn't get the long term deal he wanted.

The only reason we are discussing things right now is because of all the obvious cunting. If you were obviously cunting the opposite way because Pace had overspent on a couple big names then I'd still be telling you to stop cunting and just see how things unfold this season.

In other words, you saying you have no real feelings (or even a clue) on what the Bears should or shouldn't do, and your arguing just for the sake of argument......got it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In other words, you saying you have no real feelings (or even a clue) on what the Bears should or shouldn't do, and your arguing just for the sake of argument......got it.

No in other words, I'm am more of a moderate and can see both sides of things while most of CCS seems to behave like the Alt Right and Far Left in thinking only their views and their views alone are accurate. Of course on certain issues particularly in B&I I can end up being one of the extremists but generally when it comes to Football ie a game, I tend not to be.

Hence why I generally have argued with just about every single person on here at some point because my views aren't extreme so I inevitably end up arguing with the extremes on both sides of many issues.

Life is a series of choices. You can't really evaluate most choices until you see the sum total of what they represent. You are like a guy in the middle of the forest cunting about every tree (decision) being made unable to see the forest. I on the other hand will wait until I get to a vantage point above the trees (ie when all decisions for the season have been made) before I take a step back and see how the forest looks.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
No in other words, I'm am more of a moderate and can see both sides of things while most of CCS seems to behave like the Alt Right and Far Left in thinking only their views and their views alone are accurate.

Hence why I generally have argued with just about every single person on here at some point because my views aren't extreme so I inevitably end up arguing with the extremes on both sides of many issues.

Fucking LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No in other words, I'm am more of a moderate and can see both sides of things while most of CCS seems to behave like the Alt Right and Far Left in thinking only their views and their views alone are accurate.

Have you ever had an argument in which you didn't have the last post?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Have you ever had an argument in which you didn't have the last post?

I don't know nor do I see why that is relevant. People who complain about others getting the last word are just quitters who want to feel better about themselves for quitting.

Ra's al Ghul

Stuck in the Lazarus Pit
Liked Posts:
Adam Caplan‏Verified account @caplannfl

#Bears agreed to terms on a one-year deal worth up to $4m with WR Kendall Wright, source said.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
C6raFXPWYAAqrdq.jpg

Any word on Cutler?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Bears met with Darius Butler (30 years old) today who is saying he can play Safety

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
http://www.nfl.com/freeagency#tab=rankings

Of the guys remaining, I would consider the following in order?

1. Poe/Hankins - Would allow us to move Goldman to 5T and truly put us in BPA mode for the draft as finding a guy to play alongside Godman and Hicks is the main hole left on defense.

2. McDonald/McDougal - I know some would probably have this higher than 1 but I think with the improvements in the overall depth in the secondary and with Demps in the fold, one of HJQ/Amos/Bush/Carson or even Fuller could play and adequate SS or FS (in Fuller's case). Having said that, if one of these guy is available on a 1-3 year deal at a modest price then I think you make it happen.

3. Charles - I'd give him a 1 year prove it deal to see if he can be a change of pace and third down back as he offers a perfect complement to Howard if he has regained his speed.

4. Odrick - If you wanted a cheaper and more classic run stuffing 5T rather than the NTs in 1 above.

5. Hightower - This one is more shits and giggles Madden fantasy as not as obviously ILB is not a huge need so this is more for a longshot but Hightower is one of the best blitzing ILBs in the NFL and Freeman is older. I would consider this with the idea that he could be an OLB on early downs if you think his pass rush ability is untapped at ILB while playing ILB in nickel where he can blitz or drop back equally well. Of course this is again a long shot but for the people that want to see flash, it would certainly get people talking.

Jagtogg

Liked Posts:
Since we have to spend 95% of the cap, I say we spend what we need to sign AP for a change of pace back. He is an athletic and ageless freak, we all know. I'll take him over any other back we have for relief role and can carry the load if something happens to Howard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
AP is not going to come here to back up most likely. He either is going to want to start or go to a team like Dallas to that is a playoff contender.