Free Agency Rumors and Signings [Entire NFL]

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It makes no sense. Are they cutting Brady in 2018? Are they tagging Jimmy for 22 million?

He will walk in 2018.

Belichek does not lose assets for nothing, see Jones and Collins.

Could be leaking to drive up price....

or could want to hold out another year and see how Brady holds up.... could let him walk in 18' and settle for high comp pick

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Eric Mangini said that Belichick is obligated to the organization to keep Garoppolo if he thinks that he's as good as some people are saying.

Belichek does not have the power to cut Tom Brady.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Could be leaking to drive up price....

or could want to hold out another year and see how Brady holds up.... could let him walk in 18' and settle for high comp pick

The one thing that kills the Patriots leverage is if people think they have to trade him.

The Patriots are leaking a ton right now to drive up the price. Edelman spent all yesterday comparing Jimmy G to Rodgers and Favre. What incentive does he have to do that other than to drive up his price.

Then Mangini says they have to keep him and Werder jumps in.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Then Jerry Jones won't release him. Romo could potentially take Cowboys fans with him if he moves across the street.

not likely, Dak is the new apple of their eye..... they wouldn't wish ill will on Romo but don't think many would just flock to second fiddle Texans

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It looks like Romo is more likely to be a Bear than Garoppolo.

I can live with that, so long as they draft a guy to develop and take over when Romo inevitably goes down to injury. It actually is a good fit for Chicago. Gives Fox a guy he can win now with, gives Pace a bridge to his rookie QB if he thinks he needs time to develop, and gets Cutler off the roster.

However if I'm Romo I would be pushing to go to a team like Houston or Denver where I have a chance to win a Lombardi.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The one thing that kills the Patriots leverage is if people think they have to trade him.

The Patriots are leaking a ton right now to drive up the price. Edelman spent all yesterday comparing Jimmy G to Rodgers and Favre. What incentive does he have to do that other than to drive up his price.

Then Mangini says they have to keep him and Werder jumps in.

Yep, I'd declare this GOOD news for those wanting Jimmy G. Cause it makes it all the more likely he is dealt.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jerry loves Tony.

Tony goes to his grandsons games and comes over for dinner with his family.

Jerry will do whatever Tony wants and that way when he retires he becomes a happy ambassador for the boys.

No Cowboys fan is going to cheer for Houston.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I can live with that, so long as they draft a guy to develop and take over when Romo inevitably goes down to injury. It actually is a good fit for Chicago. Gives Fox a guy he can win now with, gives Pace a bridge to his rookie QB if he thinks he needs time to develop, and gets Cutler off the roster.

However if I'm Romo I would be pushing to go to a team like Houston or Denver where I have a chance to win a Lombardi.

Romo wants to win. He is not coming to a rebuild.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
It makes no sense. Are they cutting Brady in 2018? Are they tagging Jimmy for 22 million?

He will walk in 2018.

Belichek does not lose assets for nothing, see Jones and Collins.

I think its spin to stir up interest, because I have a hard time buying the fact a GM would give up a 1st rd pick for a year rental on Jimmy. The Patriots are masters at playing the compensation pick game, so at the very least they end up with a high compensation pick if Jimmy simply walks after next season. They still have Brissett, another young QB, waiting in the wings too. Jimmy is expendable, I don't think the Patriots have as much leverage in this situation, due to his ability to walk after next year.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would be absolutely shocked if Shanahan doesn't kick things off by selecting his QB at #2. He will want his guy to build around from day one. I'd be ecstatic if they took Allen though.

I could seriously see them make a run at Cutler and draft defense in the 1st round if they are not sold on Trubisky or Watson and draft a QB in round 2.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Jerry loves Tony.

Jerry will do whatever Tony wants and that way when he retires he becomes a happy ambassador for the boys.

My guess is the Cowboys do what the Colts did with Peyton and release him. This will let Tony visit and explore his options more intimately.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jerry loves Tony.

If Romo lands in Houston and they keep him healthy for a year I would put them ahead of New England in the AFC. That team would be scary with a real QB.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
not likely, Dak is the new apple of their eye..... they wouldn't wish ill will on Romo but don't think many would just flock to second fiddle Texans

Jerry Jones is not going to release Tony Romo so that he can go to the Houston Texans. Jones loves Romo and thinks he still has something left in the tank. With that defense, Romo could win a lot of games and that would be an absolute nightmare scenario for Jerry Jones. Imagine the press circus in Texas if that were to happen. There is just no way. No way.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jerry loves Tony.

Yes, Jerry loves Tony. And that's exactly why he will not let him go to Houston.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yes, he has the best chance to win in Houston/Denver. But his only realistic options are:

- Buffalo
- NY
- Chicago

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears, Browns and 49ers need to combat this by putting out a ton of narratives.

-They have to trade him
-Brady is playing 3 more years
-Jimmy G is injury prone
-This draft class is really strong at QB
-We love AJ McCarron

Would it shock anyone if the anonymous scouts bashing the QB class were Patriots scouts?

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, Jerry loves Tony. And that's exactly why he will not let him go to Houston.

Jerry will release Romo. Technically he can't prevent Romo from signing with Houston but maybe they make a gentleman's agreement that Romo abides by. Denver would also be a great fit for his services.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears, Browns and 49ers need to combat this by putting out a ton of narratives.

-They have to trade him
-Brady is playing 3 more years
-Jimmy G is injury prone
-This draft class is really strong at QB
-We love AJ McCarron

Would it shock anyone if the anonymous scouts bashing the QB class were Patriots scouts?

LOL That sounds like something the Patriots would do!!!

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, he has the best chance to win in Houston/Denver. But his only realistic options are:

- Buffalo
- NY
- Chicago

I disagree, Denver is a tremendous fit. Lynch could use another year and they aren't going anywhere with Siemian. They are built to win today.