Free Agency Rumors and Signings [Entire NFL]

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Rams, Eagles, Bears, Cowboys and 49ers are expected to have interest in Pierre Garcon. - Mike Jones, Washington Post

AussieBear

The Patriots are expected to get a second-round pick for Jimmy Garoppolo. - Ben Volin, Boston Globe
Charlie Campbell reported at the Senior Bowl that the Texans thought the Patriots' asking price for Garoppolo was too high, and other teams apparently think the same thing. Right now, the favorite to land Garoppolo would be the 49ers, who would surrender the 34th-overall pick, but New England will have lots of suitors as long as it doesn't expect a first-rounder in return. -Walter

from 1 and a 4.. to a 1... now to a 2.... thank you romo, aj mckraken, glennon, taylor etc...

im not a jimmy guy.. but a single 2 sounds fair... may cost another late rd pick if there is some competition

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Adams can play FS no problem. He is a lot like Berry in that they can play both with ease and that is something Fangio has desired in his safeties.

He hasn't played in the NFL yet to say that but my point is that Hooker is a natural FS and Adams is a better fit for SS so if my team needs a FS and my choice is out of Hooker and Adams it's a easy choice for the Hooker for me. Don't get me wrong cause i'm still a happy man if we draft Adams but would rather have Hooker is all.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Julius Thomas - TE - Jaguars
Citing league sources, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports the Dolphins are working to finalize a trade sending Branden Albert to the Jaguars in exchange for Julius Thomas.
The Miami Herald reported this late in the week, but the Sun-Sentinel got credit for the story on multiple media outlets today. The Sun-Sentinel hasn't (accurately) broken an NFL story in years. Either way, it's clear the Albert-for-Thomas deal has legs and at this point seems inevitable. Officially, no deal can be consummated until the start of the new league year on March 9.

J.Thomas back with A.Gase.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Patriots are expected to get a second-round pick for Jimmy Garoppolo. - Ben Volin, Boston Globe
Charlie Campbell reported at the Senior Bowl that the Texans thought the Patriots' asking price for Garoppolo was too high, and other teams apparently think the same thing. Right now, the favorite to land Garoppolo would be the 49ers, who would surrender the 34th-overall pick, but New England will have lots of suitors as long as it doesn't expect a first-rounder in return. -Walter

I really don't see anyone needing to give up a 1st for him.

That means the Bears need to beat 2(33), which is still going to be difficult.

Luke

Liked Posts:
I doubt all this happens but what if Washington trades him to most likely SF for their #2 and more, then they turn around and acquire either JG or AJM

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I doubt all this happens but what if Washington trades him to most likely SF for their #2 and more, then they turn around and acquire either JG or AJM

They would have to tag and trade to do that. Not sure SAN Fran gives a second for a tagged QB unless they agree to a long term deal. Why would Washington exchange one short term solution for an unknown short term solution.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I would be very interested in Cousins.

I'm generally not a fan of paying for a QB that someone else doesn't want enough to pay. But I'd pay Cousins without hesitation. I mean, I know he's not going to be a top 5 QB in the league. He is what he is. He'll have some huge games throwing the ball around the field. He'll have some stinkers where he throws the ball into the ground or to the wrong team. But I think if you give him a strong run game, a lot of weapons, and an opportunistic defense.....he can be a guy that wins you a lot of regular season games and maybe win a championship if he doesn't have to carry the team. Granted, Matt Ryan was MVP and should have won a championship this year, but I look at Cousins similar to him or prime Romo. Good, not great QB. Needs a balanced attack and strong weapons to minimize his mistakes and maximize output. But better than 75% of the league can hope for. Unfortunately, the going rate for this type of guy is 22M/year and it doesn't guarantee you anything.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
2nd+4th+future 4th. Just get it done....if Belichick wants to wait, then sign Tyrod Taylor when he becomes available. I'd prefer JG, but I wouldn't get backed into a corner either.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I really don't see anyone needing to give up a 1st for him.

That means the Bears need to beat 2(33), which is still going to be difficult.

I don't necessarily think that's all to it. 2(34) and 2(36) are basically the same value. I think the difference would be in what else the teams offer. Bears offer a 2nd in 2018, and Niners only willing to go 3rd? He's a Bear. The Bears also have more NFL talent to interest the Pats (Fuller, maybe Amos to replace Harmon, maybe Grasu) and sweeten the deal.

Obviously, this all goes out the window if Cleveland gets serious in the discussions. They can beat any deal anyone can offer without really hurting their franchise any more.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
He hasn't played in the NFL yet to say that but my point is that Hooker is a natural FS and Adams is a better fit for SS so if my team needs a FS and my choice is out of Hooker and Adams it's a easy choice for the Hooker for me. Don't get me wrong cause i'm still a happy man if we draft Adams but would rather have Hooker is all.

Neither of them have played in the NFL that's beside the point.

Adams is far better in coverage and has the ability to lock up wrs and tight ends in the slot on top of superior tackling and hitting ability. Yes Hooker has more ball production butwatch their games and it's easy to see why. He also has a lot of plays he is far from being involved in or whiffs entirely.

I love Hookers range and what he does when the ball is in his hands bit Adams is a far more complete safety and easily a FS or a SS.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Number 3 pick for cousins straight up go for it

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Neither of them have played in the NFL that's beside the point.

Adams is far better in coverage and has the ability to lock up wrs and tight ends in the slot on top of superior tackling and hitting ability. Yes Hooker has more ball production butwatch their games and it's easy to see why. He also has a lot of plays he is far from being involved in or whiffs entirely.

I love Hookers range and what he does when the ball is in his hands bit Adams is a far more complete safety and easily a FS or a SS.

You know who else is far better in coverage ? Adrian amos rookie season.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Jay Cutler - QB - Bears
MMQB's Peter King "wouldn't be shocked" if Jay Cutler ends up with the Cardinals.
That would mean Cutler chooses to settle for a backup job behind Carson Palmer for 2017 with an eye on taking over as the starter in 2018 if Palmer retires. It would be somewhat shocking to see Cutler take a back seat when there are so many open jobs out there, but his fit in Bruce Arians' gunslinger offense makes sense. The Cardinals have said finding a quarterback is their No. 1 goal this offseason. The Jets and 49ers could also be landing spots for Cutler.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
A.J. McCarron - QB - Bengals
The Cleveland Plain Dealer's Mary Kay Cabot wrote Browns coach Hue Jackson "likes" Bengals backup QB A.J. McCarron.
Jackson coached McCarron in Cincinnati including the quarterback's four-game run as a starter in 2015. McCarron held his own after being thrust into the starting lineup, but Jackson would have to think he is a long-term starter to okay a trade. McCarron is entering a contract year, but he will just be a restricted free agent. That means the Bengals can keep him for another season, put an early-round tender on him next spring, and either take the draft pick if he gets an offer sheet or let him back up Andy Dalton again at a relatively cheap price. That scenario suggests a team will have to wow Cincinnati to pry McCarron away.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
he's getting tagged.

Agreed. I think he bolts next year though. He can get a cool 24 mil for a years work and then go to the team of his choice and get a long term contract. Not a bad situation.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed. I think he bolts next year though. He can get a cool 24 mil for a years work and then go to the team of his choice and get a long term contract. Not a bad situation.

he will not get tagged a third time.