Say Goodbye To Alshon Jeffery

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I hate to say this and I hope I'm wrong about Jeffery but he fits the mold of a player once they're paid, they put it in cruise control.

I could and hope to be wrong on this!

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hate to say this and I hope I'm wrong about Jeffery but he fits the mold of a player once they're paid, they put it in cruise control.

I could and hope to be wrong on this!

No need to worry about that. He's been on cruise control his entire career.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is he a top 5 WR? Broderline, but YES

900 yards with Jay Hoyer and Barkley throwing him the ball.. How many could he of had with Big Ben, Brees, Matt Ryan, ect throwing to him... ALOT more

Is he the top FA WR ? YES

If you would to replace the top FA from last year with him would there teams of had a fall off in production? NO
D Thomas 2015 16games 2016- 16 games 1,083 yards 5TDs - 5 year $70MIL $35MIl Guaranteed
Dez Bryant 2015 9games 2016- 13 games 796 Yards 8 Td - 5 years $70MIL $32MIL Guaranteed

Cap goes up 25%
A Jeffery 2015 9 games 2016- 12 Games 821 Yards 2TDs - 5 Years $xxMLI $xxMIL Guaranteed

His production is very similar to Dez Bryant, so signing a year after Dez Alshon's contract should be a little bit more then what Dez's contract..

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Can anyone say that the Bears are moving in the right direction with Pace? I mean, what is his plan? There is no doubt they have gotten worse. I could take that if I felt there was a direction. With the Cubs, I could see what they were doing, so it made it easier to accept the bad. With the Bears, they seem to be throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Is he a top 5 WR? Broderline, but YES

900 yards with Jay Hoyer and Barkley throwing him the ball.. How many could he of had with Big Ben, Brees, Matt Ryan, ect throwing to him... ALOT more

If you would to replace the top FA from last year with him would there teams of had a fall off in production? NO
D Thomas 2015 16games 2016- 16 games 1,083 yards 5TDs - 5 year $70MIL $35MIl Guaranteed
Dez Bryant 2015 9games 2016- 13 games 796 Yards 8 Td - 5 years $70MIL $32MIL Guaranteed

Cap goes up 25%
A Jeffery 2015 9 games 2016- 12 Games 821 Yards 2TDs - 5 Years $xxMLI $xxMIL Guaranteed

His production is very similar to Dez Bryant, so signing a year after Dez Alshon's contract should be a little bit more then what Dez's contract..

Jeffery is a top 5 WR? Holy shit...learn new things everyday.

Btw....that Meredith guy...the guy who has only been a WR for a few years, had over 1,000 yards with Barkley and Hoyer throwing him the ball. Jeffery is extremely overrated on here.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can anyone say that the Bears are moving in the right direction with Pace? I mean, what is his plan? There is no doubt they have gotten worse. I could take that if I felt there was a direction. With the Cubs, I could see what they were doing, so it made it easier to accept the bad. With the Bears, they seem to be throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Has the Defense improved or declined?
Has the Offense improved or declined?
Is the Roster older or younger?

Of course the record is was horrible BUT don't you think that has a lot to do with all the players who finished on IR?

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jeffery is a top 5 WR? Holy shit...learn new things everyday.

Btw....that Meredith guy...the guy who has only been a WR for a few years, had over 1,000 yards with Barkley and Hoyer throwing him the ball. Jeffery is extremely overrated on here.

Are you suggesting that Meredith is a better WR then Jeffery?

What WRs are clearly better then Jeffery, Top 5 is very subjective.. that is why I said borderline. I can only see 4 WR that are clearly better

TOP WRs
A Brown++++
J Jones++++
AJ Green+++
D Thomas++
K Benjamin+
Dez Bryant+
A Hopkins+
A Jeffery+

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I believe Jeffery wouldn't get paid more than 13+ mil a year if he were to test FA. He has been injured quite a lot and it would be hard to believe that a team would want to take such a high risk move when quite a number of good wr have come out the draft in recent years. At the same time I don't want to take the risk of letting him hit FA. We need him just as much if not more than any other team who would want his services. We need to lock him up!

We should have plenty of cap space so this shouldn't matter but If it comes down to having to draft a QB to save money rather than opting to pay Garrappollo, than do it.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if AJ signs a contract with another team that was lower or the same as our offer cause i'm not so sure he wants to play with the Bears anymore unless we offer him much more than he's really worth.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
satchice;2704935[B said:
]Is he a top 5 WR? Broderline, but YES[/B]

Cap goes up 25%

He's not a top 5 WR.

J.Jones
A.Brown
OBJ
AJ Green
D.Bryant
A.Cooper
D.Thomas
J.Nelson
M.Evans
D.Hopkins
A.Robinson
K.Benjamin
TY Hilton
B.Cooks
J.Landry
B.Marshall
K.Allen

Where would you rank A.Jeffery in this group?? I have him out of the top 10.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Are you suggesting that Meredith is a better WR then Jeffery?

What WRs are clearly better then Jeffery, Top 5 is very subjective.. that is why I said borderline. I can only see 4 WR that are clearly better

TOP WRs
A Brown++++
J Jones++++
AJ Green+++
D Thomas++
K Benjamin+
Dez Bryant+
A Hopkins+
A Jeffery+

Meredith had a better season, but I don't think he is a better receiver than AJ, I think he will be down the road.

Here are some guys that are better than AJ right now that are not on your list.
T.Y. Hilton
Odell Beckham Jr.
Mike Evans
Jordy Nelson
Amari Cooper
Jarvis Landry

That knocks him out of the top 10, I could go on but you get the idea.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
If he doesn't like it here, wait until the Eagle fans get a piece of his lackadaisical ass!

Liked Posts:
Antonio Brown
Beckham Jr.
A.J. Green
DeAndre Hopkins
Julio Jones
Brandon Marshall
TY Hilton
Are all better and more dependable than Alshon, and that's just off the top of my head...there's probably a handful more.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meredith had a better season, but I don't think he is a better receiver than AJ, I think he will be down the road.

Here are some guys that are better than AJ right now that are not on your list.
T.Y. Hilton
Odell Beckham Jr.
Mike Evans
Jordy Nelson
Amari Cooper
Jarvis Landry

That knocks him out of the top 10, I could go on but you get the idea.

The fact that Jeffrey is being compared to Cameron Meredith means he's not a Top 5 receiver . . .

. . . Sheesh, and I don't mean the poster . . .

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jeffery is not top 5. That doesn't mean he isn't important or good. The Bears will be worse off without him on the roster. I don't see how the Bears replace his talent this year.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jeffery is not top 5. That doesn't mean he isn't important or good. The Bears will be worse off without him on the roster. I don't see how the Bears replace his talent this year.

That is really true. They should offer him a respectable offer and see what happens. I wouldn't tag him or offer him top money, though.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They probably just think they will have White/Merideth and take on the world.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
The Bears signed Hicks, Freeman, and Massie last season for a similar amount of money. We extended Young and signed Sitton for about as much combined per season later on.

Sorry, but I would rather try our luck signing two or three second and third tier free agents than Jeffrey, even if we could get a bust (like Royal and possibly Trevathon). Way lower risks with higher upside. We could even just sign a legit elite talent with that money who is actual healthy, not dealing with suspension, or hasn't made it clear he doesn't want to be here.