Say Goodbye To Alshon Jeffery

Washington

Liked Posts:
Once again, why in the world would he want to sign in Chi with our horrendous QB situation when he will either be tagged and make $17.5m this year and choose his QB (amongst those teams interested) in 2018 or not be tagged this year and choose his QB this year? I really can't see a scenario where he is a Bear long term.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To me the Bears rumored offer (and this is all heresay) seems very fair. If somebody wants to pay him more than that, let them, I don't think that will. He is off the field as much as he is on. He is very good. At this time, and maybe because of his lack of playing, he is NOT in the top grouping. I do want him on the team, but I don't really believe that his value is greater than that.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
It's ok. We have message board hero Daniel Braverman, we'll be fine

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've seen final offers get renegotiated too many times in NFL. 15 days.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To me the Bears rumored offer (and this is all heresay) seems very fair. If somebody wants to pay him more than that, let them, I don't think that will. He is off the field as much as he is on. He is very good. At this time, and maybe because of his lack of playing, he is NOT in the top grouping. I do want him on the team, but I don't really believe that his value is greater than that.

The Bears are basically offering Alshon the TY Hilton deal. But it seems that Alshon's agent is adamant about hitting free agency.

It's also being said that the Bears offered Alshon a BIG contract last season and were "stunned" when he and his agent turned it down.

All in all, I echo this statement:

"Make no mistake, if the #Bears let Alshon Jeffery walk, it'll be a total failure & a big risk. Chose not to deal him at the deadline."

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
The Bears are basically offering Alshon the TY Hilton deal. But it seems that Alshon's agent is adamant about hitting free agency.

It's also being said that the Bears offered Alshon a BIG contract last season and were "stunned" when he and his agent turned it down.

All in all, I echo this statement:

"Make no mistake, if the #Bears let Alshon Jeffery walk, it'll be a total failure & a big risk. Chose not to deal him at the deadline."

Imagine all the shit Pace would have gotten if he traded him though...

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If the Bears let him walk for the difference of 1 Mil per year they are stupid.. You have to pay what the market is.. last year the top FA WR all got 14 per so this year the top FA should be a little north of that... sorry but business is business..

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Did teams make an offer for Alshon at the deadline?

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
If he scoffs...."smell ya later Alshon".

Don't need your b.s. PED violations and lame hamstrings.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
If the offer is 13 and 30 and the counter is 14 and 35, that shouldn't be a big stumbling block for negotiations.

This is the problem with things like this....it was "reported" that the counter was 14+ and 35+

There's no definitive number. That leaves a lot of room. Does he want 15 and 38? 16 and 40? 16 and 42? We just don't know....and Leming obviously doesn't either.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
it should be like 5 year 72.5 mil 14.33 mil per and 35.4 guaranteed. That is the market

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jeffery probably does not want to be here......unless the Bears wow him with he is leaving. Not sure what else Pace can do...You can't force a guy to sign a contract.....overpay......not sure that is a good idea for a guy with a recent injury history and violation.....

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
even if Alshon wants to stay with Bears, its in his best interest to test FA market and see what offers he can command from other teams. Could use as leverage to squeeze just a bit more of Bears.

Just cause a player hits FA doesn't mean he CANT sign with his original team. I understand its highly unlikely but still.

If Jeffery wants to stay in CHI the offer would seem fair and justified and he could in the end accept it and resign. If he wants to take more money from someone else, couldn't fault him for that either. Nobody is really going to be in the wrong here regardless of how this plays out.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if AJ walks this year, would the Bears receive their compensatory pick in the 2017 draft or 2018?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
if AJ walks this year, would the Bears receive their compensatory pick in the 2017 draft or 2018?

In 2018 as long as they do not sign someone to a comparable contract.

Alshon leaves for 70 million and you sign AJ Bouye for 65 million and you get nothing.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

I think 18.

It just feels like the writing has been on the wall with this one for awhile. A guy who's been rumored to not like Chicago, doesn't seem to have a great relationship with the team, and knows he will get higher value than his play has warranted on the open market. I'd love to keep him, obviously, but it just doesn't seem like it's in the cards.

Although, what the fuck do I know.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
The guy has been unreliable and a major let down for the past 2 seasons and he wants near 40 mil gtd? Let someone else give to em.

Cut the man some slack. He has a PED budget to maintain.