Polian on the cost of JG today

Luke

Liked Posts:
On Insiders, said BB will be looking for the 1st or 3rd pick in the draft so he can get an elite defensive player. I cant imagine the Browns giving up Garrett so if Pace is desperate enough #3 should get it.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
No way!!! Plus a big contract? Don't do it Pace Bears have been there before.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
well, if Pace is gonna get a QB with #3 then it will probably be JG.

I think Pace will give up the #3, it'll just be a little tough to swallow at first.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No way!!! Plus a big contract? Don't do it Pace Bears have been there before.

giphy.gif

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
Pace aint trading the 3 pick for Jimmy G. He will either take the value pick of the elite defender and find his Bears QB elsewhere or go with the safest QB option of Trubisky if he falls to 3. If Cousins goes to the Niners Pace's draft day gets a lot less complicated Trubisky or Allen or if the football gods are really working in his favor Garrett.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pretty steep for a guy who would fail miserably on the Bears.

Jimmy has alot of Hoyer in him. I could see the pressure, o-line, media, and lack of passing threats really shrink the field with his weaknesses of not being able to throw deep or run well quite a bit, and him failing badly in Chicago. I bet BB would laugh about that.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
On Insiders, said BB will be looking for the 1st or 3rd pick in the draft so he can get an elite defensive player. I cant imagine the Browns giving up Garrett so if Pace is desperate enough #3 should get it.

So the 1st OR 3rd pick...what does he have against the 2nd pick?!?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If that is the price, tell BB to eat a bag of dicks.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace would be on the hottest of hot seats if he made that trade. If Jimmy busts, as I believe he will, Pace's head will be carried on a spike. Jimmy has tiny hands and comes from the NE system. Enter the dysfunction that is the Bears offense and he will look like Barkley on a bad day. They need Watson, who will transcend this loser franchise to good times for once.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Many believe, including myself that BB is the greatest coach of all time. He might be one of the best GM's of all time as well.

BB thought Jimmy was good enough to be a 2nd round pick despite the fact he had Tom still playing and likely knew Tom was going to continue playing for a number of years.

BB has held onto him for as long as he can and now he fears he will lose him without getting anything in return but he respects the guy so much that he wants top dollar for him.

Maybe instead of looking at this from a standpoint of BB is trying to swindle some team to maybe BB has been backed into a corner with this one and needs to unload a talented QB to get some value for him.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Let's hope the browns are that silly because I'd bet my left nut Pace is not.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Belichek also thought he would get a 2nd rounder for Mallett

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yeah and this is what NWE was fishing a few years back.

The Patriots would like more than a third-round pick after developing Mallett for two years. It’s likely a second this season or a first in ’14 would close the deal.

Source: The Browns have called again about Ryan Mallett. The Patriots want at least a second-round pick in return.

— Jeff Howe (@jeffphowe) April 25, 2013

No way they get the 1 or 3, more likely a 3rd than the #3

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Man this can go down as worse trade in bears history

And we are talking about a team that traded a first for mirer and a 2 for a dead guy

I say we retain the pick, with the knowledge we may very well end up with the next Dan Bazuin and Michael Okwo? (i.e., draft picks so over-the-top embarrassing they can't even break camp)

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wouldn't do the 3rd pick unless 32 and 96 at a minimum came back.

But watch me bitch about it and Jimmy G turns into a stud.