IGT: Oilers @ Blackhawks 2/18 at 7:00 p.m.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
tumblr_o25crwNq9R1v0y680o1_r1_500.gif

31-19-8, 70 points, 4th place in Western Conference

@

tumblr_nxw7gp6Y0N1qc6c0co1_500.gif

35-17-5, 75 points, 2nd place in Western Conference

Puckdrop - 7:08 p.m.
TV - WGN
Radio - WGN AM 720

Our long nightmare is over, guys. The Hawks are back! And here's the final regular season gauntlet ahead of them: A seven-point gap between them and the conference-leading Minnesota Wild with 25 games each remaining. Two head-to-head matches remain and those are now must-wins if the Hawks want home ice. But first, they'll matchup again with a team they dusted 5-1 before the bye week: the Edmonton Oilers. A win would buck some recent trends, as teams coming off of their bye weeks are 0-5-1 in February, and the trend has seen those losing teams getting blown out. It'll probably take a period or two for the Hawks to find their legs. But as we saw last Saturday, there are plenty of weaknesses in Edmonton to exploit.

LET'S GO HAWKS!!

darkvirage

Liked Posts:
So damn ready for hockey again. Is Hino still in Rockford or did he get called back up with the others?

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Should be a good rematch tonight. I like the fast paced games they always have against the Erlers.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been wanting to see Hartman on a line with Hoss. It's the H²K line.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Finally....the Rasmussen - Kruger - Desjardins

That seems the best pure shut down line we got.

We should be watching to see if Hino is centering in Rockford. H-H-H

Desjardins is having a down year and I don't know if he can hold onto his job until the playoffs.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Caught a case of the smoke yesterday. Dave Reid on NHLN said Duchene was likely heading to Hawks. Not sure when or for what, but when the smoke clears, and Dunchene becomes a Hawk. Hold on to your arse cause its gonna be a long ride.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Caught a case of the smoke yesterday. Dave Reid on NHLN said Duchene was likely heading to Hawks. Not sure when or for what, but when the smoke clears, and Dunchene becomes a Hawk. Hold on to your arse cause its gonna be a long ride.

Does this mean you're predicting a middle of June play off run?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I'd be pretty damn excited about this team if they got Duchene.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Duchene-Toews-Panik
SUPERpak
Hino-Hayden-Hossa
Smaltz-Kruger-Hartman

or if we stand pat

Smaltz-Toews-Panik
superPAK
Hartman-Hayden/Kero-Hossa
Desjardins/Ras-Kruger-Hino

Hino could be an interesting jitterbug for the proven Desjardins-Kruger shutdown combo. He is an unpredictable guy and player who can break away with speed and skating alone, doesn't need help but can benefit from solid veterans.

I also feel like I saw something between Hossa and Hino that was worth keeping in mind whenever we need points. They were magical. It takes "magical" to make me even consider the joy I have with Hartman and Hossa and I want to see Hartman-Toews-Hossa tried if we ever need a change-up as well.

I hope Hayden comes and is eligible, and we promise him to consider burning a year of eligibility if he wins 3C. Anyone think he is good enough? I like that he is a physical force and I think if you gave him Hossa to draw defensive attention he would gain an upper hand. He is from Yale after all, he may pick it up quickest if you just give him the master. And Hino or Hartman on that energy side is OP(over-powered, referring to would be dominant), IMO. It could work.

I'm pretty sure we can look at Hayden for 10 games or so before we have to decide to burn eligibility, so we can decide down the road how good he is.

Unless we make promises, Is he worth promising a year of eligibiilty to encourage his signature?

Duchene makes us the strong...and the cost likely doesn't hurt us this year. So...I think its worth it to maximize Kane/Panarin/AA/Hossa/Toews/Keith/Hammer/Seabs years.

You do what you have to to be the strongest possible. Even Promise Hayden a year.

darkvirage

Liked Posts:
Damn Talbot locked in tonight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

darkvirage

Liked Posts:
About damn time! Panik!

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
About damn time! Panik!

At least he finished...the rest of the top 6 tried, and failed, to be the Harlem Globetrotters on the ice.