IGT: Sabres @ Blackhawks IGT 2/19 at 5:00 p.m.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Talking about the damn Kings on a Blackhawks game. :smh: Joe Micheletti is wearing his Doughty jockey shorts.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The Sabres defense is not good. Kane all alone in front of net? What could possibly go wrong there?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The real question is why didn't someone even attempt to get a body on him?

I think that they just get mesmerized by his stick handling. He is the closest thing to being the Curly Neal of hockey:)

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Move along, nothing to see here

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hossa scores, Tater needs a change of pants.

giphy.gif

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They was messerized by his "stick work"...good way to put it..but he just kept smiling...and they were paralyzed with fear...the smile was so cold...and so persistent. Then his stick work finished the deal, and had the red lights blurring, sirens blaring...

good ole times in Buffalo.

BTW,

Hossa game winning goal.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. Hartman does too many things. 10 goals. 10 assists. And hits. He is off the market.

Among our defenseman

Keith. Hammer. Forsling. TVR. Kempny. Pokka. Tuililua. cannot be touched or moved. Most likely that is the future of Blackhawks defensive depth. If TVR is plucked from us we have a problem.

Forward untouchables should include

Hartman, Hino, Smatlz, Motte, Hayden, Debricat, Bondra, Forslin, Shalnouv, and I am on the fence about Kero/Rasmussen because of the quality of pressure behind them.

Other players should be available. But it isn't much.

If Bowman was being proactive would he dump Hammer or Seabs now and maybe get a little something back and get alot of cap relief rather than have to pay to dump them this coming off-season? With 8 defenders and Bowman exclaiming the depth is best its been perhaps something pro-active like that were to materialize....

Though unless we were getting a Duchene back with 1.5 million taken off...don't do it. They don't want a veteran defender of course, but maybe a 3 way trade with a Montreal for Seabs or a Bruins for Hammer.

Hawks wouldn't be going very far in the playoffs if that happens.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Big difference between this game and last?

Stars were burying their shorts rather than trying, and failing, to be the Harlem Globetrotters on the ice.

Love the way the puck possession looked these past 2 games.

Great win boys.

Onward!

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Big difference between this game and last?

Stars were burying their shorts rather than trying, and failing, to be the Harlem Globetrotters on the ice.

Love the way the puck possession looked these past 2 games.

Great win boys.

Onward!
I believe you mean no vodo bullshit post bye week chaos.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I believe you mean no vodo bullshit post bye week chaos.

Nope. The reason for the FWD core trying to be the Harlem Globetrotters is irrelevant--it's the fact that they were trying to be too cute in Edmonton. The net positive of both games is that the Team D/Puck possession was a lot closer to 2013 than 2016; the 'hawks had the puck, and kept it. The issue was that against Edmonton, they tried to find the *perfect* play; Toews, Kane, and Panarin all had a few instances of one-too-many passes. and overlooking an acceptable shot on goal. Against Buffalo? They were firing it on net to great effect. They need to keep that up.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The most encouraging thing I saw from this game was Toews scoring a classic Toews' goal: shot on net, rebound there for the taking, and he's able to fight off a D-man while working the puck into the back of the net.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The most encouraging thing I saw from this game was Toews scoring a classic Toews' goal: shot on net, rebound there for the taking, and he's able to fight off a D-man while working the puck into the back of the net.

I think he is on his way back up to a level of play we haven't really seen in the last 2 years.... and if he is, we have a much better shot to make a deep playoff run.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think he is on his way back up to a level of play we haven't really seen in the last 2 years.... and if he is, we have a much better shot to make a deep playoff run.

Exactly. We can blither on about the level of depth the 'hawks have but the cold hard fact is that the 'hawks aren't going to go anywhere unless the core players play at the level that got them their current contracts. Last game was monster for the FWD core.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Exactly. We can blither on about the level of depth the 'hawks have but the cold hard fact is that the 'hawks aren't going to go anywhere unless the core players play at the level that got them their current contracts. Last game was monster for the FWD core.

I'm not much worried about the core players at this point.

1) The core is the best core in NHL and has risen to the occassion and played more hockey longer series and even our losses our epic since 2009.
2) They showed me a switch even in 2016...I had huge concerns about Fleshman and Weise, but they played well in playoffs...so did the D, and Toews
3) We played a great team and barely got edged in 7 games. The Blues were in a Salary Cap peak that was unsustainable, and put together a monster of ruffians and skill specifically with us in mind and it took everything out of them to fight us off by a thread. It could have gone the other way.

I see no reason to believe this core is vulnerable, and will win or be the most difficult out in hockey for about the 7th time in 9 years.

I come against this narrative often and I just like to stand against it. I'm proud of the hockey the Hawks played against the Blues last year playoffs. It was more of the same I have been seeing. The last goal didn't go our way, only difference.

The Quality of the opponent was at the level...of Dynasty Hawks, Dynasty Kings, Blues regular season, Dynasty Penguins, Bruins and Detroit chips...Anaheim missed opportunities...and the Burns/Thornton duo.

We are among the best, and because of the depth and diverstity of the core we remain there, and will remain there 3 more years at minimum. The Blues showed us how hard it is to remain there quite well. Good example twats.