AMD Ryzen price/spec leaks

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
One day I am going to round up all Linux users in camps and exterminate them.

#WindowsHitlerFanboy

:hitler:

I will include Mac users like Hitler included Gypsies and Homosexuals.... and eventually I will also purge people who still use Windows 98.

The 4th Tech Reich shall begin

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What excites me about this is that AMD is going to cause Intel to produce a better product again. I remember back to the T-Bird days when AMD was competing with Intel and its been nearly what? 12-15 years since then? It will be nice to see Intel have to compete again. The real question is, will AMD be able to keep up this time?

Due to the node process advantage Intel still holds over Global Foundries and Samsung, Intel should in theory be able to stay ahead for a bit. AMD is competing based on architecture so if the node process playing field were even Intel would be in real trouble. Zen on an equally mature 10 nanometer process able to run higher clocks would be shitting on anything Intel has.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
AMD and Intel are on 14nm lithography right now. The fab is different, but virtually identical as far as capability.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
AMD and Intel are on 14nm lithography right now. The fab is different, but virtually identical as far as capability.

In my death camps I will make you fix and then break thousands of old floppy drives

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
AMD must be trying to push out the Visheras, because the 1400 is a joke at $170. But the 1600 on the other hand is the sweet spot CPU of the spring.
The 1400 should be a $95 CPU IMO, which makes the R3 launch ready to be a serious let down. Yes, 65w vs 130w for 8350s, but nobody looking to do a sub $500 Vishera build, unless they live in a severely under developed country.

AussieBear

AMD must be trying to push out the Visheras, because the 1400 is a joke at $170. But the 1600 on the other hand is the sweet spot CPU of the spring.
The 1400 should be a $95 CPU IMO, which makes the R3 launch ready to be a serious let down. Yes, 65w vs 130w for 8350s, but nobody looking to do a sub $500 Vishera build, unless they live in a severely under developed country.

aus sucks cost wise...even dearer if you ship shat here... its the reason i bought used.. its either buy used value or go all in here imo.. came close to going all in until i factored in ptp for what i do. i dont know when im going to upgrade again or how much life i can get out of this old system.. could bump the ram up, new psu and gpu.. so it could still last several years.....but 1600x will be my next step... unless by the time i buy... new betta shat...

8350 black edition still 189-199 bucks in oz..
6300 black 119

1400 is 245
1500x 275
1600x 359
1700x 519
1800x 679

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know any one of us would probably ship you parts. Just sayin.

AussieBear

You know any one of us would probably ship you parts. Just sayin.

thats nice.. thanks

i have peeps over there though.. sis sends 3-4 packages during the year for bdays/holidays, so i generally wait for those shipments if im after anything specific. shipping just costs a lot if there is any weight to it. then you gotta deal with overseas warranties/time/more shipping if something is wrong.

the wife ordered a treadmill and even local delivery cost 160 bucks.. to be fair, the thing was 189 pounds.. i had to help the delivery guy unload it too..

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
So...

Ryzen 5 1600 = 220
AM4 B350 Mobo = 105
Microcenter Discount = -50
$275

i7 7700K = 300
Z270 Mobo = 220
Microcenter Discount = -30
$490

Difference in FPS at 1440p...negligible?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Intel fanboy will say buy the 7700K anyways because *blah blah blah*. AMD (CPUs) fanboy will say buy the 1600 because *blah blah blah*.

Really, if you can pair your use cases and known benchmarks(which there are plenty), you'll know pretty much right off the bat what you want. Can't go wrong either way. Both are good at everything.

That 1400 though. Seriously what a useless CPU. AMD should have just called it a Sempron and been done with it.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You're a Sempron!

Lol, no really, its that bad.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL @ Intel pushing out a 12 core i7 they never planned on releasing because AMD is going to push out a 16 core Ryzen cpu. AMD got them Intel boys shook.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
LOL @ Intel pushing out a 12 core i7 they never planned on releasing because AMD is going to push out a 16 core Ryzen cpu. AMD got them Intel boys shook.

It's downright impressive what AMD has done. Ryzen has nullified entire segments of Intel's monopoly, and who knows what the datacenter chips will bring.

Home Server/Workstation/Content Creation = Ryzen 7
High-End gaming = Intel i7
Mainstream Desktop/Gaming = Ryzen 5
Light office/business = ?

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
One day I am going to round up all Linux users in camps and exterminate them.

#WindowsHitlerFanboy

:hitler:

I will include Mac users like Hitler included Gypsies and Homosexuals.... and eventually I will also purge people who still use Windows 98.

The 4th Tech Reich shall begin

Come at me bro

Only reason I use windows at all anymore is for gaming. I really dislike Windows 10, and soon as Windows goes software as a service I'm out, even if it means fewer games.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's downright impressive what AMD has done. Ryzen has nullified entire segments of Intel's monopoly, and who knows what the datacenter chips will bring.

Home Server/Workstation/Content Creation = Ryzen 7
High-End gaming = Intel i7
Mainstream Desktop/Gaming = Ryzen 5
Light office/business = ?

It will be really cool if vega can have a similar impact VS nvidia. That company has gotten away with too much shady bullshit for too long just cause market share.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I want to believe the Vega hype but god damn man. It almost feels like too little too late. Sounds like Nvidia is either pushing out Volta early or releasing an updated Pascal card more or less just after Vega launches. So unless Vega is truly more powerful than a 1080 Ti...AMD's high end product is almost dead upon launch. I can only hope they are holding back for good reason but the lack of leaks is a bit discomforting. The only positive news about Vega that has been confirmed is that AIBs are being allowed to configure their Vega cards however they please. So AMD's reference design will be 8GB of HBM2 but the 3rd party cards can slap as much HBM2 as they want to. Giving the possibility of a 16GB HBM2 gaming card.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, AMD can still achieve a lot by getting close to the top nvidia card in each tier at a much lower price.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Boy, having a brother who works for Intel is very handy when it comes time for a new CPU.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One of my cousins is a project manager for Intel and even he doesn't just get freebies whenever. I don't know what kind of hook up you're talking about.