AMD Ryzen price/spec leaks

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
One of my cousins is a project manager for Intel and even he doesn't just get freebies whenever. I don't know what kind of hook up you're talking about.

They aren't free, but the employee discount is about 50% off retail. Ask him about it, he might hook you. Just don't go reselling, he probably wouldn't appreciate you getting him fired.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They aren't free, but the employee discount is about 50% off retail. Ask him about it, he might hook you. Just don't go reselling, he probably wouldn't appreciate you getting him fired.

That is exactly what Xer0 would do, which is prolly why his cousin lies to him lol

"Nah man they don't give us any company discounts, it sux"

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I had an Uncle that worked at Motorola as an engineer. He used to hook me up with obscure parts to play with and at the time of yearly obsolescence, a one year old Mac Color Classic with 36MB of ram and a 33MHz 68k. Base specs were fantastic for the time, but it was still a frustrating Mac designed for children and seniors, very limited use. Had to basically turn it into a footrest, which he then saw and never offered any parts again. Which sucked, because I still maintain that the 68k was a far far far superior architecture to the x86.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I had an Uncle that worked at Motorola as an engineer. He used to hook me up with obscure parts to play with and at the time of yearly obsolescence, a one year old Mac Color Classic with 36MB of ram and a 33MHz 68k. Base specs were fantastic for the time, but it was still a frustrating Mac designed for children and seniors, very limited use. Had to basically turn it into a footrest, which he then saw and never offered any parts again. Which sucked, because I still maintain that the 68k was a far far far superior architecture to the x86.

x86 is the GOATest of all time GOAT architecture... 2GB of RAM is bawssssss

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That is exactly what Xer0 would do, which is prolly why his cousin lies to him lol

"Nah man they don't give us any company discounts, it sux"

LOL if I got anything half off I wouldn't be selling it. Its not every day you get to buy high end Intel processors that cheap. He was rocking server class processors well before it was cool to have a lot of cores. He is the one that introduced me to the sort of shit you can pull off with a lot of cores. I didn't know shit about virtualization.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LOL if I got anything half off I wouldn't be selling it. Its not every day you get to buy high end Intel processors that cheap. He was rocking server class processors well before it was cool to have a lot of cores. He is the one that introduced me to the sort of shit you can pull off with a lot of cores. I didn't know shit about virtualization.

Do you yell "Multi-thread mah corezzzzzzz" at him?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL I have legitimately seen kids who got sick gaming rigs only to wind up playing Minecraft on them. Its a meme for a reason. It actually happens.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LOL I have legitimately seen kids who got sick gaming rigs only to wind up playing Minecraft on them. Its a meme for a reason. It actually happens.

I think the Minecraft of my gaming days as a teenager was Runescape 1.0... not the same level of popularity, but if you watched anyone play it you were like "Wtf.... why do you play this?"

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I don't get the Minecraft thing either. But the mod community is what makes the game very resource demanding. Popular mods today that still don't average 60fps on high end hardware.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't get the Minecraft thing either. But the mod community is what makes the game very resource demanding. Popular mods today that still don't average 60fps on high end hardware.

I am going to open a thread about game modding... I think it is worth its' own thread