CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trubisky and Kizer would make sense.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Deshaun Watson - QB - Tigers
NFL Media draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah compared Clemson QB Deshaun Watson to Miami Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill.
Jeremiah tossed his comp forward on the Move the Sticks podcast. Co-host Bucky Brooks responded to that comparison in the affirmative, saying, "Both had a quick release, and you have to think of the way you build the system around them. You have to think in the same terms, a movement-based system. You want to take advantage of the athleticism." NFL Films producer Greg Cosell has comped the Clemson star to Alex Smith in terms of his abilities as a distributor.

DeShone Kizer - QB - Fighting Irish
NFL Media draft analyst Daniel Jeremiah compared Notre Dame QB DeShone Kizer to Arizona Cardinals QB Carson Palmer.
Bucky Brooks, Jeremiah's partner in crime on the Move the Sticks podcast, doesn't think his co-host is far off here. Said Brooks, "I like that comparison. I believe he is that guy. I believe he is a flamethrower from the pocket. I believe, in a classic system, he could push it down the field. If you put him in Bruce Arians' system, he could do all of those things." Earlier this week, NFL Media's Mike Mayock anointed the 6-foot-4, 230-pound Kizer as his No. 1 quarterback prospect in the current draft class.

Mitch Trubisky - QB - Tar Heels
On the Move the Sticks podcast, NFL Media analysts Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks comped North Carolina QB Mitch Trubisky to Trent Green and Alex Smith, respectively.
"I can see some of [Trent Green in Trubisky]," Brooks said, "but I'm willing to give Mitch a little more credit for his athleticism. How about Alex Smith, who is right there in Kansas City? He kind of reminds me of Alex in terms of his ability to run. He just doesn't showcase it." This week, an AFC national scout forwarded the belief that Trubisky "has the same talent as Carson Wentz." Wentz was ultimately drafted by the Eagles at No. 2 a year ago. If you're into symmetry, it certainly isn't out of the realm of possibility that the 49ers could take Trubisky at No. 2 this coming April.

Imagine if Carson Palmer had Kizer's legs.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Pat Mahomes - QB - Red Raiders
Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline is "concerned" about Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes' "downfield accuracy as well as the fact that the Texas Tech offense does not translate well to the next level."
"I’m mixed on Patrick Mahomes," Pauline wrote. "I understand why people are intrigued by the Texas Tech signal caller; he’s tough as nails, plays the position with vision as well as awareness and is not afraid to challenge defenses vertically. ... Like the other top quarterbacks in this draft, the potential is there for Mahomes but there’s also a large degree of downside and risk." Mahomes is the most divisive of the top-five quarterback prospects in this class. Analysts and NFL teams both disagree about whether his skills neatly translate to the next level. Heck, the Rotoworld NFL Draft team does not agree about Mahomes' NFL value.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Joe Mixon - RB - Sooners
Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline maintains that Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon "won’t be selected at any point in the draft for obvious reasons."
The obvious reason being that Mixon was caught on tape punching a woman at a restaurant in 2014. That incident got Mixon suspended for a season and deprived him an invite to the NFL Combine. We'd currently predict that Mixon is taken early on Day 3, but his range of potential outcomes varies wider than any other prospect in the Draft. "The tape on Mixon is astounding at times," Pauline wrote. "He dominates as both a ball carrier and pass catcher for entire drives at a time. Looking at it solely from a football perspective, I would stamp a late first-round grade on Mixon."

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Tim Williams - LB - Crimson Tide
NFL Draft analysts Charlie Campbell and Eric Galko have both written about off-field issues that could drop Alabama edge rusher Tim Williams into the second-round.
Campbell has written that "team sources believe that Williams could easily slip to the second day of the draft" because Williams has substance abuse issues "in the realm of Dallas Cowboys defensive end Randy Gregory." Galko, meanwhile, wrote recently that he's "been told [that] alcohol abuse in the offseason leads the character concerns for Williams." Williams was arrested in September on marijuana and gun charges.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Chad Kelly - QB - Rebels
Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline views Ole Miss QB Chad Kelly as a "a sandlot quarterback with marginal next-level potential" and agrees with the decision to snub Kelly from the NFL Combine.
"I don’t think [not inviting Kelly to the NFL Combine is] that big of a deal because I don’t believe Kelly is a good pro prospect," Pauline wrote. Even before the news about his combine snub broke, I graded him as a sixth-round choice with little chance of making a final roster next fall." Of quarterbacks expected to go on Day 3, Kelly is perhaps the most divisive prospect. Bill Polian of ESPN last week that Kelly is probably "the most talented QB in the draft." For the record, the Rotoworld draft team leans closer to Pauline's opinion of Kelly than Polian's.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Joe Mixon - RB - Sooners
Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline maintains that Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon "won’t be selected at any point in the draft for obvious reasons."
The obvious reason being that Mixon was caught on tape punching a woman at a restaurant in 2014. That incident got Mixon suspended for a season and deprived him an invite to the NFL Combine. We'd currently predict that Mixon is taken early on Day 3, but his range of potential outcomes varies wider than any other prospect in the Draft. "The tape on Mixon is astounding at times," Pauline wrote. "He dominates as both a ball carrier and pass catcher for entire drives at a time. Looking at it solely from a football perspective, I would stamp a late first-round grade on Mixon."

I dont understand the risk in taking Mixon in the 4th round, the 2nd best RB in this draft. I could see it if a team had to use a 1st rounder on him, but you just gotta take this guy in the 4th round as a GM or you're not doing your job.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Joe Williams - RB - Utes
Utah RB Joe Williams explained that he retired from football briefly last year in part due to years of guilt and grief over the death of his sister in 2007.
His 7-year-old sister, Kylee, died of acute myocarditis -- a heart muscle inflammation -- after getting misdiagnosed with a a viral syndrome and discharged from the hospital. "People make it a big deal that I quit on the team. To me, it was necessary," Williams said. "I was learning to come to grips with the fact that it wasn't my fault. I'm 23 years old now, and I can't blame myself for something that occurred 10 years ago, no matter how painful or traumatic it was. It would be bigger to honor her in a much more meaningful way." Williams rushed for 1,017 yards in only five games after rejoining the team following his four-game retirement in 2016.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Chad Kelly - QB - Rebels
Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline views Ole Miss QB Chad Kelly as a "a sandlot quarterback with marginal next-level potential" and agrees with the decision to snub Kelly from the NFL Combine.
"I don’t think [not inviting Kelly to the NFL Combine is] that big of a deal because I don’t believe Kelly is a good pro prospect," Pauline wrote. Even before the news about his combine snub broke, I graded him as a sixth-round choice with little chance of making a final roster next fall." Of quarterbacks expected to go on Day 3, Kelly is perhaps the most divisive prospect. Bill Polian of ESPN last week that Kelly is probably "the most talented QB in the draft." For the record, the Rotoworld draft team leans closer to Pauline's opinion of Kelly than Polian's.

Polian should consider relaxing and fishing next year.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Rasul Douglas - DB - Mountaineers
Though NFL scouts rated West Virginia CB Rasul Douglas as a UDFA coming into the season, according to Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline, the analyst believes Douglas "could end up as a third-round pick."
"The fact that Douglas measured 6-foot-2 and 204 pounds during Senior Bowl weigh-ins only makes him more attractive to NFL teams," Pauline wrote. "I feel he’s one of the better bump-and-run corners in the draft but will struggle in any system that asks him to play backed off the line of scrimmage." Last season, his first as a starter, Douglas was a Walter Camp All-American after leading the nation with eight interceptions.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
D'Onta Foreman - RB - Longhorns
Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline believes Texas RB D'Onta Foreman "does not get the credit he deserves as a pass catcher out of the backfield."
"Foreman won’t be a running back for every team, but he will play at the next level," Pauline wrote. "The Texas junior is a powerful downhill runner with surprising small-area quickness as well as a burst." As Pauline notes, Formeman's game isn't for everybody. One NFC Scouting Director told NFL.com's Lance Zierlein earlier this month that Foreman's pass protection skills were "awful."

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Cam Robinson - T - Crimson Tide
In a Walter Football poll asking six NFL teams whether Alabama T Cam Robinson will slide into the late first-round, three said yes and three said no.
The three that answered in the affirmative are concerned that Robinson's "inconsistencies from his junior season could cause him to slide." They were also concerned that Robinson could slide due to off-the-field concerns, namely a gun arrest roughly a year ago (the charges were eventually dropped). On the other side of the debate, one team picking in the early teens didn't believe Robinson would be available when they got on the clock. A personnel director of a playoff team said: "For selfish reasons, I would love it if he did slide and was an option for us, but I just don't think it will happen." A director of college scouting for an AFC team picking in the top-20 said his team has a top-15 grade on Robinson as a Russell Okung- or Ryan Clady-type left tackle. "He is top 15 easily. Who else will go before? Bolles? Ramczyk? Not even close."

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
The Giants are high on David Njoku. - Tony Pauline, Draft Analyst

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Chidobe Awuzie - DB - Buffaloes
NFL Media's Lance Zierlein compares Colorado CB Chidobe Awuzie to Prince Amukamara.
"Sticky man-cover corner who possesses the reactive athleticism and foot quickness to maintain coverage responsibilities around the field," Zierlein wrote. "Awuzie is not a burner, but his technique and instincts should provide what he needs to compete downfield." Awuzie was a second-team All-Pac 12 selection playing mostly nickel in 2015 (90 tackles, nine TFL, four sacks, two interceptions, 10 breakups) and a second-team all-conference pick again as a senior (65 tackles, six TFLs, one interception, 12 breakups).

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cardinals GM Steve Keim said there is "no doubt we have to identify a franchise quarterback."
"There isn’t a day that I don’t think about it," Keim said. Carson Palmer is 37 years old and has flirted with retirement, along with franchise staple Larry Fitzgerald. The Cardinals have tried to add passers in the past, namely Logan Thomas in the fourth round, but they have yet to spend a high pick on a Palmer successor. It is a real possibility that changes this year, and we know Bruce Arians values a big, downfield arm for his offense.

Jeffery and Cutler? Take Evans etc. later and develop him.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Joe Mixon - RB - Sooners

My prediction ... Dallas drafts him as another steal.

Must be nice when the owner and the GM are the same person ... and his sons can keep him under control.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I dont understand the risk in taking Mixon in the 4th round, the 2nd best RB in this draft. I could see it if a team had to use a 1st rounder on him, but you just gotta take this guy in the 4th round as a GM or you're not doing your job.

To me, he seems like a perfect fit in NE where Belichick loves to rotate backs situationally. With an extra 3rd, they can get their man.