Prospect News and Rumors

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Budda Baker - DB - Huskies
An NFC area scout said he would "leave [Washington S Budda Baker] as a centerfielder."
"I would leave him as a centerfielder and then roll him down over the slot if you needed too," he said. He's too small to cover tight ends, but he's got great instincts in coverage which is why he should shine as a single-high." NFL Media's Lance Zierlein compares Baker to Bob Sanders. "Baker plays with a competitive desire that leaps off the field when you watch him thanks to elite football character and above-average explosiveness," he wrote. "While he is undersized, he makes up for it with his football instincts and plus play speed. Baker has the talent to become a play-making safety with Pro Bowl potential if he can sustain his health."

I don't see Fangio wanting him if he can only play single high.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
Carlos Henderson - WR - Bulldogs
Rotoworld's Josh Norris ranks Louisiana Tech's Carlos Henderson as the No. 3 WR in the 2017 class.
Western Michigan's Corey Davis and Clemson's Mike Williams rank as the top two, but few place Henderson at three. The Bulldog is the best receiver in this class after the catch in terms of explosion and vision. He creates big plays in that area of the field. In fact, Matt Harmon charted Henderson breaking two-plus tackles 39% of the time when the opportunity presented itself. Henderson also plays bigger than his 5-foot-11 size. We are excited for his NFL Combine.

I am more focused on what a receiver does during the catch vs after the catch. The first trait I look for in wideouts is hands if that is at all an issue not interested. I like Alshon in his draft because he had the best hands in that draft. I liked Jordy Nelson a lot because he had the best hands in his draft. In this draft I like Cooper Kupp because as far as I can tell at this point he has the best hands in this draft for WR's.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Carlos Henderson - WR - Bulldogs
Rotoworld's Josh Norris ranks Louisiana Tech's Carlos Henderson as the No. 3 WR in the 2017 class.
Western Michigan's Corey Davis and Clemson's Mike Williams rank as the top two, but few place Henderson at three. The Bulldog is the best receiver in this class after the catch in terms of explosion and vision. He creates big plays in that area of the field. In fact, Matt Harmon charted Henderson breaking two-plus tackles 39% of the time when the opportunity presented itself. Henderson also plays bigger than his 5-foot-11 size. We are excited for his NFL Combine.

I've seen him play a few times. He's a damn good wideout. I was hoping the Bears could grab him in the 5th. Josh needs to STFU!

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Jerod Evans - QB - Hokies
An AFC area scout told NFL Media's Lance Zierlein that Virginia Tech QB Jerod Evans "made a huge mistake" by declaring for the draft.
No arguments from us. Evans was one of the more surprising draft jumpers this winter. As the scout notes, "He still has to have reps and learn to play quarterback. Where are his reps coming from now?" Zierlein understands the questions, here, writing that the 6-foot-4, 225-pounder "has a decent arm, great size and is a good athlete, but his ball placement, mechanics and overall decision making still have a long way to go."

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Evan Engram - TE - Rebels
An AFC national scout told NFL Media's Lance Zierlein that Ole Miss TE Evan Engram is "just like Jordan Reed."
That national scout views Alabama TE O.J. Howard as the best tight end prospect out there, but he sees Engram as just a step behind. "He's going to get open against everyone they put on him and that guy competes, too," the scout said. Howard and Miami TE David Njoku are both receiving plenty of first-round buzz. Engram less so, but he figures to be taken off the board early on Day 2. Zierlein sees a potential second-round selection, here.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Pat Mahomes - QB - Red Raiders
An NFL executive who spoke with NFL Media's Daniel Jeremiah said that Texas Tech QB Pat Mahomes will "check every box in Indy [at the NFL Scouting Combine]."
The executive said that "everybody will be talking about him after the [C]ombine." Earlier on Thursday, Ian Rapoport reported that Mahomes (as well as Davis Webb) will be taking part in throwing drills and the like in Indianapolis. The 6-foot-3, 230-pound Mahomes is one of the more intriguing quarterback prospects in the 2017 pool. He already has the size and the arm chops for the NFL. Don't be surprised if he sneaks into the back half of the first round this sprin

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Travin Dural - WR - Tigers
Pro Football Focus compared LSU WR Travin Dural to Mike Wallace.
"Dural’s speed is his biggest asset right now as he can take the top off a defense similarly to how Wallace did the same earlier in his career. However, we can expect the former LSU wideout to struggle on underneath routes, similarly to Wallace," explains the PFF analysis team. At 6-foot-2, 205 pounds, he possesses prototypical size for the pro level. Dural did not do much in LSU's watching-paint-dry passing game, but the fact that he played in a dead offense does not detract from his very real skills.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Budda Baker - DB - Huskies
An NFC personnel director told NFL Media's Lance Zierlein that Washington S Budda Baker "might end up being one of those guys who we ignore the size on."
Entering the 2016 season, Baker was listed at 5-foot-10, 192 pounds. His lack of size might not matter in the end. "He's so athletic and his football character is so high that it might be necessary to give him a pass on how short he is," the personnel director explained. Zierlein refers to the former Huskies standout as a "war daddy against the run" and believes that he has the upside of a Pro-Bowler.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see Fangio wanting him if he can only play single high.

Which is why Fangio is probably pushing to consider Adams at #3. He is the safety he has always dreamed of having, with a single high his only weakness.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I love Budda Baker.

I will love Budda Baker if he was 5'2".

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I love Budda Baker.

I will love Budda Baker if he was 5'2".

Same. One of my favorite guys to watch in this class. I don't care what he's listed at he has heart. Miles and miles of heart.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Same. One of my favorite guys to watch in this class. I don't care what he's listed at he has heart. Miles and miles of heart.

MCDRUDY_EC001_H.JPG

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reuben Foster - LB - Player
The Buffalo News' Vic Carucci passes along "a lot of buzz" that the 49ers could draft Alabama ILB Reuben Foster with the No. 2 overall pick.
Carucci is one of the NFL's most well-connected beat writers, having worked for multiple teams and as a reporter for NFL.com. Even if he gets past San Francisco at No. 2, Carucci fully expects Foster to be drafted in the single digits. After watching Foster's college tape, ESPN's Louis Riddick described him as "everything I want in a run-and-hit linebacker," and "vicious" on the field. Foster, however, is presently recovering from rotator cuff surgery.
Related: 49ers

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
The Buffalo News' Vic Carucci passes along "a lot of buzz" that the 49ers could draft Alabama ILB Reuben Foster with the No. 2 overall pick.
Carucci is one of the NFL's most well-connected beat writers, having worked for multiple teams and as a reporter for NFL.com. Even if he gets past San Francisco at No. 2, Carucci fully expects Foster to be drafted in the single digits. After watching Foster's college tape, ESPN's Louis Riddick described him as "everything I want in a run-and-hit linebacker," and "vicious" on the field. Foster, however, is presently recovering from rotator cuff surgery.

He may very well be a target for them. But I doubt SF takes him at #2. If they get a QB or decide they don't want a QB at #2, I see only 1 reason for them to stay at the 2nd spot in the draft.....Myles Garrett. If Garrett goes 1, as expected, the 49ers will either take the 1st QB in the draft or trade for a team that wants to take the 1st QB in the draft by getting ahead of the Bears.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Taywan Taylor - WR - Hilltoppers
Western Kentucky WR Taywan Taylor produced 26 catches of 40-plus yards over the last two seasons, the highest number in the 2017 class.
You know we love Taylor, and this figure is one reason why. Creating big plays is one of the most important phases of the game. Taylor has been highly productive over the last two years, and Western Kentucky's offense was a major factor why. Shelton Gibson and Carlos Henderson are two other favorites of Josh Norris, and both ar eon this list as well. CBS Sports' Dane Brugler compiled the numbers.

AussieBear

some of us would like the foster being a beer... idk @ 3 though.. maybe 4...6.. 8.. who do we appreciate...

Fosters_Beer-Store_322x344px.jpg

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Taywan Taylor - WR - Hilltoppers
Western Kentucky WR Taywan Taylor produced 26 catches of 40-plus yards over the last two seasons, the highest number in the 2017 class.
You know we love Taylor, and this figure is one reason why. Creating big plays is one of the most important phases of the game. Taylor has been highly productive over the last two years, and Western Kentucky's offense was a major factor why. Shelton Gibson and Carlos Henderson are two other favorites of Josh Norris, and both ar eon this list as well. CBS Sports' Dane Brugler compiled the numbers.

Big big favorite of mine. Love me some Taywan Taylor.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks