The Next Peyton Manning May Be In This Draft

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I like Kaaya as well, especially in the 2nd or 3rd and allowing him some time to acclimate.

His accuracy is what I really like. He puts the ball right where it needs to be, consistently.

Largest worry is clearly his poor reaction to pressure in the pocket. I am not sure if this can be significantly improved.

Behind Trubisky I like Kaaya quite a bit, but I have not yet seen much tape on Mahomes or Davis.

Mahomes is incredible. He reminds me of Brett Favre. I love his accuracy on the move. I have no doubt and would be willing to bet he turns out to be the best qb in this draft 5 years from now. Kaaya wont even be in the league or at best a 3rd stringer somewhere.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
So far this is what CCS has told us

Jimmy G= Rodgers
Kaaya= Manning
Mahommes= Favre
Trubisky= Ryan
Watson=Wilson
Kizer= A Black Carson Palmer
Peterman=Dalton
Kelly=Dak

AussieBear

Jimmy G= Rodgers
Kaaya= Manning
Mahommes= Favre
Trubisky= Ryan
Watson=Wilson
Peterman=Dalton
Kelly=Dak

dont forget

Glennon = a Goat
Mckraken = ???

greg23

Liked Posts:
Updated mock draft...after ignoring the position for 50 years why not the........all qb draft!

R1 trubisky-kizer-Watson
R2 Webb or Mahomes
R3 Kaaya
R4 Peterman
R5 kelley

We're bound to hit on one of these guys.....right?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is still one of the greatest posts of all time.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:

Jimmy G= Rodgers
Kaaya= Manning
Mahommes= Favre
Trubisky= Ryan
Watson=Wilson
Peterman=Dalton
Kelly=Dak

Whom ever compared watson to wilson should junp off the bridge immediately.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
- NFL scouts have a job to do, though, and they continue to check up on Brad Kaaya.

Arizona, Chicago, New Orleans, Houston, San Diego and Miami are the teams that visit UM’s training facility and games more than others, and ask the most about Kaaya, a UM source told The Post.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Am I the only on who doesn't have an issue with his arm strength? Looks fine to me.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's what I see. Thing is that when he's not rushing his throws and relaxed, he's deadly accurate inside 15 yards. He'll throw lights out in work outs and it will probably make him rise in the draft but he's less accurate under fire. It's why I personally don't even look at him until after our early 3rd. That said, He could easily go in 2 after teams talk to him and watch him throw. They will fall in love with his knowledge and accuracy under those conditions. He's also the guy they know can play under center.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Am I the only on who doesn't have an issue with his arm strength? Looks fine to me.

Yes, his arm strength is fine. I just noted that he doesn't have the strongest arm.

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
After reading three pages,I'msort of inclined to think we might need to consider waiting until ota's and see what we now have in Shaw and Cutler's JR.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
239473_o.gif

I think you get my drift. Nice...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Let us take a look at Peyton Manning for a moment and list some of his attributes:

1. Arm Strength - Not a great arm but can make all the throws

2. Dedication - Lives and breaths football 24/7

3. Student of the game - Understands the game like no other. Great football mind.

4. Mobility - Not a great scrambler, but great movement in the pocket.

5. Accuracy - Incredibly accurate passer.

6. Touch - Has beautiful touch on deep balls. Lofts it perfectly.

7. Decision Making - Makes incredibly quick decisions. Processes information at an almost inhumanly rate of speed.

8. Vision - Can see the entire field in one glance. Sees subtle things on the field that most would never notice.

9. Mechanics - Great footwork

[video=youtube_share;O4JBdFOLxGo]https://youtu.be/O4JBdFOLxGo[/video]

Now let us take a look at Brad Kaaya and see how his attributes compare to the great Peyton Manning:

1. Arm Strength - Doesnt have the greatest arm but can make all the throws.

2. Dedication - Even though he plays in Miami, the only thing he concerns himself with is football.

3. Student of the game - Is praised for his football intelligence.

4. Mobility - Hardly ever leaves the pocket, but possesses great movement inside the pocket to evade the rush. The Miami offensive line fell apart in 2016, but the prior season Kaaya had one of the lowest sack % when pressured in all of CFB. What makes this even more impressive is that all the other QB's with low % were running QB's that could consistently scramble out of the pocket while Kaaya never left the pocket.

5. Accuracy - Shows great accuracy, able to consistently fit balls into tight windows.

6. Touch - Possesses great touch on deep balls. Puts enough air under the ball to get it over the DB.

7. Decision Making - Can make lightning quick decisions on where the ball should go. Known to be very gifted in that he processes information much quicker than most.

8. Vision - Has fast eyes. Goes through progressions in a flash. Sees things that the coaches can only identify after watching tape.

9. Mechanics - Great footwork. Very disciplined.

- Todd McShay

"I think Brad Kaaya is the most NFL-ready of all these guys," McShay said. "He doesn't have a big arm and he needs to get a little bit bigger in terms of his bulk in order to hold up. He has the height, can see the whole field, and does it cause he has fast eyes. The guy processes information from what I see on tape so quickly and efficiently. He has good anticipation which you need to have if you don't have that elite big-time arm."

- Mark Richt

“For me, just coaching quarterbacks, he has the best peripheral vision I’ve been around and an ability to recall what happened. I can ask him what he saw and to me, it’s amazing what he’ll see and why he did what he did.

“There’s been times where I thought I saw this and I thought he really was going the wrong spot – that’s why I ask guys, ‘What did you see and why you did what you did?’ rather than, ‘You should have done this or should have done that.’ Because he has rules. He has reads and progressions and reasons why he goes on this side of the field or that side of the field. He’ll see some things that I didn’t notice, maybe, as it was happening. Then you’ll turn on the tape and say, ‘OK, I see why you did that.’

“He’s not always right, but he can tell you what he saw and what he sees is more than just this little tunnel vision. It’s very broad. His vision, I think, is really special.”

- Looking ahead to next years NFL Draft, Kaaya has been receiving a lot of comparisons and glowing comments from scouts. One unnamed ex-NFL exec talked about how Kaaya reminds him of recently retired and future Hall of Fame quarterback Peyton Manning.

“He has some Peyton Manning-like qualities as far as intelligence and leadership.” --NFL Exec

Me and you are two of the very few that like B.Kaaya.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No, I think Kizer is the best QB in the draft but Kaaya kinda reminds me of Peyton Manning. Even that deep ball Manning threw in college looks like Kaaya.

Yeah i still wouldn't take him at #3 but i'd think about taking him in the 2nd and would definitely take him in the 3rd, just don't know if he'll still be there in the 3rd but since we pick at the top of the 3rd then there's a chance he'll be there.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
- NFL scouts have a job to do, though, and they continue to check up on Brad Kaaya.

Arizona, Chicago, New Orleans, Houston, San Diego and Miami are the teams that visit UM’s training facility and games more than others, and ask the most about Kaaya, a UM source told The Post.

All of those teams have head coaches and or OC's that are known to be great QB's guys.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:

His arm strength isn't really a problem. His pocket awareness is worse than Grossman's. His knack for complete meltdown is on par with Cutler. I think he will be about an average NFL QB but he certainly is no top flight guy.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
His arm strength isn't really a problem. His pocket awareness is worse than Grossman's. His knack for complete meltdown is on par with Cutler. I think he will be about an average NFL QB but he certainly is no top flight guy.

Yes, there is no denying that he had a very hard time dealing with the pass rush this past season. That's why his stock has dropped. But I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say he has complete meltdowns like jay cutler.