The Next Peyton Manning May Be In This Draft

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let us take a look at Peyton Manning for a moment and list some of his attributes:

1. Arm Strength - Not a great arm but can make all the throws

2. Dedication - Lives and breaths football 24/7

3. Student of the game - Understands the game like no other. Great football mind.

4. Mobility - Not a great scrambler, but great movement in the pocket.

5. Accuracy - Incredibly accurate passer.

6. Touch - Has beautiful touch on deep balls. Lofts it perfectly.

7. Decision Making - Makes incredibly quick decisions. Processes information at an almost inhumanly rate of speed.

8. Vision - Can see the entire field in one glance. Sees subtle things on the field that most would never notice.

9. Mechanics - Great footwork

[video=youtube_share;O4JBdFOLxGo]https://youtu.be/O4JBdFOLxGo[/video]

Now let us take a look at Brad Kaaya and see how his attributes compare to the great Peyton Manning:

1. Arm Strength - Doesnt have the greatest arm but can make all the throws.

2. Dedication - Even though he plays in Miami, the only thing he concerns himself with is football.

3. Student of the game - Is praised for his football intelligence.

4. Mobility - Hardly ever leaves the pocket, but possesses great movement inside the pocket to evade the rush. The Miami offensive line fell apart in 2016, but the prior season Kaaya had one of the lowest sack % when pressured in all of CFB. What makes this even more impressive is that all the other QB's with low % were running QB's that could consistently scramble out of the pocket while Kaaya never left the pocket.

5. Accuracy - Shows great accuracy, able to consistently fit balls into tight windows.

6. Touch - Possesses great touch on deep balls. Puts enough air under the ball to get it over the DB.

7. Decision Making - Can make lightning quick decisions on where the ball should go. Known to be very gifted in that he processes information much quicker than most.

8. Vision - Has fast eyes. Goes through progressions in a flash. Sees things that the coaches can only identify after watching tape.

9. Mechanics - Great footwork. Very disciplined.

- Todd McShay

"I think Brad Kaaya is the most NFL-ready of all these guys," McShay said. "He doesn't have a big arm and he needs to get a little bit bigger in terms of his bulk in order to hold up. He has the height, can see the whole field, and does it cause he has fast eyes. The guy processes information from what I see on tape so quickly and efficiently. He has good anticipation which you need to have if you don't have that elite big-time arm."

- Mark Richt

“For me, just coaching quarterbacks, he has the best peripheral vision I’ve been around and an ability to recall what happened. I can ask him what he saw and to me, it’s amazing what he’ll see and why he did what he did.

“There’s been times where I thought I saw this and I thought he really was going the wrong spot – that’s why I ask guys, ‘What did you see and why you did what you did?’ rather than, ‘You should have done this or should have done that.’ Because he has rules. He has reads and progressions and reasons why he goes on this side of the field or that side of the field. He’ll see some things that I didn’t notice, maybe, as it was happening. Then you’ll turn on the tape and say, ‘OK, I see why you did that.’

“He’s not always right, but he can tell you what he saw and what he sees is more than just this little tunnel vision. It’s very broad. His vision, I think, is really special.”

- Looking ahead to next years NFL Draft, Kaaya has been receiving a lot of comparisons and glowing comments from scouts. One unnamed ex-NFL exec talked about how Kaaya reminds him of recently retired and future Hall of Fame quarterback Peyton Manning.

“He has some Peyton Manning-like qualities as far as intelligence and leadership.” --NFL Exec

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Peyton Manning had arguably the greatest pocket presence in NFL History. Almost like he had eyes in the back of his head to move exactly how the pocket was dictated.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Hold on, Manning had a great arm. Here is an expert describing it as a "laser rocket arm"

[video=youtube;2G0loI0Jn5M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G0loI0Jn5M[/video]

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you'd advocate taking Kaaya at #3?

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you'd advocate taking Kaaya at #3?

No, I think Kizer is the best QB in the draft but Kaaya kinda reminds me of Peyton Manning. Even that deep ball Manning threw in college looks like Kaaya.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, I think Kizer is the best QB in the draft but Kaaya kinda reminds me of Peyton Manning. Even that deep ball Manning threw in college looks like Kaaya.

the wobbling duck?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Adipost said:

What?

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the wobbling duck?

Watch Kaaya's passes in this video and then go back and watch Peyton's in the other video.

[video=youtube_share;XlZFG0_gqQI]https://youtu.be/XlZFG0_gqQI[/video]

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Manning was mixed?

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I like Kaaya as well, especially in the 2nd or 3rd and allowing him some time to acclimate.

His accuracy is what I really like. He puts the ball right where it needs to be, consistently.

Largest worry is clearly his poor reaction to pressure in the pocket. I am not sure if this can be significantly improved.

Behind Trubisky I like Kaaya quite a bit, but I have not yet seen much tape on Mahomes or Davis.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watch Kaaya's passes in this video and then go back and watch Peyton's in the other video.

[video=youtube_share;XlZFG0_gqQI]https://youtu.be/XlZFG0_gqQI[/video]

i don't like highlight videos, i'm basing the wobbling duck long ball off of watching him play 4 years at UT

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I think Kaaya will be a good NFL QB, but he is going to need to sit and learn and be DEVELOPED to maximize his potential for success. No one should have any faith in the Bears being able to do that especially when it seems likely that a coaching change will be happening shortly. The worse thing that could happen to any rookie QB the Bears bring into the fold will be for a coaching change within the next two years. Just take a look at some of the more successful QBs in the league currently. The common denominator for most of them is stability with the playbook and coaching staff.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Peyton Manning had arguably the greatest pocket presence in NFL History. Almost like he had eyes in the back of his head to move exactly how the pocket was dictated.

Due to his lack of mobility, Kaaya’s sack avoidance might actually be more impressive. His ability to move within the pocket is elite, especially considering his age. -- CFB FILM ROOM

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
The only thing Kaaya has in common with Manning is they have three letters in their last names that are the same.

You forgot the part where theyre both pocket passers and play the qb position besides that i think i would need to know them on a personal level.