Official Trade Deadline Thread

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Why in a rebuild do you have to trade your best player? I say keep Jimmy and get rid of anybody else. If we're trying to woo a big time free agent it's a lot easier sell to say, "here's another all-star to play with" instead of you'll be the guy a team with a bunch guys with "potential."

I forgot who I was watching that made that point, but they said when the Celtics were rebuilding they refused to get rid of Pierce it and it worked out for them.

Couple problems -

1.Having Jimmy hurts draft postion - With him, we probably never sniff a top 7 pick.

2. The Bulls FO can't recruit FA's.

3. I think the quality of free agents that truly hit the market will decrease IMO.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
It's not about trading your best player, as much as it's about what the Bulls get in return.

This draft class is hyped, lots of freshman. So that is going to bring another set of problems and bad scouting. But it's possible the Bulls can trade Jimmy away and wind up with TWO draft picks in 2017 that turn out better than Jimmy within a single season. Possible and likely if they take the Celtics trade for the Nets pick(potentially the #1 pick). I love Jimmy, I really do, but the bonehead offseason just made salvaging this team impossible. We would need to wait until 2019 to be a middle of the pack team again. Two firsts in this draft could mean something far more elite, perennial finalists for a decade.

Just keep Gar away from the draft board.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The people I would love to see dealt in order:
1. Jimmy
2. Niko
3. Bobby

When is this thing over?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Supposedly the Thunder want Taj and the Bulls are looking at offers for Taj, McDermott, and especially Mirotic.

Can't wait for all the nothing that will come of all this.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Okefor prefers being dealt to Chicago. Okc wants taj. Maybe a three team trade.

This is about as blockbuster as you get with garpax lol

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
76ers get:
Andrew Bogut
Justin Anderson
first-round draft pick (top 18 protected)

Mavericks get:
Nerlens Noel

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This team is fucking incompetent. We can't trade our players because we systematically devalue them all.

Bad coaching, bad discipline. Our guys look bad out there and that doesn't help move a guy like Mirotic. We make team decisions but then don't plan for the future around them. We just fuck a guy like Rondo...instead of saying...you know what..Rondo isn't the answer. We have to move him. Lets spend 6-8 weeks making this entire team about Rondo. Putting him on the strongest units, changing his plus minus, putting special focus into his personal success...so we can ditch him.

No, instead we demote him, make leadership from his position extremely difficult and undermine his team clout. We cause little fights, and increase perception he is cancer, while rolling him out on -20 line-ups with our soft ass bench.

Should have been done to salvage Mirotic. Gibson should be easy to move on friendly but expiring deal. I wonder what the Warriors would give up for Lopez to replace the Bogut void they are feeling?

We have proven time and time again we get the least out of people. We are not developiing shit or making anyone look good except Jimmy.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
76ers get:
Andrew Bogut
Justin Anderson
first-round draft pick

Mavericks get:
Nerlens Noel

They moved Noel (cancer to the cancer owner who doesn't see it), and now have Bogut/Okafor/Embiid?

What the fuck? Obvious supporting move coming you would think. We need to jump on Okafor because Sixers proving they weren't "tanking", they just have no clue.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not about trading your best player, as much as it's about what the Bulls get in return.

This draft class is hyped, lots of freshman. So that is going to bring another set of problems and bad scouting. But it's possible the Bulls can trade Jimmy away and wind up with TWO draft picks in 2017 that turn out better than Jimmy within a single season. Possible and likely if they take the Celtics trade for the Nets pick(potentially the #1 pick). I love Jimmy, I really do, but the bonehead offseason just made salvaging this team impossible. We would need to wait until 2019 to be a middle of the pack team again. Two firsts in this draft could mean something far more elite, perennial finalists for a decade.

Just keep Gar away from the draft board.

Jayson Tatum (Duke) might be worth a Jimmy. Tatum would be a nice target if we got the Nets pick. I would like it more than Dunn. At least your are replacing the two way play, length, rebounding, and scoring potential all in one player. Tatum is similar to Jimmy just more developed at this age so far in his career. You can see him on his way to that player....where Jimmy Buckets sorta had to make big jumps every year offensively to get there.

If you trade Jimmy, you better have 4 players you value that high though, who else is there?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okefor prefers being dealt to Chicago. Okc wants taj. Maybe a three team trade.

This is about as blockbuster as you get with garpax lol

Taj could be nasty with Westbrook. He is a good offensive rebounder when chaos and penetration.

He can hit the mid range stuff Westbrook would open. He would benefit from Kanter and their other heavy lifters.

Is it possible to come away with Okafor AND Mitch McGary from that? He still around?

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nothing is going to happen, is it?

Last edited:

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
LOL!!!

OKC Making Moves?

If the Thunder get these two back in exchange for just Cameron Payne and Andre Roberson, it'd be a big win.

Follow
Marc Stein ✔ @ESPNSteinLine
Sources tell @RoyceYoung and me that the Thunder have explored the prospect of a trade in which they acquire both D. McDermott and T. Gibson

11:07 AM - 23 Feb 2017

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Doug + Gibson for Westbrook is the official offer.

BTW, Doug will be an 83% 3PT shooter once he starts wearing a new uniform.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Salary dump trade.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doug + Gibson for Westbrook is the official offer.

BTW, Doug will be an 83% 3PT shooter once he starts wearing a new uniform.

Doug could literally shoot 83% from 3 and still not be worth Westbrook.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
If that's the OKC deal the Bulls are fools. Payne hasn't seen the court enough to have a clue what he can do. They already have 4 PGs why bother adding a 5th who hasn't shown anything? Roberson shoots like 42% from the FT line. They sure as hell better be getting more in return.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
McDermott, Gibson, and 2nd round pick for Cameron Payne, Joffrey Lauvergne, and Anthony Morrow.