SuperDitkaMan's Nagy and Pace Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watson won 3 of 4 college football playoff games.

We don't know how rare that feat might be yet...certainly one will come one day who wins 4 or 6 of 4 or 6.

But....until then...it could be 20 years until we see another 3 of 4 which makes him once in a generation potential talent.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Watson won 3 of 4 college football playoff games.

We don't know how rare that feat might be yet...certainly one will come one day who wins 4 or 6 of 4 or 6.

But....until then...it could be 20 years until we see another 3 of 4 which makes him once in a generation potential talent.

No it doesn't. He may be special talented but not because of that. Is Jake Coker super talented because he beat Watson for the title last year? Has Watson won a Heisman?

Tebow was part of 3 Bowl wins, one loss. 2 of the wins were championships and he has a Heisman, Player of the year, and SEC O player of the year on a separate occasion. Tebow is #1 in the history of SEC in passing efficiency, YPA, TDs and 2nd in total yards.

Do I like Watson more than Tebow coming out? Of course I do but this College winning or other accolades stuff aren't what will make him a good NFL QB. His skill set and ability to adapt will.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
If Watson is Pace's guy it will be because of the intangibles Watson possesses.

That's fine but you better be ready to overhaul their offensive scheme.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
If Watson is Pace's guy it will be because of the intangibles Watson possesses.

That's fine but you better be ready to overhaul their offensive scheme.

Not really. The offense as it stands has plenty of spread Concept's. It also has zone read concept's. Furthermore, you'd only have to "overhaul" if you thought said player wasn't mentally capable (like an RG3) to pick up the more advanced nuances of the offense. Watson is more Mariota than RG3 from the mental make up side of things.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not really. The offense as it stands has plenty of spread Concept's. It also has zone read concept's. Furthermore, you'd only have to "overhaul" if you thought said player wasn't mentally capable (like an RG3) to pick up the more advanced nuances of the offense. Watson is more Mariota than RG3 from the mental make up side of things.

Yeah I don't know how things progressed throughout the season but I remember that against Houston, of Cutler's 29 passes, 26 of them apparently came from playing out of the shotgun. I can't find stats on the rest of the season I would say most elite passing teams probably throw more out of shotgun than anything else. They just mix it up with some throws from under center to not make it so obvious when they are passing or running the ball.

http://bearswire.usatoday.com/2016/09/15/bears-offense-needs-to-be-less-predictable-versus-eagles/

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
We got some real talkers around here , lol.

Does nobody have any answers with this or are we just ignoring because nobody is interested in going?

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I think we can write off Trubisky now...

The Artist Formerly Known as Mitch Trubisky has informed teams he would prefer to be called Mitchell Trubisky from now on. Yeah..because that's what teams are looking for at the Combine....nurse abusers and name changers. Ok, Mitch, you got it. Someday when I make it to the Combine, I'm.gonna tell teams that I would prefer to be called Velociraptor P. Trapper-Keeper. Or VPTP for short. I'm good either way.

We don't need some diva weirdo playing QB for the Bears.

This may seem like a non-story, but in this era of weird, sensitive kids, this is a bright red flag to me.

I'd rather just continue on with bad QBs then bad AND weird.

That said...I mostly just think he's WAY to raw to take in the 1st round.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He grew up being called 'Mitch the bitch' give him a break.

Although we could still call him 'Mitchell the bitchell'.

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Well I'm still gonna call him Mitch.

So tough tit, Mitch.

Mitchell is weird and preppy.

SuperDitkaMan

BANNED
Liked Posts:
He grew up being called 'Mitch the bitch' give him a break.

Although we could still call him 'Mitchell the bitchell'.

I wonder if when he was born, Dr. Newman from SNL called Mitch's parents in to his office and said, "Your son Mitch is a witch".

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hope the 9ers feel as you do.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky is one of the few who helped his stock today. Just as fast as Watson, and can throw the ball pretty damn well.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meh.

Not weird enough for me.

Now if he asked everyone to start calling him Michelle...that would have him fly to the top of my draft board.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When Mayock says that a few of these guys have 1st round talent but 2nd round grades, WTF is he talking about? If you're drafting these guys to be 1st round talented their 1st year in the NFL, better never take a QB in one. This is not a weak class either.

Status
Not open for further replies.