modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
somewhere is desperado34....

[video=youtube;NjUQMs0kVEI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjUQMs0kVEI[/video]

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
While Cutler's contract does not include a no-trade clause, there remains a widespread belief that a deal will require both Cutler and the Bears to agree on the suitor. Cutler, 33, has little incentive to play for a noncompetitive team given the lack of any guaranteed money in his current contract, sources with NFL teams privy to the details said.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18736686/chicago-bears-actively-shopping-jay-cutler

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
While Cutler's contract does not include a no-trade clause, there remains a widespread belief that a deal will require both Cutler and the Bears to agree on the suitor. Cutler, 33, has little incentive to play for a noncompetitive team given the lack of any guaranteed money in his current contract, sources with NFL teams privy to the details said.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18736686/chicago-bears-actively-shopping-jay-cutler

I think there is still incentive to get traded...why would Jay want to get released and make about 3 million a year as opposed to 16 million.....even if another team cuts him he is still in the same boat as if he was released in the first place.....

It's about the money.....not where he has the best chance to win.

Alpha

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see this scenario Pace trades Cutler and the 1st to the Patriots and done.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Pace: (Phone) Hey we`re looking to trade Jay i think we can work something out for one of your late round picks. Whadaya say?

Every GM:

[video=youtube;WofqmWpXJZ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WofqmWpXJZ8[/video]

Click.....Dial tone.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would be happy with just about anything for Cutler. 7th rounder, UDFA, whatever, just get rid of the guy.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Last year Cutler might have landed us a 3rd, this year he will not get us anything.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
Jay Cutler - QB - Bears
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Bears have "actively started seeking" a trade partner for Jay Cutler.
And so it begins. The Bears will try their darnedest to get something in return for Cutler, though there's a good chance the team will end up cutting him. Cuter has been on the decline for years and hasn't played a full 16-game slate since 2009. With that said, a quarterback-needy team like the Browns or Jets could be desperate enough to take the bait. The Bears are expected to target Patriots QB Jimmy Garoppolo as a replacement, but they'll face plenty of competition on that front.

Would rather keep Cutler than trade for the Patriots cast off back-up quarterback (that's what he is if they are willing to trade him). At least we could keep the draft pick and use it on a quarterback who may actually do something in the NFL.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I bet they are..
right? Lol...they don't know do they? 1. He is untradable and has been for three years. 2. He remains 36 months beyond his release date he would have received from 30 other franchises.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:

correct me if im wrong, but wouldnt that mean the deal would require no such thing? if pace manages to find someone willing to give up something for jay who gives a fuck what he wants? what is pace going to say?oh never mind, cutler doesnt want to play for you so no deal.

gtfo.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
For all the "Cutler to the Pats as part of a JG trade" people, please explain this to me: why the fuck would NE want to sit on Cutler's base salary of $12.5 mil this season (which only increases over the following years)? One of the primary reasons they may be shopping Garoppolo is because they don't want to have to give him a decent contract to ride the pine after this season with Brady still around. But they'd do that for Cutler? Get your heads out of your asses.

DaGunslinger6

Liked Posts:
correct me if im wrong, but wouldnt that mean the deal would require no such thing? if pace manages to find someone willing to give up something for jay who gives a fuck what he wants? what is pace going to say?oh never mind, cutler doesnt want to play for you so no deal.

gtfo.
Or Pace could tell Jay he's been traded to Cleveland, Jets etc and Jay could light up a Marlboro, blow a big cloud of smoke in his face and retire...