Bears actively looking for trade partner for Cutler

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
His contract is a plus for a team 15 million next season, no guaranteed money.

That is the only reason that a deal might get done.

More than likely we cut him after the draft.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cutler may fetch a 6th or 7th round pick so that a team has to give him 0 guaranteed money. It all depends on what guys like Glennon fetch on the open market.

If you have to pay Glennon 12 million/year and guarantee 24 of it, just trade a late round pick for Cutler and get a pay as you go deal for only a little more.

But it is a long shot.

lurker

Liked Posts:
Cutler and a 5th for a 4th. Get it done!

Reactions: DC

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
His contract is a plus for a team 15 million next season, no guaranteed money.

That is the only reason that a deal might get done.

More than likely we cut him after the draft.

I think he'll be gone long before the draft. If anyone is going to trade for him, it will be sooner rather than later.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think he'll be gone long before the draft. If anyone is going to trade for him, it will be sooner rather than later.

I don't think he will be traded for.

They will hold him through the draft to see if anyone is desperate or left without a QB and then they will cut him.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Benjamin Allbright@AllbrightNFL 1h1 hour ago
Rumored leading contender for Cutler has been the Jets, FWIW.

Reactions: DC

MidwestMonster2

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For all the "Cutler to the Pats as part of a JG trade" people, please explain this to me: why the fuck would NE want to sit on Cutler's base salary of $12.5 mil this season (which only increases over the following years)? One of the primary reasons they may be shopping Garoppolo is because they don't want to have to give him a decent contract to ride the pine after this season with Brady still around. But they'd do that for Cutler? Get your heads out of your asses.

Fair enough, I'll take my beat down like a man.
<note to self - Don't get high and try to post...cuz you're high...man..> - heh, hymen...shut UP!!! Daves not here man..

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Not sure why the Jets would make much sense either. They already have a massive salary purge ahead of them just to be able to fill out their roster and have enough space in their rookie pool. Getting rid of Mangold and Decker, or Revis and Decker, would cover Cutler, but then they're back to square one as far as being hard up against the cap. Seriously, they have 9 guys counting $7+ against the cap (compared to the Bears 3), not to mention Wilkerson at a whopping $18 (and $26.75 in dead money). How the fuck did they manage that and still suck this bad?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
QBs are hard to come by so I believe Pace will be able to get something back in return, late Rd pick. For the ones that ask, why would anyone trade a draft pick for someone that is getting released. If that team really wants him, the best way to get the player is to trade for him versus having to battle maybe another couple of suitors.

bearsforever

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We'll probably be able to land a 7th round pick.......in 2038

billwade

Liked Posts:
I think there is still incentive to get traded...why would Jay want to get released and make about 3 million a year as opposed to 16 million.....even if another team cuts him he is still in the same boat as if he was released in the first place.....

It's about the money.....not where he has the best chance to win.

Which is why no GM will be dumb enough to trade for jay unless he agrees for a restructuring that would perhaps pay him slightly higher than current street value. Maybe in the 4-5 mil range. certainly no more than that.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Desperado says this is all just fake news.

You can understand him with all that Cutler jizz dripping from his blowhole?

Which is why no GM will be dumb enough to trade for jay unless he agrees for a restructuring that would perhaps pay him slightly higher than current street value. Maybe in the 4-5 mil range. certainly no more than that.

That's just not how contract restructuring works, at all...

billwade

Liked Posts:
You can understand him with all that Cutler jizz dripping from his blowhole?

That's just not how contract restructuring works, at all...

Yes it is. There is no GM in his right mind who would pay jay 16 mil for the privilege of getting him in a trade. The deal would have to be negotiated up front so that jay would join his new team at a heavily discounted rate.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some of you laughing at this are the same sickos that have been blindly defending him for almost a decade.

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jay and #3 to 49ers for #2? We tell 49ers who we're taking.

AussieBear

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Chicago GM Ryan Pace, a CCS (chicitysports.com) member and lurker was recently triggered by a poster going by the name aussiebear, aussie was spreading Cutler fear and wondered if pace was indeed in charge. And so it begins. Bears have "actively started seeking" a trade partner for Jay Cutler.