Bears actively looking for trade partner for Cutler

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The purpose of making it public is that if any team really wants him as a stop gap, they can give up something minor for him and get him A) with no guaranteed money, and B) without risking another team getting him.

For the Bears, something is better than nothing, especially if they were to use multiple picks for a JG trade.

I doubt there are any teams that will do it though and I expect him to be released.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Anyone know if you can trade him and pay for some of his salary? Isn't that what we did with Jared Allen? Just curious if that's a possibly that could go down? If the Bears keep paying for like a majority of his salary, maybe they can get a higher pick and someone would be willing to take a shot at him?

You want the Bears to pay the majority of Jays salary, so he can play on another team?? Why not cut him and pay him nothing?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The purpose of making it public is that if any team really wants him as a stop gap, they can give up something minor for him and get him A) with no guaranteed money, and B) without risking another team getting him.

For the Bears, something is better than nothing, especially if they were to use multiple picks for a JG trade.

I doubt there are any teams that will do it though and I expect him to be released.
There may have been but Jay putting the retirement thing out there makes it a lot less viable.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
You want the Bears to pay the majority of Jays salary, so he can play on another team?? Why not cut him and pay him nothing?

To get a better draft pick. If the salary is what a team is really concerned about but was willing to give up a 3rd or something if the Bears take on half the salary, I would definitely consider that.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To get a better draft pick. If the salary is what a team is really concerned about but was willing to give up a 3rd or something if the Bears take on half the salary, I would definitely consider that.

I don't think anyone is paying over $9m for a 6th round pick when you could get a sure thing FA for that. Jay also said he'd retire in the wrong situation so there's little incentive for teams to not wait for him to be cut. If there's 2 or 3 teams that really want him, the salary wont be the stumbling block but I doubt that market if there. If he's only worth paying $6-8m a year, that's 'I don't want him as my starter but I'll settle' money so don't expect to get more than that late pick. Jay is no longer potential, he's Jay Cutler going in the wrong direction.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
imo, Jay really only has two realistic scenarios the Jets and Texans. The Jets are only a year removed from a 10 win season and Bowles like Fox is on the hot seat. I would think its Jay or MG and would lean towards the latter for them. Who knows what and if the Texans will do.

I honestly don't think the Texans are a realistic option. They already owe Brock a large guaranteed sum for next season. It would make more sense for them to draft a rookie in the draft and hope he is good enough to out play Brock. Then they can cut Brock after the season.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
The fact that he's only making 15 and the new team can cut him next year with no penalty makes him a decent option for teams who plan on developing a rookie QB. Cutler will not play for less than 10m or so anyway.....for god sakes Fitzpatrick just got like 11 mill last year. Browns, 49ers, Houston, jax, NYJ all seem to be possibilities.(not sure of cap spaces for said teams)

The compensation however will just be a 6th or 7th though...is it fair to send jay away to a place he doesn't want to go? I'd cut him and give him the freedom.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The compensation however will just be a 6th or 7th though...is it fair to send jay away to a place he doesn't want to go? I'd cut him and give him the freedom.

Cutler hasn't given this organization shit. Trade him to whoever will take him. Who gives a shit what he wants.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
247 sports reporting Cutler won't accept a trade to any team

Can't wait till he's cut and the nightmare is finally over

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Jay should rethink his no trade attitude. A team willing to trade for him is willing to pay his current contract salary. Said team making such a commitment is going to make him their main man.
Otherwise Jay is risking that the Bear's don't release him right away. That team that was willing to pay Jay his current rate is going to move on and take care of their situation in FA or the draft. Jays options of finding his current salary go right out the door if he is released late. Unless the Bear's actually find a way to spend all of their cap, I could easily see them hanging on to Jay until after the draft.

Chinese

Liked Posts:
I hate Cutler so much is give up our first pick to any team willing to take - just to show how much we want him out.....okay I wouldn't but you get the point

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Cutler has given the bears exactly what the bears have given him to work with...mediocre talent=mediocre results. Take a look at his o-lines and WR squads he has had especially his first few years here. All the hits he's taken and not said anything. I give him a lot of credit for dealing with this franchise. Imagine working for a company who is incompetent year after year...so I'd do the right thing and just cut him.