Bears actively looking for trade partner for Cutler

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Jay deserves a raise. Where's Emery when you need him?

billwade

Liked Posts:
Everybody is going to be sad when Cutler is the starter opening day next season...

This story seems contrived to me. It's crossed my mind that this could just be another Bears purposeful fake news story. Then, when there is no trade, Pace will do an interview and claim they explored all their available options and decided jay was the best choice for QB going into 2017. .

Swear to God I could see that beady-eyed accountant pulling the strings behind the curtain to make sure jay stays and dumping it on Pace to sell it to the fan base.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I would probably find something else to do with my time.

That is true. I am sure I can find something to do around the house!

Actually next year is going to be an experiment for me I am firing directv and getting cable so instead of the ticket I am going to get gamepass I can watch the whole game in 45 minutes in the evening. I figure that is better than wasting my whole sunday like I have been for the last 5 years with the ticket between my game and my girls teams game it took us over 6 hours every sunday... I am over that.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the best case scenario for Cutler would be if he were traded to San Fran. I think he would be ok over there and back up the rookie qb that they select.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
This story seems contrived to me. It's crossed my mind that this could just be another Bears purposeful fake news story. Then, when there is no trade, Pace will do an interview and claim they explored all their available options and decided jay was the best choice for QB going into 2017. .

Swear to God I could see that beady-eyed accountant pulling the strings behind the curtain to make sure jay stays and dumping it on Pace to sell it to the fan base.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least.
Quite honestly though 16 million isn't too bad for a starting QB anymore. His price tag isn't untenable.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That is true. I am sure I can find something to do around the house!

Actually next year is going to be an experiment for me I am firing directv and getting cable so instead of the ticket I am going to get gamepass I can watch the whole game in 45 minutes in the evening. I figure that is better than wasting my whole sunday like I have been for the last 5 years with the ticket between my game and my girls teams game it took us over 6 hours every sunday... I am over that.

It would be tough not to watch, but I can't fathom watching Cutler trot out there and give minimal effort and then give up when things go south. I would hope that Pace and the Bears FO feel the same way.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
There is no reason for Jay to be brought back even if the replacement options aren't amazing. Guys like Hoyer and Barkley played just as good as Jay can and played just as bad as Jay does at times too all for substantially less. Jay is an anchor around the franchise's neck at this point. Clean the slate and give Chicago fans a new QB to hate.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is a chance Cutler cant even pass a physical yet due to his shoulder rehab so isn't this a bit premature?

Nonetheless, The Jets should be considered the favorite to trade or sign him given Bates recent hire. Plus the fact they have absolutely no QB on the roster that can win games and they probably cant afford to plug one of these rookies in day one and pray for a Dak Prescott 2.0. So why not throw Jay under center and at least have a chance to hit .500 and draft a guy to sit behind him for a year or two.

C-U-T-T-Y...... CUTTY CUTTY CUTTY!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It would be tough not to watch, but I can't fathom watching Cutler trot out there and give minimal effort and then give up when things go south. I would hope that Pace and the Bears FO feel the same way.

I've been threatening to quit watching the Bears for a few years now but I would probably still watch them this year no matter what they do. What is pathetic is that I get no enjoyment watching them fuck things up year after year:(

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
In a basement somewhere in Chicago Despbro is hysterically crying into his Jay Cutler body pillow.... lol

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
Maybe the Bears somehow implement the Bigger Sucker strategy with Cutler and trade him and all the remaining betamax tapes of the Bears Super Bowl shuffle for a 4th rounder. They'll be worth something someday.

SouthSida773

Liked Posts:
Trade him please. Throw in the 3rd pick of the draft if it helps.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
His play on the other hand ....

If his vagina is sand free and everything is going his way is play is decent.

When little things go wrong he goes downhill in a major way in a hurry....

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not me. I'd rather watch Jay play than Brandon Hoyor or that other dude.

While this is true, it's time. Seeing him on the field will just remind me of how behind schedule we are.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ian Rappaport is rappaport-Ing via twit or tweet or twat or whatever it's called that the Bears have been looking for a trade partner since Monday of this week, that Cutler is aware of the Bears' actions, and that the Bears will cut him if they can't find a willing partner.

Rappaport is usually wrong and thus eternally suspect, but the idiotic logic of leaking intentions to release Jay"-Low" if they can't sucker someone into giving something up for him is stupidly and sufficiently Bears-Ian to lend Rappaport's rappa-port credence.

Nonetheless though has Cutler's hold on the Bears (via of course Ginny) proven even more virulent than LOVIE "LaCucaracha" Smith's did, so until he is actually traded or released, and maybe even after that, the purgatory within which Cutler's tenure has damned the Bears must be considered unending.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
Anyone know if you can trade him and pay for some of his salary? Isn't that what we did with Jared Allen? Just curious if that's a possibly that could go down? If the Bears keep paying for like a majority of his salary, maybe they can get a higher pick and someone would be willing to take a shot at him?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ian Rappaport is rappaport-Ing via twit or tweet or twat or whatever it's called that the Bears have been looking for a trade partner since Monday of this week, that Cutler is aware of the Bears' actions, and that the Bears will cut him if they can't find a willing partner.

Rappaport is usually wrong and thus eternally suspect, but the idiotic logic of leaking intentions to release Jay"-Low" if they can't sucker someone into giving something up for him is stupidly and sufficiently Bears-Ian to lend Rappaport's rappa-port credence.

Nonetheless though has Cutler's hold on the Bears (via of course Ginny) proven even more virulent than LOVIE "LaCucaracha" Smith's did, so until he is actually traded or released, and maybe even after that, the purgatory within which Cutler's tenure has damned the Bears must be considered unending.

I think all know we release him if no trade. The idea of the trade would be to disallow Jay seeking out a better suitor. Of course, Jay saying he'll retire unless it's the right situation makes that much less viable. He gives us one last finger and his way out the door.